Key Card, Lanyard, Hole Puch

Cruise Arizona

I am considering bring a hole punch and lanyard for my key card for the first time for my upcoming Celebrity cruise and I am wondering if your key card will still work if it has a hole in it and if you can open the door with-out removing it from the lanyard. Obviously I will make sure to put the hole on the opposite side of the card and not through the magnetic strip.

Oops that header should say hole PUNCH. Can't edit the header. Please excuse my typo.

On our recent Eclipse cruise, the key cards already had holes punched in them when we got them. They weren't round, they were elongated. Either way, don't bother to pack a hole punch, they have them at the desk.

Just out of curiosity, why after all of your many years of cruising, do you want to wear a lanyard?

Maybe because we can? Maybe because it's convenient for some of us? Thank God we are all different! How boring life (and Cruise Critic) would be if we weren't! :)

Yep. Guest services will punch and they will work in the doors without removing it. I used a small plastic coiled bracelet with a key chain type attachment on it (Ace Hardware). It was less conspicuous than a neck lanyard, and kept me from losing it - well, I still lost it once but for me that's not too bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hint : Place your cabin number on lanyard.;p

I have always been told this was not a good idea. The cruise companies stopped doing this many years ago. If you were to loose your card and someone dishonest found it, they could enter your cabin. You many not even realize you lost it for hours. Just saying.

I love having my card on a lanyard! My lanyard is a ball chain type-nice and cool on my neck-with a detachable clasp that holds the card. Easy to detach to hand to a cashier, bartender, barista, etc.

I want one like that! Where did you get it?