Disney

haawwks27

My question is not if a trip to disney is worth it when in port for the day as that s subjective and opinionated.

I am someone who knows NOTHING about Disney, do you drive right to the main entrance or the specific location?

More specifically, if going to Magic Kingdom via car, do we drive to magic kingdom and park there or drive to a main gate type thing and get a disney transportation to magic kingdom

You drive directly to the park you want and park there. Each has its own car park and you can buy tickets at the gate if necessary.

That is true for all the parks except for the Magic Kingdom. For the Magic Kingdom, you have to park at the Transportation and Ticket Center and from their either take a Monorail, Boat, or Bus to the Park. The other parks all have dedicated lots (although you can also take a Monorail to Epcot from the TTC).

They refer to the TTC lot as the "Magic Kingdom" lot, but it still requires using some form of transit to get to the actual front gate of the Park.

Depends how long you will be ported there. Also keep in mind that it is about 1hr drive from the port to Disney ea way, plus time to get to your rental car, return it before you have to be on board. Personally I think it would be too short because you are realistically going to spend about 3+hrs of your time in port in the car, getting to your rental and driving to Disney not to mention while you do park at the park you will still be a heck of a walk away from the gate 10-20mins ea way even if you can get the shuttles quickly(it is like airport parking). So even if you are ported for 12hrs which is a generous stop, max time at/in the park is around 7hrs. For me, that is not enough time, but then I have been several times and wouldn't want to spend 130+$ for 7hrs especially since some wait times can be an hr plus. If you are only ported 8hrs then 3-4hrs max and that is pushing it to get back on the ship in time and I would say totally not worth it. However if you do not think you will ever be able to goto Disney otherwise, then go. However if you can do it another time where you can spend all day, do that because the park is huge and there is a ton to see and do to the pooint where in a full day I was not able to do all the things I wanted to...

My question is not if a trip to disney is worth it when in port for the day as that s subjective and opinionated.

I am someone who knows NOTHING about Disney, do you drive right to the main entrance or the specific location?

More specifically, if going to Magic Kingdom via car, do we drive to magic kingdom and park there or drive to a main gate type thing and get a disney transportation to magic kingdom

If you are someone that knows "NOTHING about Disney"..

Opinions or facts from others would be of great value. I will not share my subjective opinion of doing Disney in a half day, but will share my opinion about how to learn about Disney. There are many boards and websites that will give you some great information on visiting DisneyWorld. Parking, different parks, tickets, wait times, rides, events, etc. etc.

Good luck to you.

That is true for all the parks except for the Magic Kingdom. For the Magic Kingdom, you have to park at the Transportation and Ticket Center and from their either take a Monorail, Boat, or Bus to the Park. The other parks all have dedicated lots (although you can also take a Monorail to Epcot from the TTC).

They refer to the TTC lot as the "Magic Kingdom" lot, but it still requires using some form of transit to get to the actual front gate of the Park.

If you follow road signs to Magic Kingdom then it takes you to the TTC. That's all that really matters for answering the OPs question. In practice it is the car park for Magic Kingdom.

Since you are a Disney newbie may I suggest that you hire a driver to meet you asap at the port a whisk you straight to the park you want to see

Then have the prearranged return as well ...spot confirmed with the driver...before you leave him after the first transfer

Basically a round trip transfer

Use a driver because they KNOW Disney and you don't

Let them have the driving headaches

You save time and energy and gain more time in the parks

I'm not addressing the $$$ issue because it is irrelevant in your case as you don't know the area

While posters will now say it's a straight run...and it is....regardless...there are other cars...the need to get the rental..etc etc....plus the short port time

If you want to enjoy your day to the fullest...get a driver...forget the cost

If you have any issues at all coming back...driver missing..etc...you can ALWAYS just take a taxi back to the port from any Disney park

Btw...you must be in a car on your way back to the port at least 2 hours before all aboard

You can't say...ok we will just finish our last ride at 7pm then get to our ride/car after that and just go to the port...but let's use the restrooms first...for a 9pm all aboard

Nope...in the car seat belts buckled minimum 2 hours prior to all aboard

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since you are a Disney newbie may I suggest that you hire a driver to meet you asap at the port a whisk you straight to the park you want to see

Then have the prearranged return as well ...spot confirmed with the driver...before you leave him after the first transfer

Basically a round trip transfer

Use a driver because they KNOW Disney and you don't

Let them have the driving headaches

You save time and energy and gain more time in the parks

I'm not addressing the $$$ issue because it is irrelevant in your case as you don't know the area

While posters will now say it's a straight run...and it is....regardless...there are other cars...the need to get the rental..etc etc....plus the short port time

If you want to enjoy your day to the fullest...get a driver...forget the cost

If you have any issues at all coming back...driver missing..etc...you can ALWAYS just take a taxi back to the port from any Disney park

Btw...you must be in a car on your way back to the port at least 2 hours before all aboard

You can't say...ok we will just finish our last ride at 7pm then get to our ride/car after that and just go to the port...but let's use the restrooms first...for a 9pm all aboard

Nope...in the car seat belts buckled minimum 2 hours prior to all aboard

any suggestions of where to find something like this

Tgirl25, I don't think you read the OP's question correctly. ;p

I did, but figured a newbie needed to know how long he would actually get at Disney, basically while it is subjective and I did say it was to short for me, he could think that it is enough for him. Shoot most people don't think that the port is that far away or that traffic can be really bad in the area during certain times.

I had forgotten about the tram/boat/bus thing but now remember doing the Monorail and the boat before now that I think about it and they do wait for them to fill before they leave. The boat though takes much longer

For the Magic Kingdom specifically, there is another option you might want to look into. Disney now has a "Minnievan" service that works like uber or lyft (it is part of lyft) that is mostly designed for people coming from the resorts to the parks. But, as others have noted, the Magic Kingdom is the one park where you have to have a two step process to get to the park, and it's not great if you're limited on time. The nice thing about the MInnievans is that they can take you right to the entrance of the park instead of the transportation hub. Whether this would save you time kind of depends on where you would otherwise park. There are a number of parking tricks that people use -- some have been shut down, others still work, and involve making reservations for dining, etc., or parking somewhere free and then taking an uber to a spot near the contemporary resort that is a short walk to the front gate of the park.

If you don't care about any of this and just want the easiest experience possible, just park at the TTC and take the monorail. Make sure you know about any parades or fireworks that might happen at the time you are there, so you have a realistic understanding of how long it will take you to leave by disney transportation and get back to the parking lot. If you're going to be using fastpasses -- and you really should -- these are reservations to ride particular rides that will save you lots of time in the parks but must be booked in advance. You'll want to very carefully coordinate your parking situation. Good luck and have fun!

Edit: I think it's understood from the other responses you have already received, but the other 3 parks are much more parking friendly. Just park and walk (or take a tram) to the front gate and you're in.

As some of the others have answered, all the parks have their own dedicated parking lots. However, with the Magic Kingdom, even though it has its own parking lot, you have to take either a ferry or monorail (your choice) to the actual entrance after you park your car (walk if close enough or they provide trams). All the others, you go directly from your car to the entry gate (again, walk if close enough or they provide trams).

If you want to hop around different parks, Disney has free buses you can take so you don't have to move your car (except Epcot which uses a monorail between it and the Magic Kingdom). There is a bus stop right in front of the Magic Kingdom entrance too, so you don't have to get back on a ferry or monorail again (except for any back and forth from Epcot).

We are annual passholders and go roughly once a month. Really enjoy it when we can schedule a Disney trip on the way to a cruise. We are on the Epic over the upcoming new year's holiday. Might go up early for some Disney therapy. :D

For the Magic Kingdom specifically, there is another option you might want to look into. Disney now has a "Minnievan" service that works like uber or lyft (it is part of lyft) that is mostly designed for people coming from the resorts to the parks. ....

The OP will not be in a resort, but needs transportation from the port to Disney. To use the Minnievan, they have to drive to the right places within Disney, get out and then take the Van. Seems to adding another step.

Since you are admittedly someone who knows NOTHING about Disney, I just want to wish you good luck. I hope you enjoy that ride you get to do.

I'm guessing they will get on It's a small world and carousel of progress ...2 of my favorites btw

And perhaps that awful lilo and stitch ride as it rarely has a line lol

At least the parks offer nice scenery

The OP will not be in a resort, but needs transportation from the port to Disney. To use the Minnievan, they have to drive to the right places within Disney, get out and then take the Van. Seems to adding another step.

Beyond the scope of this thread, but it's actually not that hard.