big mistake Princess!!

The cost of the coffee card on golden now is $36 aud and soda and more is $36.

I have asked and only the drink package has gone up..... $86.99aud.

Beautiful day in Port Vila!!!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Sorry, that was $7 for soda and more!!

Sorry, that was $7 for soda and more!!

What is Soda and more' Chez? All softies and coffees?

Be careful a few earthquakes happening around your way today.

The earth and the sea could move.

You are making P&O UK/Cunard more attractive by the minute. I want boiling water for my tea, like the British. Nescafe Cappuccino sachets would be a bonus.

Yep, all the gear in the cabin, kettle, mugs, spoons, milks, nice teas, ordinary coffee sachets, but bring your nescafe cappas. They have Brit bikkies too, not Yankee cookies.:halo:

If we are sailing from Southampton, we get the cappa sachets from ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys etc along the way or in town, save carting them from OZ, not that they weigh much.

What is Soda and more' Chez? All softies and coffees?

Be careful a few earthquakes happening around your way today.

The earth and the sea could move.

Softies, water, mocktails, milkshakes and juices as well, not coffee though. For that you need the coffee card. It was known as the UKP at one time.

There was quite a line at guest svc's on day one! those that purchased Premium package in this cruise have been credited the difference but limit remains 15 drinks per day! soda and coffee prices have not changed! at beautiful Champagne Bay today! overcast but warm 😁

There was quite a line at guest svc's on day one! those that purchased Premium package in this cruise have been credited the difference but limit remains 15 drinks per day! soda and coffee prices have not changed! at beautiful Champagne Bay today! overcast but warm 😁

Thanks for the update. Enjoy.

Heard about the drinks limit coming in when we were on Sun Princess last week, apparently people are drinking too much in one day and I agree but that is where responsible alcohol policy should come in, personally I hate seeing people off their face on cruises, it makes it uncomfortable for everybody else.

Cruising is not the place for alcohol fuelled fights - it is a family setting

I've experienced these on Carnival cruises but not on Princess cruises. In fact I've never seen anyone off their face on a Princess cruise but then a gain we go to bed early and rise early. Maybe it happens late at night.

I've experienced these on Carnival cruises but not on Princess cruises. In fact I've never seen anyone off their face on a Princess cruise but then a gain we go to bed early and rise early. Maybe it happens late at night.

Agree, Princess is for us reserved folk, who like the odd G&T and a glass of Malbec and are in our bunks by 10pm.:eek:

In about 20 Princess cruises have seen some happy pax, but no falling down drunk types.

The party animals can go with Carnival/P&O.

Either have I but I have seen plenty that were halfway to three sheets to the wind.;p

Copy of EMail sent by Princess Cruises to Moderator of Princess Cruises FB Site for Info only

"In regards to the price increase on the new ‘Premier Beverage Package’, during our review of our package offerings and pricing, it was discovered that the Australian price published on our website and in our materials, had not been pegged to the actual rate of exchange of the Australian currency. As such the price published had remained stagnant for several years, while the rate of exchange continued to climb. Instead of marginal increases of the price over several years as the AUD strengthened, we now have a correction that appears sharper than normal due to the proper application of the current exchange rate. The new AUD price reflects the same price as the US dollar based package, it has just been converted into Australian Dollars at the current (correct) exchange rate.

The AUD daily amount also already includes the daily service charge, whereas the US dollar amount is often published without that built in.

Lastly, it is important to note that even with the F/X correction, Princess is highly favorable in AUD pricing as compared to other Australian based lines, such as P&O Australia. P&O prices their package at $105.00 AUD, and caps their menu price at $15.00 AUD, Princess is priced at $86.99 AUD and caps the menu price at $16.00 AUD.

At this stage, we have not been officially informed about any changes to our Happy Hour and Buy one Get one for $1.00 program.

Cheers

Copy of EMail sent by Princess Cruises to Moderator of Princess Cruises FB Site for Info only

"In regards to the price increase on the new ‘Premier Beverage Package’, during our review of our package offerings and pricing, it was discovered that the Australian price published on our website and in our materials, had not been pegged to the actual rate of exchange of the Australian currency. As such the price published had remained stagnant for several years, while the rate of exchange continued to climb. Instead of marginal increases of the price over several years as the AUD strengthened, we now have a correction that appears sharper than normal due to the proper application of the current exchange rate. The new AUD price reflects the same price as the US dollar based package, it has just been converted into Australian Dollars at the current (correct) exchange rate.

The AUD daily amount also already includes the daily service charge, whereas the US dollar amount is often published without that built in.

Lastly, it is important to note that even with the F/X correction, Princess is highly favorable in AUD pricing as compared to other Australian based lines, such as P&O Australia. P&O prices their package at $105.00 AUD, and caps their menu price at $15.00 AUD, Princess is priced at $86.99 AUD and caps the menu price at $16.00 AUD.

At this stage, we have not been officially informed about any changes to our Happy Hour and Buy one Get one for $1.00 program.

Cheers

I guess it depends on what one is used to spending on alcohol per day, whilst on holidays, whether one would think this increased price is reasonable. How do passengers manage to get value for their investment in alcohol, when they are on port intensive cruises?

I guess it depends on what one is used to spending on alcohol per day, whilst on holidays, whether one would think this increased price is reasonable. How do passengers manage to get value for their investment in alcohol, when they are on port intensive cruises?
You would need to have at least 5 wines or cocktails to spend that much and get the perceived money's worth. This is relatively easy each evening, but your liver would need a break. Personally a couple of wines with dinner will do me fine, although when I have a drinks package (as a perk), I may have a night cap or two as well.

Cheers

Curious, why is the price of alcohol pegged to the US prices but the other commodities on board change with the Aus region pricing? eg watches etc? I notice the US prices on those are removed and replaced with the Aus versions when the ships transit to down under to reflect regional pricing structures.

Was disappointing to see a watch I was interested in go up in front of my eyes :( and no it certainly didn't go up by just the exchange rate conversion, god bless the down under tax :mad: