AIBP - All Inclusive Beverage Package

ajgp

Thanks for all the answers. It's not a joke to me and I am not deliberately looking to be dishonest. As it will be our first ever cruise experience I was seeking advice on how it works and how it is managed if you buy the package for one or both in the party. Now I am more understanding and will not be cheating anyone. Thanks.

The simple answer to your question is to take the other person's cruise card with you when you order the drinks. Yours will be on the AIBP with no charge and the other person's drink will be charged to their card. There really is no other way for the holder of the AIBP to order more than one drink at a time. The bartender simply won't sell you two drinks at once on the AIBP. The bartenders will quickly learn that you are purchasing for your spouse (or whatever) and won't question you for having the other person's card when ordering for them.

That's excellent to know. THANK YOU. Yes we are coming from Ireland. Your logic on the wine makes a lot of sense. I'll get the pallet ordered for loading😀🍷🍷🍷🍷

We brought six bottles on board on our last two cruises. BTW, there is another file you may find useful. It's two years old but probably hasn't changed much.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48668129&postcount=6

it compares prices on board with prices at total wine.

Thank you for telling me where to find it. Not sure why Princess would have the AIBP under "booking summary" and remove it from "onboard reservations".

I have often speculated that website managers periodically change the websites for no apparent reason other than job security.

The truly bizarre part of it is that the menu under "onboard reservations" doesn't list the AIBP but, when you click on it from "booking summary" it not only is there but if you look at the top of the page you are now on the "onboard reservations" tab! Really freaking weird.

The simple answer to your question is to take the other person's cruise card with you when you order the drinks. Yours will be on the AIBP with no charge and the other person's drink will be charged to their card. There really is no other way for the holder of the AIBP to order more than one drink at a time. The bartender simply won't sell you two drinks at once on the AIBP. The bartenders will quickly learn that you are purchasing for your spouse (or whatever) and won't question you for having the other person's card when ordering for them.

On our past couple of cruises both my wife and I had the AIBP and never had a problem going up to the pool bar and ordering drinks using both cards. As for ordering additional drinks with AIBP we would occasionally send a drink to the piano player in Crooners (paid the regular drink cost) but see how it could be abused by people falsely claiming at customer service they should not have been charged since they have the AIBP. But I'm sure that would never happen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is not necessary. Someone with the AIBP can order drinks for other people with no problem. Just tell the bartender that the drink is for someone else, and he will charge your account for it.

When the bartender rings your drink up, the system tells him you have the AIBP and it asks him whether or not to charge for it. He can charge for it with no problem.

There is no reason to take the other person's card without the AIBP. The only reason to take both cards is if you both have the AIBP - then the bartender can charge one drink to each and knows you are not trying to share the AIBP.

[Thanks a lot for your understanding and great advice. Much appreciated!! We're coming from Ireland! ☘️

One question on the bottles of wine...are these available only in restaurants at 40% discount or elsewhere on board to purchase? I see there is a wine list to order from for delivery to the cabin, would this also be with the 40% discount with the AIBP? Thanks again.😀

You can purchase a bottle of wine at 40% off from a bar or restaurant and then take it to your cabin. You cannot get the discount for "delivery to the cabin" (room service).

That is not necessary. Someone with the AIBP can order drinks for other people with no problem. Just tell the bartender that the drink is for someone else, and he will charge your account for it.

When the bartender rings your drink up, the system tells him you have the AIBP and it asks him whether or not to charge for it. He can charge for it with no problem.

There is no reason to take the other person's card without the AIBP. The only reason to take both cards is if you both have the AIBP - then the bartender can charge one drink to each and knows you are not trying to share the AIBP.

Unless of course you are not paying for the other person's drink... In that case you will definitely need their card or their person. ;)

Is there an outward designation (sticker) on your card to signify AIBP or is the information only visible to the server/bartender when they swipe the card?

There is no visible information on the card for the AIBP. It is available to the bartender when the card is swiped.

It was only available to residents of the United States,

Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico and Bermuda.

Or if you booked through a US TA.

We missed out in Australia as well :(

I could have cancelled and rebooked through a US TA but would have cost me A$900 cancellation fee and would have lost club suite.

They do on occasion offer the Sip and Sail offer (AIBP) in Australia, only last week i received an offer on selected sailings from Sydney for cruises on 22nd Dec & 11th Jan to South Pacific and 19th & 30th December around NZ, it was a Princess direct offer though, Travel Agents didn't seem to have it?

You should also be aware that the bartenders will be watching for this kind of behavior. It's a bit of tip off when one person orders two different types of drinks (rum and coke and then martini) only minutes apart.

This is interesting. When we had the drinks package on NCL (it was thrown in as part of the cruise deal) I rarely had 2 drinks the same. I took the opportunity to try a wide range of drinks and if I didn't like one I would go up and get something different.

Obviously, on a Princess cruise this would be seen as suspicious behavior.

This is interesting. When we had the drinks package on NCL (it was thrown in as part of the cruise deal) I rarely had 2 drinks the same. I took the opportunity to try a wide range of drinks and if I didn't like one I would go up and get something different.

Obviously, on a Princess cruise this would be seen as suspicious behavior.[/quote]

Not at all. Wait staff know whats going on.

I have tried different drinks like that and the waiter/bartender removed the first one.

Now if the drink you did not like kept disappearing than yes there could be an issue.

Obviously, on a Princess cruise this would be seen as suspicious behavior.

The bartenders aren't stupid and can tell the difference between one person trying different types of drinks and someone who orders a pina colada and then comes back to the bar just a few minutes later for bourbon straight up. The staff have been doing their jobs for quite while and can easily tell the difference between the two scenarios. Far too many people try to cheat the system. It's pathetic and makes things difficult for the honest people.

The bartenders aren't stupid and can tell the difference between one person trying different types of drinks and someone who orders a pina colada and then comes back to the bar just a few minutes later for bourbon straight up. The staff have been doing their jobs for quite while and can easily tell the difference between the two scenarios. Far too many people try to cheat the system. It's pathetic and makes things difficult for the honest people.

Sad but true.....:(:(:(

Bob

Here is the updated AIBP calculator with the new daily price increase announced by Princess this week. I also added the full bottles of wine at the bottom but these are not included in the beverage calculator itself.

Paul

Thanks for that, will be handy for many i expect:)

Anyone been on the Australia/NZ/South Pacific cruise that have Australian Dollar as the onboard currency and how much the AIBP is now for those cruises, assume the price increase is global?