Escape From Miami - Kinda, Sorta "Live From" - October 7-14, 2017

POA1

Packing juice, courtesy of Tobacco Road.

Bulliet bourbon on the rocks, water back.

My image doesn't seem to load, so allow to describe the situation. There's a shorter glass next to a tall glass. The short glass contains a very decent portion of a brown liquid and some ice cubes that are quickly melting. The tall glass is water and ice.

Edited by POA1

If anyone knows the magic words to get a full size bourbon, please let me know. I know that Mr. Lincoln is not the password, nor are the Washington twins. 88547065542996049efac602b394970a.jpg

Hi. Love the Escape. My dh and I sailed in July for my 50th.

I can tell you what I do in order to get a larger glass, I always have to say, I want a big girl glass.

They usually understand LOL

Good luck and really enjoying your review!

I did drop off my thank you card for the restaurant manager. I will be able to scan them at HQ using the Institute's sheet fed scanner.

I just realized that we don't have all the bar menus. We probably can't do a pub crawl in order to get them tonight.

On the other hand, we're having pasta for dinner and that's highly absorbent.

On the third hand, we have to be up for disembarkation tomorrow morning.

On the fourth hand, it's not like we have a long flight. We're taking Uber XL to our house.

On the fifth hand, we do have to be up for breakfast.

Did you use a specialty dining credit or pay a la carte? Some say the $7 upcharge plus burning a SDP credit is worth it, but that’s a lot of tapas to break even, no?
We paid a la carte both times. We had a planned to use our 4SDP at Cagney's, Moderno, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. We wound up getting charged a UDP credit for Bayamo last night (+ $17.20 pp for the up charge and service charge. I'm not going to stand in line to straighten that out, since it's more or less a wash. We'll just do a la carte at La Cucina.

I did drop off my thank you card for the restaurant manager. I will be able to scan them at HQ using the Institute's sheet fed scanner.

I just realized that we don't have all the bar menus. We probably can't do a pub crawl in order to get them tonight.

On the other hand, we're having pasta for dinner and that's highly absorbent.

On the third hand, we have to be up for disembarkation tomorrow morning.

On the fourth hand, it's not like we have a long flight. We're taking Uber XL to our house.

On the fifth hand, we do have to be up for breakfast.

I saw this, and thought of you...

5381cdba59be99794257c92f18754d60.jpg

We have only cruised the midsize ships on ncl. The spirit twice and the dawn a lot. Did you find the escape feeling crowded in comparison to the midsize ships? I have hesitated to try the large ships for this reason. Would like to know your opinion. Was it hard to get into the shows, restaurants and activities?

When is y'all's next cruise? Going to miss your reports.
We don't have anything concrete planned. I will tell you that we're probably going to start or end at Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale though. This 45-60 minute commute to the ship is nuts. I don't know how a person can travel that far. ;)

As I'm sure you know, we have a hard stop at 2:00 AM. DW and I are back in the sleep chamber - because safety is our #1 priority.

When we left The Tobacco Road Bar a few minutes ago, my sainted brother-in-law was headed out in search of his wife (AlexandNessa.) She was last sighted at "Howl at the Moon," the dueling pianos bar. I saw this movie a few nights ago. It doesn't end well. DBIL and DSIL are driving to Orlando to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando after they disembark in the morning. I wish them the best of luck.

map-2017-10-14-miami.jpg

Our Miami round trip will finish up in a few hours. I can hear people in the hall packing up the suitcases. This marks the end of the cruise - but the start of the actual review. (Yep. I'm like a bad penny. You can't get rid of me *)

Once we're back at the Institute, we will have much more to post. There are all the menus and so on.

*Does your readership even know what a penny is? - Ed

Edited by POA1

Really enjoying your witty commentary, keep it coming!

map-2017-10-14-miami.jpg

Our Miami round trip will finish up in a few hours. I can hear people in the hall packing up the suitcases. This marks the end of the cruise - but the start of the actual review. (Yep. I'm like a bad penny. You can't get rid of me *)

Once we're back at the Institute, we will have much more to post. There are all the menus and so on.

*Does your readership even know what a penny is? - Ed