Bring sodas onboard

tampadee

We are leaving tomorrow. Carnival sent an e-mail that said no non-alcoholic beverages allowed to be brought onboard.

Do they enforce this?

Unless the rules have recently changed, you are (or were) allowed a 12-pack of canned sodas per person. Could be a typo in the e-mail. Give Carnival's Guest Services a call for verification. The phone number is 1-800-764-7419

No bottles anymore, because I think there were people who were matching the color of liquor to the color of soda or water and putting the liquor in those bottles then resealing. So now it's just cans. Except for your bottle of wine/champagne of course!

Wow, I didn't even see "bottled". Thanks for pointing that out!

You're welcome, it can be easily overlooked and /or misunderstood. I agree with Karen as to the possible reason for the change. People have already posted on ways to refill wine bottles with liquor and reseal them. I can foresee the wine being stopped someday in the future. ;p

I just returned from a cruise on the valor. We put our wine bottles in our checked luggage and took our cartons of soda with us. They opened each carton and inspected each can. Might want to bring a bag or container to put them in since the carton will be opened.

I just returned from a cruise on the valor. We put our wine bottles in our checked luggage and took our cartons of soda with us. They opened each carton and inspected each can. Might want to bring a bag or container to put them in since the carton will be opened.

You put your wine in your CHECKED luggage?? That's usually a no-no. Allowable goes in carry on. You didn't get sent to the naughty room? Only time we had our sodas checked was in Baltimore.(twice) I swear, you would think they thought each can was a hand grenade. :evilsmile:They DID put tape back over the end of the carton when they put the cans back in tho.

be aware next time they may take away the wine if they are checked and dispose of them not giving them back at all. This is the rule and it can happen the next time.

they have no idea of you took 2 with your carry on and tried to take another 2 in your checked bags so they confiscate it and discard it

Just drink the ship water, it's cleaner than most bottled water anyway. More likely tastes funny because you're used to water with all the additives. You can pre-order cheap ship water via the gift shops to your room if you really want it.

If still paranoid can always get these

After seeing some water people have to drink while working in other countries, in perfectly ok with what comes out of the ship tap and never had any issues.

IMG_3522.JPG.38fd647701c4f9908cb58a990f247a21.JPG

Is this per person?

It is per person, but you may want to double check about the "box wine" as the rules specifically state "Bottle" wine. "Cans & Carton" are only listed for non-alcohol beverages.

I've never taken boxed wine and friends have only brought bottles in the past. I have had a friend that makes her own bottled wine in screw capped bottles and heat seals the cap and had had no problem

----

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Just drink the ship water, it's cleaner than most bottled water anyway. More likely tastes funny because you're used to water with all the additives. You can pre-order cheap ship water via the gift shops to your room if you really want it.

If still paranoid can always get these

After seeing some water people have to drink while working in other countries, in perfectly ok with what comes out of the ship tap and never had any issues.

Not necessarily! The water that came out of our tap on the ship was white like watered down milk and it stayed white even if you let it sit for awhile.

We drank the bottled water we got for being gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not necessarily! The water that came out of our tap on the ship was white like watered down milk and it stayed white even if you let it sit for awhile.

We drank the bottled water we got for being gold!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sadly, Even that milky water was probably still cleaner than some bottled water. 😂

It is per person, but you may want to double check about the "box wine" as the rules specifically state "Bottle" wine. "Cans & Carton" are only listed for non-alcohol beverages.

I've never taken boxed wine and friends have only brought bottles in the past. I have had a friend that makes her own bottled wine in screw capped bottles and heat seals the cap and had had no problem

----

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

Thank you! :wine-glass: