Harmony altered cruise details just received

Tony20

Four night instead of seven with a stop at Cozumel. If we choose to do it, we get 50% refundable onboard credit and 50% toward future cruise. If we cancel, we get 100% refund.

Departs Tuesday.

Question: what is "refundable" onboard credit?

Four night instead of seven with a stop at Cozumel. If we choose to do it, we get 50% refundable onboard credit and 50% toward future cruise. If we cancel, we get 100% refund.

Departs Tuesday.

Refundable OBC acts like normal OBC, but anything that's left over at the end of the cruise gets refunded to you.

Departs Tuesday.

Somebody else posted it is not 100% refund, it is a 100% credit for a future cruise, so if you paid 2600, you would get credit of 2600 on another cruise.

Somebody else posted it is not 100% refund, it is a 100% credit for a future cruise, so if you paid 2600, you would get credit of 2600 on another cruise.

This is my 16th cruise. There will be at least 16 more.

We're taking the 4-day "free" cruise offer with 50% refundable credit and 50% towards a cruise we already have booked.

That basically boils down to a "buy one get one free cruise." I'd take the cruise, not use any on board credit so that you get it back as a refund (there's half your cruise cost back to you) and then book a new cruise to make up for it, using the 50% off credit (the other half of your cruise cost back to you). If your new cruise is equal to or less than the cost of this current cruise, then you got this current cruise for free. 4 days is better than none, and it's free, basically.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't really see it as a free cruise. They are cutting the cruise a little less than half, basically. Plus, the ports have been reduced to one, rather than three, so less port fees to pay. It only seems right to give back the days and port fees you are no longer cruising/using, so 50% of what you paid seems right on paper. Then they are giving you 50% of what you paid on this cruise as credit toward the next cruise. This is a nice gesture compared to the 25% toward the next cruise after those cruises were cancelled.

If this was still a full 7-day cruise and they were giving back 50%, plus 50% toward another cruise, I see that as a free cruise. But we are only offered 4-days and only one port. With us on the Allure, we were offered Nassau, which may still be damaged in the hurricane, hopefully not.

We are coming in from California. Flying over to Florida for a 4-day cruise with only one port does not sound appealing to us. We also don't want our money to be tied up with one company, either.

I don't really see it as a free cruise. They are cutting the cruise a little less than half, basically. Plus, the ports have been reduced to one, rather than three, so less port fees to pay. It only seems right to give back the days and port fees you are no longer cruising/using, so 50% of what you paid seems right on paper. Then they are giving you 50% of what you paid on this cruise as credit toward the next cruise. This is a nice gesture compared to the 25% toward the next cruise after those cruises were cancelled.

If this was still a full 7-day cruise and they were giving back 50%, plus 50% toward another cruise, I see that as a free cruise. But we are only offered 4-days and only one port. With us on the Allure, we were offered Nassau, which may still be damaged in the hurricane, hopefully not.

We are coming in from California. Flying over to Florida for a 4-day cruise with only one port does not sound appealing to us. We also don't want our money to be tied up with one company, either.

I completely agree. We booked with the kids sail free and got a killer deal for our oasis 9.10 sailing ($1,398 for 3 people) Since they only give you the credit on the cruise fare, we would only get $325 back for 50% and $650 for 100%. Even if you add in the full refund of 1398 plus 650, we cannot book another 7night cruise on ANY ship, let alone oasis class, for that price now that they will not honor the kids sail free.

I am waiting for a supervisor to call me back tomorrow regarding my reservation because that doesn't seem fair to not give you the amount to rebook the trip. if you are saying it is 100% cruise credit, then I should be able to rebook my cruise at 100% of what I paid, not 150%.

Hi we are due to harmony on saturday, flying from manchester to miami on friday, at the moment our flights are still scheduled, but we fully expect to be cancelled, can anyone advise me, it is not possible to get a full refund to your credit card, also what happens to your drinks package purchased ?

Hi we are due to harmony on saturday, flying from manchester to miami on friday, at the moment our flights are still scheduled, but we fully expect to be cancelled, can anyone advise me, it is not possible to get a full refund to your credit card, also what happens to your drinks package purchased ?

