Google Chrome no access to boards?

island lady

Has been a week now since I am unable to access the boards on CC using Google Chrome. Can pull up the website, but not the boards. Have posted on the "Report Bugs & Glitches" forum...with many experiencing the same thing...but no answer from anyone from CC on this problem ....nor if anyone is working on it.:confused::o

Have also cleared my cookies and Cache...still not working (same thing others did).

Can access just fine using Explorer...which I am doing now.

What's up CC techies?? Anyone aware of this...anyone working on this problem?

I have had the same problem with this site on my chromebook. I am using my kindle for cruise critic at the moment.

I tried three times to clear all cookies and cache with no luck. Finally went into advanced features under security

tab and was able to select Cruise Critic web site individually...then cleared. That finally worked. CC must have a

lot of "stuff" loaded in when you use Google Chrome.

I tried three times to clear all cookies and cache with no luck. Finally went into advanced features under security

tab and was able to select Cruise Critic web site individually...then cleared. That finally worked. CC must have a

lot of "stuff" loaded in when you use Google Chrome.

On Chrome on a Windows machine, you can clear your cookies for a particular site fairly easily, although the method you posted does work as well. First, go to the website for which you want to clear the cookies.

1. In the address bar, directly to the left of the URL of the page, click on the 'i' that has a circle around it.
  2. Underneath 'Cookies' click the link that'll say 'XX in use.'
  3. In the popup box press remove until the white box in the middle is empty.
  4. Press close at the bottom of the popup box and reload your webpage.

On Chrome on a Windows machine, you can clear your cookies for a particular site fairly easily, although the method you posted does work as well. First, go to the website for which you want to clear the cookies.

1. In the address bar, directly to the left of the URL of the page, click on the 'i' that has a circle around it.
  2. Underneath 'Cookies' click the link that'll say 'XX in use.'
  3. In the popup box press remove until the white box in the middle is empty.
  4. Press close at the bottom of the popup box and reload your webpage.

Wow...that's really great advice Tina! Thanks!

I am still in the dinosaur age...never had computers in school, no training, all trial and error...mostly error! And pay phones, and "Princess phones" with cords, had to get up to switch channels on the TV, "standard" typewriters with correct tape...etc. ;p

Thank you for posting this - I haven't been able to access CC on my iPhone for several days now (been using my iPad and/or computer). Just went and cleared cookies and am now able to access! We have such great, helpful members.

I use Chrome (on a PC and my phone), IE, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. I have even used Silk. They all work. I have never cleared cookies and/or cache. I'm not sure why this advice is given out, it seems like a big stick to me. I'd love to know exactly what the problem is.

That being said, our help desk gives the same advice, and it's obviously easier for a user to do than removing specific files.

Beginning in October Chrome will start displaying site not secure messages to any site that doesn't use https:. The boards don't use https so its possible that more people will be seeing more warnings on 10-01.

" Beginning in October, Google’s Chrome browser will display the message “Not Secure” in the address bar when users interact with an unencrypted webpage."

There is an extension available "HTTPS Everywhere" in the chrome store.

Beginning in October Chrome will start displaying site not secure messages to any site that doesn't use https:. The boards don't use https so its possible that more people will be seeing more warnings on 10-01.

" Beginning in October, Google’s Chrome browser will display the message “Not Secure” in the address bar when users interact with an unencrypted webpage."

There is an extension available "HTTPS Everywhere" in the chrome store.

While I am a fan of HTTPS, this is not the problem people are seeing. The new warning is barely noticeable. The other browsers are going this way, so soon it's going to be common.

I use Chrome (on a PC and my phone), IE, Edge, Firefox, and Safari. I have even used Silk. They all work. I have never cleared cookies and/or cache. I'm not sure why this advice is given out, it seems like a big stick to me. I'd love to know exactly what the problem is.

That being said, our help desk gives the same advice, and it's obviously easier for a user to do than removing specific files.

Ahh...good for you...and lucky you! But that is not the case with many of us.

I have a newer PC running Windows 10 and using Google Chrome as my home browser. Have had problems getting into web pages several times on both Cruise Critic and RCI. Clearing cookies and Cache helps get those back. Without doing it, I can't get in. PIA..but that is what I have to do, as do others.

I'm not doubting that you (and others) have problems. What I am curious about is specific information. When you clear your cache and/or cookies that impacts every web site you use. That's potentially a lot of pain.

Since you seem to have the issue regularly, try clearing just the cache, and see what happens. Maybe we can figure out where the problem lies. You could also install a browser that you ONLY use for CC/Royal. Then when you do clear the cache, you won't impact anything else.

I'm not doubting that you (and others) have problems. What I am curious about is specific information. When you clear your cache and/or cookies that impacts every web site you use. That's potentially a lot of pain.

Since you seem to have the issue regularly, try clearing just the cache, and see what happens. Maybe we can figure out where the problem lies. You could also install a browser that you ONLY use for CC/Royal. Then when you do clear the cache, you won't impact anything else.

Yes, I DO clear the cookies and cache on a regular basis. And I DO also use EX most of the time for CC and RCI for that same reason when I start having too frequent the problem. And yes...I find it is more convenient to do that with a browser I use only for those web sites.