Revised Itineraries Due to Irma

Schoifmom

This was just posted on another platform by my PVP. Hope it helps someone out!

Latest update on Hurricane Irma for Carnival Cruises aboard Glory 09/02/17, Magic 09/03/17, Splendor 09/03/17, and Pride 09/03/17.

HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE

Sept. 5, 2017 – 11 a.m. ET

We are closely monitoring the path of Hurricane Irma and thus far have made itinerary changes as detailed below in order to ensure our ships maintain a safe distance from the storm. In addition we are making preparations for a potential landfall in South Florida. The safety of our guests and team members is our first priority. We will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will provide further updates as they become available.

CARNIVAL GLORY (SEVEN-DAY CRUISE FROM MIAMI)

Revised Itinerary Original Itinerary

Sept. 2 – Miami Sept. 2 – Miami

Sept. 3 – At Sea Sept. 3 – Half Moon Cay

Sept. 4 – Grand Cayman Sept. 4 – At Sea

Sept. 5 – Mahogany Bay (Roatan) Sept. 5 – St. Thomas

Sept. 6 – Belize Sept. 6 – San Juan

Sept. 7 – Cozumel Sept. 7- Grand Turk

Sept. 8 – At Sea Sept. 8 – At Sea

Sept. 9 – Miami Sept. 9 – Miami

CARNIVAL MAGIC (SIX-DAY CRUISE FROM PORT CANAVERAL)

Sept. 3 – Port Canaveral Sept. 3 – Port Canaveral

Sept. 4 – At Sea Sept. 4 – Nassau

Sept. 5 – Cozumel Sept. 5 – At Sea

Sept. 6 – Belize Sept. 6 – Amber Cove (Dominican Republic)

Sept. 7 – Costa Maya Sept. 7- Grand Turk

Sept. 9 – Port Canaveral Sept. 9 – Port Canaveral

CARNIVAL SPLENDOR (SIX-DAY CRUISE FROM PORT FORT LAUDERDALE )

Sept. 3 – Port Everglades Sept. 3 – Port Everglades

Sept. 4 – At Sea Sept. 4 – Nassau

Sept. 5 – Cozumel Sept. 5 – Half Moon Cay

Sept. 6 – Mahogany Bay (Roatan) Belize Sept. 6 – Grand Turk

Sept. 7 – Belize Sept. 7- Amber Cove (Dominican Republic)

Sept. 9 – Port Everglades Sept. 9 – Port Everglades

CARNIVAL PRIDE (SEVEN-DAY CRUISE FROM BALTIMORE)

Sept. 3 – Baltimore Sept. 3 – Baltimore

Sept. 4 – At Sea Sept. 4 – At Sea

Sept. 5 – Charleston Sept. 5 – At Sea

Sept. 6 – Freeport Sept. 6 – Grand Turk

Sept. 7 – Nassau Sept. 7- Half Moon Cay

Sept. 9 – At Sea Sept. 9 – At Sea

Sept. 10 - Baltimore Sept. 10 – Baltimore

Glad to see CCL is being pro-active. I am sure there are going to be some unhappy people over the itinerary changes, but safety first. I actually like Pride's new itinerary better than the old one!! I can just see some people on all the affected ships "storming" Guest Services for refunds cause they aren't going on the itinerary they had booked!

Glad to see CCL is being pro-active. I am sure there are going to be some unhappy people over the itinerary changes, but safety first. I actually like Pride's new itinerary better than the old one!! I can just see some people on all the affected ships "storming" Guest Services for refunds cause they aren't going on the itinerary they had booked!

I prefer the old itinerary better. I would be upset with going to Nassau and Freeport instead of Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Everyone has their preferences. I am just glad I am not on the Pride.

I prefer the old itinerary better. I would be upset with going to Nassau and Freeport instead of Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Everyone has their preferences. I am just glad I am not on the Pride.

OMG- I inverted the old/new itineraries. Definitely would rather do old itinerary!

I don't see anything about cancelling upcoming cruises. Way to go! NCL has already announced cancellations so people don't have to sweat what they know they can't do anyway.

CCL waited last minute with Harvey and people was making their way to Galveston in a storm.

So am I reading this correctly they think they will be able to get back to Miami on Saturday
I would read it as they aren't saying what they're going to do starting from Saturday.

CCL waited last minute with Harvey ...
Royal Caribbean waited longer. It's a wash. All the major mass market lines are pretty much the same in this regard. The differences are fractional and are as likely to go one way or the other.

My friend is on the Splendor right now and they were just told they would be docking in Cozumel on Friday and don't know when they will return to Florida. They were given the option to fly from Cozumel on Friday but I can't see that happening as flights are through the roof!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend is on the Splendor right now and they were just told they would be docking in Cozumel on Friday and don't know when they will return to Florida. They were given the option to fly from Cozumel on Friday but I can't see that happening as flights are through the roof!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

(y) Thanks for this update. Have been wondering what was going on with those on cruises who would not be able to get back to Florida as scheduled.

It is probably still possible to bring at least some of the current cruises into Port Canaveral a day early, and I am confident that many of those passengers, especially those who drove to the port, would prefer that to leaving their homes unprepared for the hurricane.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was on Carnival Magic Sept 3rd to the 9th. Never made it to the 9th as I had to fly out of New Orleans as Magic did not know when it was heading back as of Sept 01.

Does anyone who was on the ship have the communication letters they had at our doors.

I cannot find anything to say we went to New Orleans.

Although Magic stated they opened the lines,,it was not enough, they should have opened wifi.

Although I had a package for social media and trying to get ahold of my son in Alberta to see what was available, Magic was still trying to sell me an upgraded wifi package @ $150.00us.

I finally got a flight out to Toronto, However, Air Canada charged me $1,300 for it.

I need the communications paperwork to get this resolve with Air Canada.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Yes I have that itinerary change for the Carnival Magic (left Port Canaveral Sept 03 2017) but there was another re directing us to New Orleans after Belize, Sept 1, which we arrived the morning of Sept 2 2017 at about 6:am.

I don't see any mention on that change.

Blair