Drink package question - sorry

wdw9193'

I've read every post on drink packages but haven't seen this mentioned. DH and I will be sailing on the Solstice (Honeymoon) next week Sept 8. We have the classic drink package. I'm considering upgrading to premium. My question is this...when does the drink package start. I've only sailed Carnival in the past, and at the time, the drink packages (alcohol) didn't start until the second day of the sailing. I haven't been able to find anything on the Celebrity website or in the FAQ's that mentions when the drink packages begin. I appreciate your patience with more questions on this topic and thank you in advance for your help.

First congratulations! You have picked an amazing ship for your honeymoon.

The package starts when you board. You can upgrade before boarding, with your first drink, or within the first couple of days after boarding (not sure if there is a cut-off date). Just tell the waiter/server you want to upgrade (and believe me they will be asking, and asking, and asking......)

Thank you :hearteyes:

We are very excited. I was hoping that would be the case. I always thought it wasn't right for Carnival to make you pay for the first day but you couldn't use it. They may have changed that now.

I appreciate your help!

The classic beverage package now allows you to pay the difference between the classic allowance and any beverage you may order that is above that cost. They just instituted that change this year. The difference in the per day cost if you want to upgrade is $11.80 per person per day. Depending on your drinking preferences it may be more cost effective to pay the difference than the upgrade costs. Only you and your new spouse will know that. Congratulations and enjoy your wonderful honeymoon.

Thank you :hearteyes:

We are very excited. I was hoping that would be the case. I always thought it wasn't right for Carnival to make you pay for the first day but you couldn't use it. They may have changed that now.

I appreciate your help!

How long ago was that? I know that out of certain ports carnival waits until the second day to start the drink package due to local liquor laws (Galveston is one)' date=' but at least now, you don't pay for the first day on those itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How long ago was that? I know that out of certain ports carnival waits until the second day to start the drink package due to local liquor laws (Galveston is one), but at least now, you don't pay for the first day on those itineraries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only sailed out of Galveston, so that explains it. My last sailing was Sept 2014.

I've read every post on drink packages but haven't seen this mentioned. DH and I will be sailing on the Solstice (Honeymoon) next week Sept 8. We have the classic drink package. I'm considering upgrading to premium. My question is this...when does the drink package start. I've only sailed Carnival in the past' date=' and at the time, the drink packages (alcohol) didn't start until the second day of the sailing. I haven't been able to find anything on the Celebrity website or in the FAQ's that mentions when the drink packages begin. I appreciate your patience with more questions on this topic and thank you in advance for your help.[/quote']

Congrats!! We sailed Equinox for our honeymoon and loved it and we hope you guys will too! Perfect destination as well! As others mentioned above, your package begins as soon as you board! Happy days!