Hooray!!!.....not stopping in Nassau

cowboygene

We were in Nassau this summer (Off Grandeur) for the first time this summer. We walked to Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle, and Junkanoo beach on our own. All of the locals we spoke to were very nice and helpful. Yes, it was older and not as clean as some places, but I found the people nice. I had an unfortunate accident and fell because I stumbled on a pot hole while crossing one of the busy streets downtown. The policeman was so nice and walked with us to a pharmacy so I could get things to clean my skinned knee.

It may not be the nicest port but I have nothing but good things to say about the people we met.

I agree, we went to Nassau, wasn't impressed, rather go to Jamaica, even though I am pretty done with the locals, Beautiful place, loved Shaw Park and Ruins at the Falls, and the plantation outside of Famouth. Tired of the "want some Green, How about some white, or this lady"?

I thought a while back I saw this as a ship excursion but it isn't there now. Did you do a private one? Maybe I actually saw it on trip adviser. Thank you.

You are most welcome!

It was a fun tour, with lots of history, a little easy walking exercise, some good food and treat samples, and

it pointed out some places that we did not even knew existed! Has great reviews, but what steered us to it

was Bub's excellent recommendation. He was not wrong! :)

Have actually never done Atlantis. Not our type of thing. ;)

I thought a while back I saw this as a ship excursion but it isn't there now. Did you do a private one? Maybe I actually saw it on trip adviser. Thank you.

Yes, I booked it online myself. They are not connected with the ship's excursions. Was very easy to book.

And of course no worries getting back to the ship, since it is a walking tour that leaves very near the ship, no

tour bus, taxi, or shuttle needed.

Enjoy! :)

BTW: I meant to say Bob recommended this tour to me...not "Bub"...sorry Bob...I do spelling mistakes also.

Or is that your new nickname. ;)

I found this and it looks like the one. I think that is all I am allowed to say. It had excellent reviews.

Nassau Food Tasting and Cultural Walking Tour

Yes, I booked it online myself. They are not connected with the ship's excursions. Was very easy to book.

And of course no worries getting back to the ship, since it is a walking tour that leaves very near the ship, no

tour bus, taxi, or shuttle needed.

Enjoy! :)

BTW: I meant to say Bob recommended this tour to me...not "Bub"...sorry Bob...I do spelling mistakes also.

Or is that your new nickname. ;)

That you island lady. You are a gem to help me!

You are most welcome!! Enjoy the tour!! :D

We are going to one of the restaurants they featured on the tour for lunch when in Nassau next month.

Had no idea that cute little local flavor restaurant was back there. The owner is a really sweet lady, and

a great chef! :)

The Allure will not be stopping in Nassau as we will do a Western itinerary...i may be in the minority, but, Nassau is my least favorite port.On our last two visits we stayed aboard the ship.

On our prior visits, we were constantly harrased to buy things, had someone demand money, and almost robbed on tbe number 10 bus.

Our driver knew what was going to happen to us, stopped and threw the guy off who was stalking us.

Why would you book a cruise if you don't like the itinerary?

Nassau isn't great if you stay at the port - just like most cruise ports.... If you actually get out and do something, Nassau is one of the best stops. Private islands, water park, food, beaches, swimming, snorkeling, diving, etc. etc. etc. I get there as often as I can.

Why would you book a cruise if you don't like the itinerary?

Because, for many of us, the ship is our true destination.

Nassau isn't great if you stay at the port - just like most cruise ports.... If you actually get out and do something, Nassau is one of the best stops. Private islands, water park, food, beaches, swimming, snorkeling, diving, etc. etc. etc. I get there as often as I can.

I agree, but do be very careful walking in the port area. We and some friends experienced having our pockets picked walking to the straw market. Greatest difficulty was getting back to the ship w/o identification.

Sorry to say that, a cruise line that is called Royal Caribbean has the worst itineraries in the Caribbean IMO.

For us Nassau and Falmouth are days at sea.

I don't care for Nassau either...we are on the Allure 10/1/17 and it only stops there from 7am to 1pm..not even sure why its going there. But I will hopefully enjoy less crowds on board for breakfast and a start at the pools :)

Whether one likes Nassau or not, being there only from 7am to 1pm really limits possibilities. Even before the propulsion issues, the Allure class ships usually are only there 7-2. We like Atlantis but I won't pay that much money for just a few hours with the rides not opening until 9 or 10 depending on the time of the year.

Our family likes to stay up late and sleep in on our cruises, so that really kills getting off the ship for us on those short days

Sent from my iPad using Forums