You'll get the drinks package refunded to your credit card

Depends if you booked flights independently or as a package as to the% of refund. The cruise fare refund has been detailed above. You'll need to check what the flight element of refund is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I be flying from London tomorrow first thing, what are the chances RCL Will compensate me for the hotel stay before I cruise for the 4 day, I just spoke to an operator and she's no help what so ever, she claims no manager is around til 3 and half hours later. I'm stuck in limbo as I've chose to stay in Miami a few days before the cruise.

-Harmony of the Seas - September 9th sailing will now depart on Tuesday September 12th also. (New sailing is a 4 Nighter)

***Those of you on Harmony and Allure this weekend, If you choose to sail on the shortened itineraries, you will be given a refund of 50% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit. If you are unable to cruise and need to cancel, a 100% future cruise credit will be given.

I think you may have to look for insurance to cover the unexpected 4n hotel costs? Can you get a hotel at this short notice?

As the flights were booked separately then you need to hope that the flight is cancelled so that the airline refunds you; or again, look to insurance for a refund.

-Harmony of the Seas - September 9th sailing will now depart on Tuesday September 12th also. (New sailing is a 4 Nighter)

***Those of you on Harmony and Allure this weekend, If you choose to sail on the shortened itineraries, you will be given a refund of 50% of your cruise fare paid in the form of a refundable onboard credit, and an additional 50% future cruise credit. If you are unable to cruise and need to cancel, a 100% future cruise credit will be given.

I think you may have to look for insurance to cover the unexpected 4n hotel costs? Can you get a hotel at this short notice?

As the flights were booked separately then you need to hope that the flight is cancelled so that the airline refunds you; or again, look to insurance for a refund.

So the chances of them compensating for extra hotel stay or giving discount for it is rare?

Hi all,,, so im just double checking the "50% onboard credit" can be spent on booking a future cruise on board as we were planning on booking harmony for October while on the 8/9 sailing anyway. ???

This is our 9th cruise, buts it's a bit special as its our honeymoon cruise so thanks hurricane irma for the inconvenience especially as we are flying from Dublin but once all the islanders and people of Florida are safe and sound after the hurricane that's the main thing 🙏🙏

Hi all,,, so im just double checking the "50% onboard credit" can be spent on booking a future cruise on board as we were planning on booking harmony for October while on the 8/9 sailing anyway. ???

This is our 9th cruise, buts it's a bit special as its our honeymoon cruise so thanks hurricane irma for the inconvenience especially as we are flying from Dublin but once all the islanders and people of Florida are safe and sound after the hurricane that's the main thing 🙏🙏

Royal has not allowed on board credit to be used for booking a new cruise.

I be flying from London tomorrow first thing, what are the chances RCL Will compensate me for the hotel stay before I cruise for the 4 day, I just spoke to an operator and she's no help what so ever, she claims no manager is around til 3 and half hours later. I'm stuck in limbo as I've chose to stay in Miami a few days before the cruise.

Did you book the Hotel through RCI ?

If not, then no, I doubt they'll give you anything towards it. You'll need to claim on your travel insurance for that element.

Do not fly to Miami!! Have you seen the latest hurricane advisory? Miami is likely to be evacuating soon.

Do not fly to Miami!! Have you seen the latest hurricane advisory? Miami is likely to be evacuating soon.

Miami is likely to be evacuating soon.

we are due to fly to Fort Lauderdale but think we are going to fly to New York instead spend a few days there, then fly jfk to Fort Lauderdale Monday,, what do you think of the chances of harmonys Tuesdays departure changing?

Ok thank you, I just taught with the circumstances they would allow you too but thanks for the info.

That OBC would be refundable so just don't spend it and use the same credit card to put the deposit on the cruise that the OBC will be refunded to. The charges will cancel each other out.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

According to my understanding of the situation, these are the pertinent facts as of right now. A category 4 storm is projected to hit just east of Miami at 2am on Monday, the 11th, continue up the coast as a hurricane, possibly impacting Port Canaveral as a category 2-3 by Tuesday, and head for the Carolinas after that.

Royal Caribbean is planning embarkations for South Florida during the time frame of the 12th-13th.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone#contents

This is my 16th cruise. There will be at least 16 more.

We're taking the 4-day "free" cruise offer with 50% refundable credit and 50% towards a cruise we already have booked.

Now just avoid the temptation of that $400 couples massage that seemed to expensive, but now! Or worse, don't buy that $2300 Invicta watch until they come down to at least $400.