Need help

vent1020

So, we book our suites through Norwegian about a month ago. NCL is charging us $3299 pp. I just received an email through USAA who we bank through on "discount cruises" booked through them. I clicked on the links and such and through them they say the same category of suites it is $2799 pp.

So, my question is, once I have book through NCL can I change and go through my bank for the cheaper prices? Will NCL match the price? Can I cancel pretty easy?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Just make sure it includes the SAME stuff. Perks, taxes, fees, etc.

The two fares mentioned - could just be one is the base rate $2799 pp and the other is the rate with promos

perks taxes fees and perhaps gratuities added - all totaled to $3299 pp,

Get an itemized breakdown (in print - BIG PRINT) of what you are getting and charged for !

Note are you paying an agency fee to USAA ?

Are the cancellation terms the same or different ?

Are there any Beverage or Dining packages with gratuity charges included ?

Are the DSC (Daily Service Charges) included ?

Port taxes ?

Any application of OBC (On Board Charges) ?

A difference of $500 seems odd - are you booking the EXACT same type of cabin/suite ?

The two fares mentioned - could just be one is the base rate $2799 pp and the other is the rate with promos

perks taxes fees and perhaps gratuities added - all totaled to $3299 pp' date='

Get an itemized breakdown (in print - BIG PRINT) of what you are getting and charged for !

Note are you paying an agency fee to USAA ?

No

Are the cancellation terms the same or different ?

Same

Are there any Beverage or Dining packages with gratuity charges included ?

Yes, I am still getting all 4 perks, Dining, beverage, shore excursion credit and WiFi credit

Are the DSC (Daily Service Charges) included ?

Yes, they added those on

Port taxes ?

Yes, added these on also

Any application of OBC (On Board Charges) ?

Not sure about this.

A difference of $500 seems odd - are you booking the EXACT same type of cabin/suite ?

Yes, same category, SG, just moved from cabin 12512 to 12010

Went from $3913 pp down to $3047

Got it booked and saved almost $1800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of that, I got this in the email:

Also, I didn’t tell you….if you do this, you will also earn a 1 week Luxury Resort Certificate for 2 at any one of the six Mayan Resorts in Mexico. They are all 4 and 5 star rated, and value of over $3,000 depending on the time of year you travel!

Here is exactly how it will read on your receipt. If you get your deposit in before noon on Sunday, you will get the Resort Certificate, a gift from USAA!

RESORT CERT : USAA

Member to receive 7 night Luxury Resort Stay Certificate for 2. Member will receive email about your certificate in 6 weeks. Watch your calendar, if you do not receive an email by week 6, call Member Travel Privileges for USAA at 800 571 4208 and select the option for the Resorts Dept. They will be able to help you finalize your certificate loading. Certificate valid for one year. Certificates are Transferable.

Also, I didn’t tell you….if you do this, you will also earn a 1 week Luxury Resort Certificate for 2 at any one of the six Mayan Resorts in Mexico. They are all 4 and 5 star rated, and value of over $3,000 depending on the time of year you travel!

Here is exactly how it will read on your receipt. If you get your deposit in before noon on Sunday, you will get the Resort Certificate, a gift from USAA!

Member to receive 7 night Luxury Resort Stay Certificate for 2. Member will receive email about your certificate in 6 weeks. Watch your calendar, if you do not receive an email by week 6, call Member Travel Privileges for USAA at 800 571 4208 and select the option for the Resorts Dept. They will be able to help you finalize your certificate loading. Certificate valid for one year. Certificates are Transferable.

Not sure about what rate you may have gotten from USAA but they have a program where you have points and get discounts based on the points you apply to the room. Was that part of it?

Also, the free resort deal has been going on for years with only a change in the locations offered.

Good for you to pay attention and get a better price.

The hotel deal is probably including a bonus timeshare sales presentation.....

Thank you. I'm happy. I'm going to look into the whole "free Mexican vacation" thing. I'm sure it's a timeshare type thing, but the rep said it wasn't. I live by the motto "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is" but we'll see.

Good for you to pay attention and get a better price.

The hotel deal is probably including a bonus timeshare sales presentation.....

That would be my guess too but we've never taken any of the roughly 10 certificates we've gotten.

Great deal! We love USAA serving our military family for over 40 years.