Update from the Oasis

I always take a few days extra in my medications everytime I travel. I never have a problem refilling a prescription a bit earlier than the 30 day allowance, all I do is mention that I be away and need a refill so that I have enough medication for the trip...my pharmacy simply makes a call gets approval and I receive my next 30 day supply.

Credits are bunk. Royal should offer price protection.

Royal wants to make their money, and *nothing* you get is without cost. So, in order to always get "price protection" (or always refunds instead of credits, or any other remediation) how much extra would you be willing to pay on every cruise that you book? Maybe Royal should offer this mini-cruise investment protection as an add-on?

Another RCI ( the timeshare company) offers "trading power protection" that if you cancel, you get back the relative power of your timeshare trade in full - but you have to pay for that.

I always take a few days extra in my medications everytime I travel. I never have a problem refilling a prescription a bit earlier than the 30 day allowance, all I do is mention that I be away and need a refill so that I have enough medication for the trip...my pharmacy simply makes a call gets approval and I receive my next 30 day supply.

Not an option with some meds. One of the meds my daughter takes, I have to go and sign for the prescription in the doctors office every 30 days, they won't even give me the prescription early, never mind the insurance company allowing an early refill!

Currently on the ship in Cozumel and departing in a few minutes, was supposed to sail two days for Orlando on Tuesday but captain just announced that we're leaving tonight for Costa Maya. Plan is to stay there tomorrow's then two days sailing back to Orlando.

They've raised the price of internet and those who were told it would be extended at no charge learned today that's no longer the case. Half price laundry and drink packages though for those who drink.

The captain announced earlier that the medical staff would "assist with getting meds" but after waiting 1.5 hours to ask if they had metformin I learned there's a $147 charge for consultation then $ for the meds. I'll see if I can locate any on my own tomorrow but doubtful since its a Sunday.

While I appreciate the extra days I'm concerned about a lack of airport and really wish we could port somewhere in the states to get a decent priced flight instead of the $2,000 each from Mexico. :(

If you must pay the fee and file a claim with your insurance company when you get home. Going without diabetes meds is not a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rediculous point. What should they do? Only sail their multi-billion dollor fleet outside the US June - November each year ?

Thousands of people sail every week in most weeks of the year without issue

If only this stopped CC members from screaming "THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR SAILING DURING HURRICANE SEASON!!!", am I right?

Wait a bit and try again. That's what I did and it worked.

Right, the free WiFi is back. The VOOM package options and prices seemed to have been reshuffled during the day.

Biker, who used his D discount on the Surf package for the rest of the sailing ($19.49 for 3 days - free after applying D discount).

Everyone is quick to complain when itineraries change or ports are deleted, etc. during hurricane season, but they didn't have any problem accepting a much lower fare to sail during that time. Knowing things can happen during hurricane season, either don't purchase a cruise during that time if you are going to complain, or go prepared for changes. Most people don't know it but you are supposed to carry your meds with the original label when you travel, so why not just bring your container then you should have plenty of meds - that is what I do. All of the cruises are taking a tremendous hit to their bottom line with all of the cruises that have been canceled. Royal and some other ones are participating in humanitarian efforts following these hurricanes. Go Royal!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Currently on the ship in Cozumel and departing in a few minutes, was supposed to sail two days for Orlando on Tuesday but captain just announced that we're leaving tonight for Costa Maya. Plan is to stay there tomorrow's then two days sailing back to Orlando.

They've raised the price of internet and those who were told it would be extended at no charge learned today that's no longer the case. Half price laundry and drink packages though for those who drink.

The captain announced earlier that the medical staff would "assist with getting meds" but after waiting 1.5 hours to ask if they had metformin I learned there's a $147 charge for consultation then $ for the meds. I'll see if I can locate any on my own tomorrow but doubtful since its a Sunday.

While I appreciate the extra days I'm concerned about a lack of airport and really wish we could port somewhere in the states to get a decent priced flight instead of the $2,000 each from Mexico. :(

I have been impressed with some of the steps RCCL has taken with this cruise BUT......to not have internet with no charge is ridiculous!!!! In fact, internet should be FREE (in my opinion) or at least much cheaper than the current charges. There should be no need for a consultation charge (in this emergency situation) IF the passenger has the bottle that the medication was in. Guess with our medical situation the way it is today, a doctor can't do anything without a consult!

Get with it RCCL. This is an emergency situation.

If you were ambulanced to a hospital during a natural disaster do you expect free healthcare? $147 plus $10 in dire need is reasonable as the cruiseline has a duty of care to dispense legit medications approved by the FDA and Royal Caribbean.

What makes you think its ok to complain about a $200 medical bill when peolle are in Florida with no power for what could be weeks,hundred of thousands of dollar damages to home,bedridden elderly people who need oxygen and medical care.

To me being on a discounted cruise to stay safe is a godsend. Wow peope paid $$$ to take the second cruise had no supply of medication and not taking it could have adverse effects. Try submitting the bill to your insurance company.

The .medical office staff need to make yheir wages too. So you cpuld say my room attendant is on the clock why do I need to tip them on a cruise during a natural disaster?

Thoughts.

No offense but charging people $147 to see a doctor, who is already on staff, in order to obtain live saving medicine is a completely unnecessary profit-making move. I'd understand the normal fee for typical cruise-related illnesses or injuries, but it should be waved or a special set period of consultation should be arranged for those in need of medicine.

As for the poster trying to obtain some, Costa Maya is pretty baron. It's not like Cozumel.

Agreed!

Cliffs Notes from Captains Corner:

Labadee is fine.

300 left early.

Most of the Miami HQ is working from Enchantment.

Captain vouched for the welds on Rhapsody.

Any money made from recycling goes into crew welfare fund.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I should have detailed to say that the ship was built at the same yard in France where the Harmony with the supposed poor welds was built. It was a bit of an odd comment from the Captain.

The Captain may read Cruise Critic.

If you were ambulanced to a hospital during a natural disaster do you expect free healthcare? $147 plus $10 in dire need is reasonable as the cruiseline has a duty of care to dispense legit medications approved by the FDA and Royal Caribbean.

What makes you think its ok to complain about a $200 medical bill when peolle are in Florida with no power for what could be weeks,hundred of thousands of dollar damages to home,bedridden elderly people who need oxygen and medical care.

To me being on a discounted cruise to stay safe is a godsend. Wow peope paid $$$ to take the second cruise had no supply of medication and not taking it could have adverse effects. Try submitting the bill to your insurance company.

The .medical office staff need to make yheir wages too. So you cpuld say my room attendant is on the clock why do I need to tip them on a cruise during a natural disaster?

Thoughts.

what on earth are you talking about?

The Captain said his staff were happy to assist us get meds, I waited 1.5 hours in line to find out it would cost $147 plus meds and chose to try for getting them in Costa Maya (found it just fine for $20) or go without. I never said it was an emergency visit or I was ill or expecting free medical care. What is wrong withe people?