Any news on Caribbean itinerary updates?

excitedofharpenden

A poster on the roll-call for the Quest December 16 San Juan to Miami Cruise has said that San Juan Port is now open again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And unfortunately many others have said that there is no way cruise ships will be going into San Juan during 2017 especially for embarkation/disembarkation.....

This is the issue, Azamara need to make a decision and soon.

And unfortunately many others have said that there is no way cruise ships will be going into San Juan during 2017 especially for embarkation/disembarkation.....

This is the issue, Azamara need to make a decision and soon.

Exactly! I'm hearing lots of conflicting stories, but rather than speculate it would be nice to hear a definitive. It is so devastating for these places and its people. I watched a news report from Anguilla and St Martin this morning and it really isn't good at all. I feel so sorry for them all.

Phil

RC Adventure of Seas sails from San Juan. They cancelled last week's cruise and the next cruise is due to depart on 30 September (4 days time). So far they have not cancelled it but their website is updating on a daily basis (at 2pm EDT) and they say they will announce a final decision on that cruise today.

We are due to arrive on RC Jewel of the Seas into PR on 19 November and turn around for a B2B. If I hear anything more I will message you Phil.

From the Windstar web site:

Windstar is scheduled to begin sailing from San Juan, Puerto Rico in late November. Reports indicate that the airport has re-opened for business and that the cruise terminal will re-open the week of Sept. 25. We plan to sail round trip from San Juan and conduct cruise embarkations and disembarkations as originally scheduled, beginning with our first visit on Nov. 25.

We are currently conducting a detailed port by port evaluation for mid-cruise port calls for Star Pride itineraries sailing round trip from San Juan. Port replacements are likely and will be made based on operational assessments to assure a quality Caribbean voyage experience for our guests. As port revisions are confirmed, guests and travel agents will be informed as soon as changes are possible.

RC Adventure of Seas sails from San Juan. They cancelled last week's cruise and the next cruise is due to depart on 30 September (4 days time). So far they have not cancelled it but their website is updating on a daily basis (at 2pm EDT) and they say they will announce a final decision on that cruise today.

We are due to arrive on RC Jewel of the Seas into PR on 19 November and turn around for a B2B. If I hear anything more I will message you Phil.

Thanks Ann.

Phil

There is a tour company owner in St. Lucia that I have become close to. I use his company every time I go to St. Lucia. I emailed him last night to see how he and his family did. He emailed me back saying they had very little damage and waiting for the tourist season to arrive.

On another note Key West is opening this weekend for tourists. As I tried to say once before we get a more in depth TV version of info than the few minutes of info you guys get since we are so close. South Florida is mobilizing lots and lots of aid of shipping things to go to the island and especially Puerto Rico. The one island I personally am worried about is Barbuda. No one is saying one peep about that island and it was destroyed. Point is I think Puerto Rico will be up and running before the end of the year. There 3.4 million inhabitants need help and hopefully they are receiving it along with the other islands. All of the islands need the revenue the cruise lines bring

Kathy

FYI, on Celebrity website shows revised itinerary for Summit sailing from San Juan on Oct 28th. Stop in St Thomas's has moved to St Croix, however still shows departing San Juan on Oct 28 and returning there on Nov. 4.

Also Nov 19th sailing on Silhouette has revised stop from San Juan to Punta Cana. Now they have updated it and is returning to San Juan.

There is a tour company owner in St. Lucia that I have become close to. I use his company every time I go to St. Lucia. I emailed him last night to see how he and his family did. He emailed me back saying they had very little damage and waiting for the tourist season to arrive.

On another note Key West is opening this weekend for tourists. As I tried to say once before we get a more in depth TV version of info than the few minutes of info you guys get since we are so close. South Florida is mobilizing lots and lots of aid of shipping things to go to the island and especially Puerto Rico. The one island I personally am worried about is Barbuda. No one is saying one peep about that island and it was destroyed. Point is I think Puerto Rico will be up and running before the end of the year. There 3.4 million inhabitants need help and hopefully they are receiving it along with the other islands. All of the islands need the revenue the cruise lines bring

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

I believe that the residents of Barbuda were totally evacuated to Antigua after Irma struck there weeks ago.

Denise

While doing my online check in and buying excursions tonight I stumbled upon a possible change to the itinerary of the November 4th Transatlantic on Quest. Planner calendar and excursion destinations indicate a 2 day visit to Hamilton, Bermuda. We were supposed to call at San Juan and St. Maarten. The tours for those ports are still showing though.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

According to our local news here in South Florida the airport is only 10% open. The USS Comfort the medical ship is on its way to Puerto Rico now and should be there Saturday. There are thousands and thousands of supplies/donations sitting in warehouses in Miami that they cannot get to Puerto Rico because of no flights. The problem is when they do find a way to get the aid there they cannot distribute it because of no gas and no trucks to deliver the supplies. American Airlines is starting tomorrow to send 4 flights a day. I love Trump but he needs to okay the Jones law. He hasn't and I don;t understand why. That law would allow other countries ships to enter the port with aid. He did it with Texas and Florida but not so far with Puerto Rico. Our governor of Florida is headed down there to see what he can do to help push supplies thru. I think also because they have been talking perhaps a mass exodus from Puerto Rico to South Florida which to me doesn;t make sense if there are no flights.

Pitbull a singer from South Florida sent his private jet over to bring 16 cancer patients here.

Praying they get the help they need quickly

Kathy

According to our local news here in South Florida the airport is only 10% open. The USS Comfort the medical ship is on its way to Puerto Rico now and should be there Saturday. There are thousands and thousands of supplies/donations sitting in warehouses in Miami that they cannot get to Puerto Rico because of no flights. The problem is when they do find a way to get the aid there they cannot distribute it because of no gas and no trucks to deliver the supplies. American Airlines is starting tomorrow to send 4 flights a day. I love Trump but he needs to okay the Jones law. He hasn't and I don;t understand why. That law would allow other countries ships to enter the port with aid. He did it with Texas and Florida but not so far with Puerto Rico. Our governor of Florida is headed down there to see what he can do to help push supplies thru. I think also because they have been talking perhaps a mass exodus from Puerto Rico to South Florida which to me doesn;t make sense if there are no flights.

Pitbull a singer from South Florida sent his private jet over to bring 16 cancer patients here.

Praying they get the help they need quickly

Kathy

I hadn't heard about Pitbull sending his private jet. That's nice :halo:

Royal Caribbean is sending a ship with aid and to help evacuate.

I hadn't heard about Pitbull sending his private jet. That's nice :halo:

Royal Caribbean is sending a ship with aid and to help evacuate.

Bonnie

That is what I have said before. When it comes to the islands our news is longer and more in depth. Pitbull sent the plane so they could come here to South Florida for their chemo treatments.

Kathy

Bonnie

That is what I have said before. When it comes to the islands our news is longer and more in depth. Pitbull sent the plane so they could come here to South Florida for their chemo treatments.

Kathy

It was on social media today.

While doing my online check in and buying excursions tonight I stumbled upon a possible change to the itinerary of the November 4th Transatlantic on Quest. Planner calendar and excursion destinations indicate a 2 day visit to Hamilton, Bermuda. We were supposed to call at San Juan and St. Maarten. The tours for those ports are still showing though.

Denise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good spot Denise. I had a look at the other December itinerary I was interested in and it’s still showing the same.

Phil

I know what areas have been hit. I just want the official Azamara word.

Phil

well, here in the states we are hearing things fairly fast. i really wonder how long it will take PR and St M's to start over. with no power, water or fuel just think NOLA after Katrina. That was months.

my Dec cruises are changing but i call it the mystery cruise and plan on enjoying it.

A question for Bonnie.

With today's State Department's warning to avoid going to Cuba, I'm wondering how close Azamara is with revisions to its Cuba itineraries. I'm looking at some of the November cruises.

Hi Tommui,

I've sent this question along but I don't expect to hear much before Monday.

Hi Tommui,

I've sent this question along but I don't expect to hear much before Monday.

Tonight the "sonic" issues causing problems for American staff at the Cuban Embassy caused a caution about US citizens traveling to Cuba. They are pulling out the bulk of the Embasy staff.

What is the cause of these sonic emissions?

I have no interest in going to Cuba if they or the Russians are the cause of the symptoms demonstrated by embassy staff members.