left ipad in room next to bed

bnorris10

I left a toothbrush charger & an electric tap one trip. Never got either back & the phone rep said I would have to pay $20 per item if they found them & shipped them to me. I replaced them both & you can be sure I am more careful about double-checking everything now.

I'm more than willing to pay $20 to get my $600 iPad back LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I hope you get it back! We left our iPad in the nightstand drawer in a hotel a couple years ago. We remembered about an hour later, and went back to get it and it was gone. The only person to be in that room in that time period was the maid, and she denied taking it, although she obviously did. The hotel manager defended her, and despite having the police involved, she never fessed up and we never saw it again. It had a security code on it, but those can be hacked. I hope you have a better outcome!

Also if you have travel insurance you might be able to file a claim.

I left two entire outfits in those very deep drawers on the Carnival ship and insurance paid for the claim.

However the key to it is did you call lost and found the day you return from your cruise. I found that your insurance only covers from the day you left to the day you return Luckily Carnival had documented that I tried to call the lost and found department on a Sunday but they were not open. But since I did try on the day I return from my cruise insurance covered my stupidity!

Actually Carnival was the one that suggested that if I had a travel insurance that I might be covered and indeed I was. Just a thought.

A self sticking label with a cell phone # on electronics, binoculars etc. can be helpful for someone to try to get an item back to you when traveling. This won't help any to a thief, but for an honest person it might make it easier to locate the true owner. Just had this happen when I found a cell phone left at Sam's Club....Was able to call her family member who described the lady, gave me her name. I found her in the store....She was very happy to have her phone back.

I sure hope you get it back. I know i left mine in the exact same place on my 2015 cruise on the Carnival Pride. I'm sure the room steward found it and turned it in. She vacuum up an ear ring that was on the floor and heard it and went through the vacuum bag and left it with a nice note on the dresser. So i have every confidence she turned it in. They told me that all of the left over stuff from the my cruise would not be shipped until the next sailing was finished. Filed a claim right after i returned home with Carnival. Never saw my IPad again. I sure hope you have better luck than i did. I feel it's sitting in some big warehouse that Carnival has for all the lost items.

I left a toothbrush charger & an electric tap one trip. Never got either back & the phone rep said I would have to pay $20 per item if they found them & shipped them to me. I replaced them both & you can be sure I am more careful about double-checking everything now.

A friend of mine left her good watch in the safe a few cruises ago. Long story short she thought I had gotten it out. But I didn't . She called Carnival as soon as she realized it, we were still driving home from the port. 2 weeks later she got it in the mail via fed x, and they didn't charge her at all. There are still honest people out there.

A friend left a camera and filed a lost & found report. The corporate office responded that he will be notified if found. He just received back the camera in the mail 6 weeks after filing the report, without any advance info that it was found.

Hope you get back yours in less time.

just got a message

Barbara, your iPad has been found on the ship and after the ship reaches Port Canaveral they will send it to lost and found in Miami which will take a few days. It can take many days before you are contacted about it.

Please complete this form:https://www.chargerback.com/ReportLostItemCBEmbed.asp?CustomerID=15114

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

I hope you get it back. On the Ecstasy our adult son left his Ipod on the night stand in their cabin. The steward ran it down to GS and when he went to disembark the machine dinged and there was a message to go to GS. They gave him his Ipod and released the hold so he could disembark. I would imagine the extra cash tip left the night before did the trick.

While we did not have anything of monetary value left on ship, we did have one very, VERY important Pooh Bear left in the cabin. This was not noticed until we were at the airport. We called the Cruise line and they took all our information. The trip home was not ideal as Pooh is LIFE. Some snacks got us through until nap time and on the drive from the airport to home, we were called by the cruise line. Pooh was found!!! He would be turned over to the home office and would be sent home from there. We requested an overnight either FedEx or UPS, paid an upcharge (gladly paid) and he arrived safely.

All that for a Pooh Bear.

I hope you are reunited with your IPad. Our tale of Apple woe, is from a plane not a ship, and we were never reunited.

Just got home from cruise and realized I left my ipad next to the bed in the room what are my options to try and get it back?

My husband left hearing aides in side shelf-must have just trashed everything as we didn't hear anything after checking twice

I hope you get it back! I've learned on trick that works for me when I'm traveling with electronics. If I have to charge my phone or Kindle, I plug it into the wall, then place the item in my purse. That way in the morning as I'm running around, I'm NOT going to forget my purse and the charging item is tethered to it.

Good luck!

Excellent idea!

I hope you get it back! I've learned on trick that works for me when I'm traveling with electronics. If I have to charge my phone or Kindle, I plug it into the wall, then place the item in my purse. That way in the morning as I'm running around, I'm NOT going to forget my purse and the charging item is tethered to it. Good luck!

My "trick" is similar, I lay the item(s) on top of the shoes I'll be wearing - never left anything behind.

I would imagine the extra cash tip left the night before did the trick.

I'm not so sure the tip was the determining factor. On RC my son left his ipod on the table in the buffet at breakfast. We figured it was gone and talked about being more careful. He went to guest services, described where he left it and when. Low and behold one of the servers had turned it in to the manager, who also turned it in. When asked for the names, guest services couldn't tell us. I asked one of the buffet managers and she didn't know either, and refused any notion of a tip without knowing who to give it to. To this day I have no idea who turned it in. I know it's hard to believe, but there are still plenty of people who simply do the right thing. Rewards aside.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

All that for a Pooh Bear.

Anyone who had a favorite stuffed animal, or raised a child with one, knows Ipads can be replaced but Pooh Bear's are priceless beloved family members.

I'm 57 and my childhood companion sits on a shelf in my office, where I can make sure he's okay.

Very happy to hear Pooh made it home.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

There are electronic tags you can place on anything valuable. Then if you lose or forget where it is, you activate the alarm and follow the sounds to the source and retrieve your keys, phone, tablet, etc.

Here's one example: https://secure.thetrackr.com/products/online-pixel?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ADLpla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyfmlia2P2AIVVp7ACh15RAAjEAQYBCABEgJu0PD_BwE

There are others of course. When leaving your cabin, the last check might be to signal the trackers attached to your valuables to make sure all the "pings" are collected in your luggage bags and not left in the cabin.

• 3 weeks later...
My "trick" is similar, I lay the item(s) on top of the shoes I'll be wearing - never left anything behind.

That wouldn't work for my step-daughter....:')

Last year she rushed out of the hotel room with her flip flops on. Left her brand new Nike shoes in room. Only a couple days old. We got on ship and she realized she didn't have them. I knew exactly where they were, under barstool in kitchenette area.

I called but they said none have been turned in, maybe room wasn't cleaned yet. I told them exactly were they were left and to hold them please. We'd stop and pick them up at end of week after cruise.

I called as soon as we got back in port but still, no shoes turned in. Guess the cleaning lady got a new pair of shoes. :mad: