Watching football onboard

LaShelle2

I'm sure any bar on any ship will have some sort of game on, and you can ask the crew person there to change it to a Falcon game. The last cruise I was on had a game on the giant screen outside, I forgot which game, but it was a blast.

Thanks for the reply. This die hard Falcons fan would seriously rather stay home than miss the game.

FB will probably be on in the sports bar. It is not like a regular sports bar where they can show different games on request. As 1025 mentioned, there will probably only be one game on and they will not be able to switch to games on request. Also, the game depends on the signal they are getting. I have seen some games where half the game was frozen with a bad signal. Good luck with the game.

Usually there's a sports channel or two available in the room. I don't know if there's anyway to anticipate ahead of time which games will be available. If you are before final payment maybe cancel and re-book for outside of football season. Outside of that all you can realistically advise your friend is maybe. Can't someone dvr the game for her? It's easy to avoid news on the ship and not find out who won.

We went on one cruise where a fairly major national event occurred. Can't remember what it was now. We were only aware because the captain addressed it over the PA system. There aren't many tv channels available so it's easy to miss stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

most ships get a Miami feed, you might get a nationally televised game. If the Falcons are you cruising decision, stay home.

Lol. I think she should just record it on the dvr. I personally don't care for sports and can't imagine spending 2 hours of a cruise watching a game. :confused:

Carnival does not have a NFL package. The games are shown on Fox, CBS, and ESPN. Directv's NFL package is a fortune, even for bars. They are based on occupancy, not who's watching, just like pay per view events. A small restaurant or bar could easily pay $5000 year.

Carnival does not have a NFL package. The games are shown on Fox, CBS, and ESPN. Directv's NFL package is a fortune, even for bars. They are based on occupancy, not who's watching, just like pay per view events. A small restaurant or bar could easily pay $5000 year.

They were showing 5-6 NFL games at noon on Sunday last year on our September cruise. And you are right, I'm sure it was not Directv.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a place to watch the game on Fantasy? Cruising with a Falcons fan who would rather cancel her cruise than miss the game.

Best thing to do is tell your friend not to cruise on sundays during football season if it's that important to her. Saints games are that important to me and I'll only go on a 5 day that leaves on Monday during football season. Next year I'm looking at a 7 day but i'd be back the weekend before the nfl season starts.

Then they didnt have 5-6 NFL games on at the same time. You can only get NFL Sunday ticket on DIRECTV.

Doesn't have to be NFL Sunday ticket to have different channels with different games on different TVs. I don't have DirectTV and can watch different games on different TVs.

Doesn't have to be NFL Sunday ticket to have different channels with different games on different TVs. I don't have DirectTV and can watch different games on different TVs.

You can only get a maximum of two noon games without Sunday ticket. CBS and Fox.

Edited by Saint Greg

As Saint Greg explained, Carnival gets it feed from Miami so you will get the two games broadcast on their local CBS and FOX networks. The Dolphins and Bucs play at 1pm on FOX so you can pretty much guarantee the Falcons won't be on since they are also on FOX at 1pm. The local teams will be shown as the regional game for Miami area.

Edited by ray98

Go to 506sports.com. It will have every national game listed for fox and cbs. Most carnival ships use a Miami feed. When you look at the broadcast listing there is 5 color zones red, blue, green, yellow and purple. Miami is in the red zone. Go to the website look up the week you will be on the ship and see what the national game on cbs and fox on both the early and late games are for the red zone. That should give you the answer you are looking for. But it gets more complicated with the NFL no opposing games policy which is complicated. I'm not even going to try to explain that. Best thing to tell you is to go to Wikipedia and look up NFL television black out policies and look up no opposing games on the page. With all this information a compass, a slide rule, an abacus, and a fortune teller you might be able to figure out what the NFL will allow to be broadcast and in what market. Good luck. [emoji45]

Some things we found out last year when we sailed during football season.

-The ship only gets one game. Its whatever the national game is. It doesn't have to do with whatever local channels you get (unless youre in port)

-Fox game is at 1pm, CBS is at 4pm and NBC is at 8:30....once the national game comes on Fox at 1pm....CBS switches to something like an infomercial until their coverage starts...then at 4pm it flips

-The staff has zero control on what game is on tv....it sucks. This I don't understand...I don't think it would be a big deal for Carnival to invest in the Sunday ticket since they already have Direct TV anyway but what do I know. Trust me...from talking to the bartenders they wish they had it...it would make their lives a whole lot easier. They have to deal with a lot of crap from upset fans...if they don't have the game you want its not their fault. Hope this helps

Go to 506sports.com. It will have every national game listed for fox and cbs. Most carnival ships use a Miami feed. When you look at the broadcast listing there is 5 color zones red, blue, green, yellow and purple. Miami is in the red zone. Go to the website look up the week you will be on the ship and see what the national game on cbs and fox on both the early and late games are for the red zone. That should give you the answer you are looking for. But it gets more complicated with the NFL no opposing games policy which is complicated. I'm not even going to try to explain that. Best thing to tell you is to go to Wikipedia and look up NFL television black out policies and look up no opposing games on the page. With all this information a compass, a slide rule, an abacus, and a fortune teller you might be able to figure out what the NFL will allow to be broadcast and in what market. Good luck. [emoji45]

Yeah we were trying to figure this out on our last cruise. The worker said (at least on the Vista) it had nothing to do with city the feed came out of. For instance...I thought i'd like lucky cause I'm an Eagles fan and we were playing the Giants (we left out of NYC) and when the game started we may have been off the coast of Maryland...we didn't get the game...however the next week the Eagles played the Packers and we got that game because it was the national game.