HAL demographic - and why I love cruising with "old" people

RMLincoln

On balance, you are likely to meet unique people who have done unique things on Holland America than on a seven night to Cozumel on the Behemoth of the Seas.

Yes, yes, and yes. Even if you do meet someone you enjoy on Behemoth, it is not likelyyou coull ffind them afain.

Great post. We now meet the HAL demographic! How lucky we are.

Love hearing about all the experiences our fellow passengers share. I distinctly remember one extremely active senior couple who visited most destinations two and three times. Could have talked with them for hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love the thread! We have Been very blessed with the interesting people we have met on HAL. We took our son on his 30 th birthday and weren't sure what he would think. He loved our dinner companions. We had a very experienced Manhattan divorce lawyer and a lovely couple from Germany.

We still are in contact with others we have met on our longer European cruises. Sadly the most boring shipmates have been on a sister line where most the other cruisers were only concerned with ship status! We have also met several younger professionals onboard as well.

When I went on my first cruise overseas, I shared a four berth cabin with strangers, as was the norm then for long cruises from Australia to the UK. I was disappointed to discover that my fellow passengers were "old" women. I soon learnt how lucky I was, as I learnt so much about the joy of cruising (and life) from them.

HAHA! That has not, to date, happened to me but would surely be funny if it were to. :')

It has happened to my husband on numerous occasions ... Young and of Asian origin equals crew in some passengers and even port staff eyes. In Rotterdam he was herded into the crew checking in line :') ...we just laugh it off, especially when we sail with our Filipino friends and the whole situation gets even crazier.

It has happened to my husband on numerous occasions ... Young and of Asian origin equals crew in some passengers and even port staff eyes. In Rotterdam he was herded into the crew checking in line :') ...we just laugh it off, especially when we sail with our Filipino friends and the whole situation gets even crazier.

Ah, but can he fix his own drinks? ;)

:'):')