Watching football onboard

LaShelle2

Go to 506sports.com. It will have every national game listed for fox and cbs. Most carnival ships use a Miami feed. When you look at the broadcast listing there is 5 color zones red, blue, green, yellow and purple. Miami is in the red zone. Go to the website look up the week you will be on the ship and see what the national game on cbs and fox on both the early and late games are for the red zone. That should give you the answer you are looking for. But it gets more complicated with the NFL no opposing games policy which is complicated. I'm not even going to try to explain that. Best thing to tell you is to go to Wikipedia and look up NFL television black out policies and look up no opposing games on the page. With all this information a compass, a slide rule, an abacus, and a fortune teller you might be able to figure out what the NFL will allow to be broadcast and in what market. Good luck. [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I looked on the site...the game I want is on the blue feed. Is there a place to find the maps? I search 506 and couldn't find it. I'm hoping that since we are leaving out of NYC and going North towards Canada that we wont get Miami.

I looked on the site...the game I want is on the blue feed. Is there a place to find the maps? I search 506 and couldn't find it. I'm hoping that since we are leaving out of NYC and going North towards Canada that we wont get Miami.

They usually post them Wednesday or Thursday each week.

Sounds like they're going to move the Miami-Tampa game to week 11 due to the hurricane...that should open up the fox early game to something else. On CBS I'd bet they'll show Buffalo-NY Jets...since they are division rivals of Miami.

Sounds like they're going to move the Miami-Tampa game to week 11 due to the hurricane...that should open up the fox early game to something else. On CBS I'd bet they'll show Buffalo-NY Jets...since they are division rivals of Miami.

That's what I was thinking. The Jets game is at 4pm....we are leaving out of NYC so if that's NOT the game shown there may be a riot lol...the Giants game I think is the national NBC late game

Yeah we were trying to figure this out on our last cruise. The worker said (at least on the Vista) it had nothing to do with city the feed came out of. For instance...I thought i'd like lucky cause I'm an Eagles fan and we were playing the Giants (we left out of NYC) and when the game started we may have been off the coast of Maryland...we didn't get the game...however the next week the Eagles played the Packers and we got that game because it was the national game.

It's definitely not the city you leave out of. It's where carnival is based out of. When I leave out of New Orleans we get the Miami local stations so we would get the games that are being shown in Miami..not the games being shown in New Orleans.

It's definitely not the city you leave out of. It's where carnival is based out of. When I leave out of New Orleans we get the Miami local stations so we would get the games that are being shown in Miami..not the games being shown in New Orleans.

Yeah that's what ive been told but I 100% remember getting NYC tv before because we sailed during the Boston bombing tragedy and were getting local coverage on the way back so who knows

Yeah that's what ive been told but I 100% remember getting NYC tv before because we sailed during the Boston bombing tragedy and were getting local coverage on the way back so who knows

I can't speak for New York. But New Orleans and Galveston...its Miami.

Lol. I think she should just record it on the dvr. I personally don't care for sports and can't imagine spending 2 hours of a cruise watching a game. :confused:

She's OK in my book. It's more like 3 hours though sometimes a little over 3 hours.

DVR'ing the game is not a solution. At some point before she gets home she is going to find out the score somehow and who wants to watch a game you know the outcome of.

I'm cruising next month when my team plays on Monday night so I'm pretty well guaranteed the game will be shown.

Already have my jersey out and ready to pack it.

Bill

Yeah we were trying to figure this out on our last cruise. The worker said (at least on the Vista) it had nothing to do with city the feed came out of. For instance...I thought i'd like lucky cause I'm an Eagles fan and we were playing the Giants (we left out of NYC) and when the game started we may have been off the coast of Maryland...we didn't get the game...however the next week the Eagles played the Packers and we got that game because it was the national game.

Hello fellow Eagles fan. We were on the Allure of the Seas last year when the Eagles played the Packers and it was a night game.

RCI had the nerve to turn the game off before it was over for of all things...Karaoke!

Needless to say the room got very rowdy for a few minutes. lol

Bill

Then they didnt have 5-6 NFL games on at the same time. You can only get NFL Sunday ticket on DIRECTV.

Depends on where he was sailing. In the Southern Caribbean, it's too far away from the Miami feeds. The four major sports have deals with ESPN International and FOX properties. Six at once, doubtful, but I've seen three on at once

today on 506sports.com it states that the maps will be posted on Wednesday, September 6. so sometime today the map should go up for week 1. and the map will change weekly. so i guess the maps will come out every Wednesday during the week. and these maps should give you the blackout areas, and the no opposing game policy blackout zones. you might want to ask on the cruise critic forum and see if any recent cruisers that cruised on your ship out of NYC can remember what news feed they were seeing on their TV's during the week of their cruise. this will tell you what market you will be looking at on the map.

2 years ago we were cruising out of New Orleans, and watched Alabama destroy Georgia. It was beautiful. Lots of Bama fans on that cruise. The game was on the TV in our room, and every other TV on the Elation. RTR could be heard all over the place.

Some things we found out last year when we sailed during football season.

-The ship only gets one game. Its whatever the national game is. It doesn't have to do with whatever local channels you get (unless youre in port)

-Fox game is at 1pm, CBS is at 4pm and NBC is at 8:30....once the national game comes on Fox at 1pm....CBS switches to something like an infomercial until their coverage starts...then at 4pm it flips

-The staff has zero control on what game is on tv....it sucks. This I don't understand...I don't think it would be a big deal for Carnival to invest in the Sunday ticket since they already have Direct TV anyway but what do I know. Trust me...from talking to the bartenders they wish they had it...it would make their lives a whole lot easier. They have to deal with a lot of crap from upset fans...if they don't have the game you want its not their fault. Hope this helps

this is not true. this is where it gets complicated and has to do with the NFL no opposing game policy. you have to figure out what market tv feed your ship uses. you can ask someone on this forum who recently sailed on that ship to see if they know what market news was being shown during the week to find this out. once you have this you can figure out the local team in that market. once you find that out you have to check the schedule for the week you are sailing. the broadcast map should be out on Wednesday or Thursday before the game. then you have to figure out the variables in the opposing game policy. below are the 2 most common aspects of the policy. these are not the only aspects that can effect it there are many more, but these will give you an idea of the policy.

-If a local franchise's broadcast is being held at home in the early game of a doubleheader, the other network (which shows the single game) may only show a game during the late time slot;

-If a local franchise's broadcast is at home in the late game of a doubleheader, the other network (which shows the single game) may only show a game during the early time slot;

She's OK in my book. It's more like 3 hours though sometimes a little over 3 hours.

DVR'ing the game is not a solution. At some point before she gets home she is going to find out the score somehow and who wants to watch a game you know the outcome of.

I'm cruising next month when my team plays on Monday night so I'm pretty well guaranteed the game will be shown.

Already have my jersey out and ready to pack it.

Bill

Yeah you're good for MNF. I watched the opening week MNF double header in the skybox sports bar last year...I'll be even more into it this year with the saints on. I won't cruise on a Sunday during football season though.

if they know what market news was being shown during the week to find this out. once you have this you can figure out the local team in that market. once you find that out you have to check the schedule for the week you are sailing.

Miami....which has been said several times in this thread. It has.been that way forever and hasn't changed.

could a person buy the deluxe internet package for one day and stream the game to their phone or table?

We did that last week just in case they didn't have our games available on the ship, but the wi-fi was so bad I couldn't even do simple things on the internet and ended up turning my phone off for the rest of the trip. There's no way you can stream anything on that wi-fi. The only way to do that would be to use your carrier's internet, which will probably be quite expensive to stream an entire game. It will work though.

Is there a place to watch the game on Fantasy? Cruising with a Falcons fan who would rather cancel her cruise than miss the game.

Cabin television carried Miami Florida network stations (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) as well as ESPN. No guarantee that your favorite teams will be shown, but if it's carried on national network, it should be available