Why do people want to get on ship early?

KayKay18

I like the option to take a nap right after eating lunch, so I need access to my room asap.

We are night owls, usually have a difficult time sleeping in the best of travel circumstances. Sure, we arrive the day before departure. However, after a day of arriving ungodly early to a packed airport, transferring at least once, usually twice, waiting for luggage... you'd think I would crash the night before. I am usually too pumped up, excited and not ready to sit after a day on airliners. Plus, I cant always count on making it there the day before; we have had delays that bring us in on a red eye the following morning (most of these experiences I have blocked from memory).

So, planning on boarding early usually means a gluttonous lunch and then finally passing out like a toddler to get a good rest before muster and sailaway.

Staying in a hotel with checkout by 11AM has me at the ship early. I am Platinum so I am able to drop my things off in my cabin and start my vacation.

I travel with family and they get FTTF so they can board early for the same reasons I do.

Before being Platinum or having FTTF available, I still had to check out of the hotel early and I took my carry on with me onboard and wasn't concerned that the cabin wouldn't be available until 1. No big deal to me.

We waited to our assigned check in one time. Our assigned check in was 2:30 to 3:00 (not carnival by the way). We arrived at 2:15 and could not find parking. We went around the garage numerous times, it was very stressful. We will never go that late again even if it's our assigned time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I must be doing something wrong when it comes to accessing my cabin. Me and the DW are still relatively new to cruising. Our 4th cruise will be next May so we're averaging 1 every 2 years. On the 3 previous cruises we've boarded as early as possible and taken our carry on straight to the cabin and leave the items there. No, the cabin has never been ready but the staff has always been gracious and let us deposit our belongings. We drop it off and immediately leave so they can continue their job.

unless you have the benefit of early room access, (through status or purchase) then yes, you are doing something wrong.

Because my CHEERS Package has already started!!!

We usually drive or fly in the day before, the last few days before the cruise are stressful getting ready for vacation, finishing work, etc.... When I get to the port, and I board that ship...then vacation has really started!!

We don't do FTTF since we always seem to have two rooms, and I can't quite make myself pay for it for 2 cabins, but I don't usually have a lot on my when I board the ship, so I don't mind carrying it with me while we eat and people watch! Oh yea...and get started on my CHEERS Package!!

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but another reason to board early would be to select your cabana's location at Half Moon Cay. It is first-come, first-served at the Shore Excursions desk.

Another possible reason would be to sign up for the Behind the Fun tour, since it often sells out quickly.

I like getting onboard early because my vacation officially starts when the Sign and Sail card-reader "bongs" me aboard. :D

First timer question,

We have a check in time of 11 am and we also have FTTF? We scored the FTTF on a nearly sold out cruise (NYE) and then got the 11 am check in.

So, what time should we check in? 11 with everyone else without FTTF? It's so confusing.

First timer question,

We have a check in time of 11 am and we also have FTTF? We scored the FTTF on a nearly sold out cruise (NYE) and then got the 11 am check in.

So, what time should we check in? 11 with everyone else without FTTF? It's so confusing.

If 11AM is the first time slot from that port, then 11:00. If the first time slot is 10:30AM, then arrive then.

My checking in time is 12:30-1:00 and that seems fine to me. But I would like to know why anyone would want to check in early. If your room will not be ready until 1 or later. Why get on early.

To start that long waited vacation. Depending on which ship your on, it's easier to start touring the ship with less people. Not to mention as soon as you step on board, you are able to eat lunch and enjoy a cocktail. :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

My checking in time is 12:30-1:00 and that seems fine to me. But I would like to know why anyone would want to check in early. If your room will not be ready until 1 or later. Why get on early.

To start your holiday earlier and get the most out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We get on early and go right to the pool . We lay out and get some lunch. If you have Faster to the fun your room is ready so you can drop your stuff off first. We like to get the party started early!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums