Reflection in the Caribean in December

HR Queen

We are considering a 10 day in early December. When we were on the Equinox in 2013 it was very difficult to find a chair on any deck on sea days. Since they are about the same size we were wondering how much of a problem this is on Reflection. There are 4 sea days on this cruise.

We have been on Summit twice and never had the same problem.

Anything we should know about Reflection??

Thanks!

We are considering a 10 day in early December. When we were on the Equinox in 2013 it was very difficult to find a chair on any deck on sea days. Since they are about the same size we were wondering how much of a problem this is on Reflection. There are 4 sea days on this cruise.

We have been on Summit twice and never had the same problem.

Anything we should know about Reflection??

Thanks!

We were on Reflection earlier this month in the Med. Our DF walked around all the sun decks for 15/20 minutes on a sea day looking for one sun bed for himself. No joy - he ended up on a towel on the grassed area along with another 100 other pax. The towels were a few inches apart and I'd have been very annoyed if I'd purchased one of the cabanas looking at that view; I've never seen this on any other X ship on my previous sailings, and we always sail in peak season.

We've sailed the Caribbean in December the last 6 years and we find it rather hit and miss. Our friends get up early and always get some the level above overlooking the stage area so they get some shade from the canopy. We're not too bothered about sitting in the sun but when we do were either really in luck and can grab some or sometimes nothing. We've booked 3 days with a cabana on reflection this Christmas to guarantee space together for 4 of us.

More rooms on Reflection, similar deck space....We cruise on her in March and are contemplating which port to 'miss' so we can quietly enjoy her deck space....We will probably head for the Solarium too on sea days.

Good excuse to book a room with a nice balcony!

More rooms on Reflection, similar deck space....We cruise on her in March and are contemplating which port to 'miss' so we can quietly enjoy her deck space....We will probably head for the Solarium too on sea days.

Good excuse to book a room with a nice balcony!

My DH prefers the solarium, but no joy in there either. He moved a book that had been sitting on a bed for sometime and then a lady came back after 30 minutes asking who'd moved her book. I was due to meet him there later. As soon as I arrived, a gentleman got out of the jacuzzi and asked my DH if he was going so that he could have his bed (he'd obviously been sitting in the jacuzzi just waiting for a bed to become free). In fact he wasn't, we were just touching base on where to meet for lunch. I prefer sitting on our balcony ;) - can't do with all the bed debacle.

My DH prefers the solarium, but no joy in there either. He moved a book that had been sitting on a bed for sometime and then a lady came back after 30 minutes asking who'd moved her book. I was due to meet him there later. As soon as I arrived, a gentleman got out of the jacuzzi and asked my DH if he was going so that he could have his bed (he'd obviously been sitting in the jacuzzi just waiting for a bed to become free). In fact he wasn't, we were just touching base on where to meet for lunch. I prefer sitting on our balcony ;) - can't do with all the bed debacle.

No, like you, unwilling to spend precious cruise time bed hunting...

On one of our Ultimate Caribbean cruises on the first sea day mid morning the pool areas and Solarium were heaving....

We decided to go for a stroll around the lawn and then back to the balcony for some sun...as we neared the sunset bar area it was empty! We got ourselves comfortably settled...Ordered drinks, we really couldn't sit there without one (it would be so rude!). We enjoyed the sun and tranquility for sometime before we decided it was getting too hot with no pool to dive into. May try here for a sunny seat next cruise if the ship is busy!

This response makes me sad!!!! How can they not have enough chairs & space for everyone?? We would get a balcony cabin but still.....

So how is the weather in December? We have been on 9 cruises but always in Jan, Feb or March.

We are retired and also considering Holland American just because of the "crowded" issue.

Thanks again.

This response makes me sad!!!! How can they not have enough chairs & space for everyone?? We would get a balcony cabin but still.....

So how is the weather in December? We have been on 9 cruises but always in Jan, Feb or March.

We are retired and also considering Holland American just because of the "crowded" issue.

Thanks again.

I have found that it is easier to get a lounge early morning...only problem is it's shader and cooler earlier,... So you need to be prepared to spend some time :)

We too love sitting up by the sunset bar in the comfortable chairs, a towel for the foot rest and I'm all set with my book. It works great when there are two of us however on the last 3 we've found more and more people sitting at the big round tables in swimwear using a second chair as a footrest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too love sitting up by the sunset bar in the comfortable chairs, a towel for the foot rest and I'm all set with my book. It works great when there are two of us however on the last 3 we've found more and more people sitting at the big round tables in swimwear using a second chair as a footrest.

I thought after posting it might be a mistake....the more we share our "seating secrets" the less secret they become!

On our Eclipse cruise in the Spring one evening I had hopped on crutches to the sunset bar with my husband and son....it was quite busy, just bar stools left and one chair with handbag and camera on it. When my son approached and politely asked if he could have the chair for his Mum the lady looked all around for other empty chairs before reluctantly moving her possessions!

on the last 3 we've found more and more people sitting at the big round tables in swimwear using a second chair as a footrest

This is a pet hate of mine, but you see it a lot. That and those that think it's ok to use the tables as a foot rest. Where people are going to put down their drinks and potentially food. Horrid habit. And it's not just when the pool deck loungers are occupied. Wonder if they do the same at home?

Phil

We found Reflection felt more crowded than other S class ships...esp at the pool areas and aft bar area where folks stretched out along the banquettes...the nightclub also felt truncated and smaller....BLU however was very nice!

What shocked me on Reflection was that people were lying on towels down the side sections too - where one would normally play bocce. Unsure what would have happened if the grass was cordoned off for 'rest' :o.

Reflection has more passengers and about the same lounging space. So do the math. She is a beautiful ship but IMHO more crowded in all the public areas than the other X ships. I am not a sit in the sun type of person, but it's more opinion that Celebrity needs to do something to provide more seating for people who are. There should not be daily battles for seating going on. You're taking a cruise to relax, not fight for territory.