Need HELP Transferring Reservation FROM a TA

jelayne

For some things are as bad as they could be. Glad you got what you needed. Since 10/2 I have left 3 voice mail messages & sent a email. No response to any of them. So a $1260 error on their part and in 36 days I have talked to a person once who promised to call me back no later than the next day- that was 13 days ago

Looks like Celebrity/RCCL is going to pull my reservations from them. So thankful. Don't think I will stray from my NE TA again anytime soon.

I did have to use a different email than I was using before but got a nice response. I have not had to call so I can't tell you how quick they would be for a call.

Pat

Well I promised to update all that offered suggestions & support. Unfortunately, not much has happened.

On the 13 th I was copied on a series of emails between RCCL & X and at one point the Message from one department to another was was " please move the bookings from the agency". The response from whoever got the email was Royal doesn't handle that. Lots of departments copied so I was hopeful one of them would take action. To expedite I emailed the Celebrity department with the email trail attached and apologized for sending the request to the wrong place & asking if there was anythin further info they needed. Dead silence.

Today I called the Executive Office number some suggested. Talked to a very nice gentlemen who acknowledged the problems that have occurred with the TA and asked that I send him the emails between RCCL & X which I did. His email was slow he said so he took my number & said he would call when he got the info. I explained we leave tomorrow for the Reflection & final payment is due upon return.

Well we leave mid day tomorrow & no resolution. I tried calling the agency but again no return call. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow as we still have a erroneous $1260 charge and a agency that won't answer calls & X & RCCL who seem to be passing the issue from department to department.

Sorry for the long update but just very frustrated.

Jelayne, what a mess.

Is there no way X can not just take a credit card payment directly from you (not including the additional amount) now and simply note it on your account....Surely someone can do that....OK the paperwork would not all be resolved but surely then your booking would be confirmed.

I sincerely hope you have a great cruise....I can only suggest you keep in contact with all by email, continuing to remind them that the issue has not been resolved.

I think many of us will continue to follow this post both out of positive feelings for you and to learn for ourselves for the future incase we ended up in a similar situation.

Today I called the Executive Office number some suggested. Talked to a very nice gentlemen who acknowledged the problems that have occurred with the TA and asked that I send him the emails between RCCL & X which I did. His email was slow he said so he took my number & said he would call when he got the info. I explained we leave tomorrow for the Reflection & final payment is due upon return.

Well we leave mid day tomorrow & no resolution. I tried calling the agency but again no return call. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow as we still have a erroneous $1260 charge and a agency that won't answer calls & X & RCCL who seem to be passing the issue from department to department.

Sorry for the long update but just very frustrated.

Will you have Internet access on Reflection? If you won't and you need to check emails let me know and I can help out once we are on board.

Thanks, I didn't know about that way of getting to the reservation & the Go Best Perks do show so that's great:D.

Now I have to find out if I am going to being charged the erroneous extra $1260 more and how to make final payment if I can't reach the TA.

The beverage package will get a lot of use if we can get this resolved.

Jelayne,

Can you tell me where you see the bev pkg details on the reservation? I have logged in using the method described and could not find any reference.

I have the same TA as you and while final payment was made as per the arranged amount about a month and a half ago, our ports were impacted by the hurricanes recently and have not had any itinerary updates from the TA (nor X since the reservation belongs to the TA) - and were it not for CC, I would have no idea where we were headed after we leave FLL on 11/19.

Given the TA is virtually AWOL, I am worried about the fact that I cannot find the 'go best' referenced anywhere on-line as part of the reservation and was hoping to allay my fears on that count at least. (I have the TA's reservation paperwork from final payment which lists it - hoping that is enough for Celebrity to honor it in case there is a glitch.)

Thanks!

Marguerite

SaveSave

SaveSave

Will you have Internet access on Reflection? If you won't and you need to check emails let me know and I can help out once we are on board.

Thanks for the kind offer. I will have my Elite+ minutes so hopefully that will be sufficient. Looking forward to meeting you at Sail Away.

Joan

Jelayne,

Can you tell me where you see the bev pkg details on the reservation? I have logged in using the method described and could not find any reference.

I have the same TA as you and while final payment was made as per the arranged amount about a month and a half ago, our ports were impacted by the hurricanes recently and have not had any itinerary updates from the TA (nor X since the reservation belongs to the TA) - and were it not for CC, I would have no idea where we were headed after we leave FLL on 11/19.

Given the TA is virtually AWOL, I am worried about the fact that I cannot find the 'go best' referenced anywhere on-line as part of the reservation and was hoping to allay my fears on that count at least. (I have the TA's reservation paperwork from final payment which lists it - hoping that is enough for Celebrity to honor it in case there is a glitch.)

Thanks!

Marguerite

SaveSave

Go to the cruise planner for your reservation and look under Order History. The Bev pkg and Internet should show there. The OBC also shows, prepaid gratuties don't show.

If you don't see them log out of your account wait about a half hour then Go to the website but do not log-in. From the menu on the top left of the page select Cruise Planner then it will ask for your reservation number, ship, etc after which I believe you log in- then look under Order History. Sometime things that don't show when you go tgrough the normal route show when you go this way to your reservation. Good luck.

I have also been a customer of that TA for years, and have noticed how difficult it has been to contact them of late. Regular questions go unanswered and I struggled to get either phone or email response, except when I was offered a paid upgrade for a booking on another cruise line! They were very on the ball with that, but still haven't received an itinerary change notification from them.

I think all the regular staff that I had previously dealt with left the agency, so I have no idea who is working there now. I hope they get their act together soon though.

I hope the OP gets their problem resolved.

Go to the cruise planner for your reservation and look under Order History. The Bev pkg and Internet should show there. The OBC also shows, prepaid gratuties don't show.

If you don't see them log out of your account wait about a half hour then Go to the website but do not log-in. From the menu on the top left of the page select Cruise Planner then it will ask for your reservation number, ship, etc after which I believe you log in- then look under Order History. Sometime things that don't show when you go tgrough the normal route show when you go this way to your reservation. Good luck.

Thanks! I've done this and also tried to use the 'check in' option from the main page as well - both get me to a version of my reservation that I otherwise cannot see - but order history only shows the tour I booked in San Juan (which will no longer be applicable due to the itinerary changes that I heard about yesterday via my CC Roll Call). Nothing for bev package or OBC (but OBC amount shows as available when purchasing excursions and add-ons.

I am going to try to call Celebrity to confirm my 'Go Best' - just not sure if they will answer my question because I booked through a TA. :(

Well - 50 minutes on hold to get to a Celebrity agent, but was able to confirm that Go-Best is part of my reservation. Agent explained that some people are not able to see some parts of their reservation due to the browser they are using. Sounds odd - but so long as she confirmed my package details I am a happy camper. :cool:

Still waiting to hear back from TA from emails/calls I've made to them. It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to finally respond. (First email was sent about 3 weeks ago and I've sent 2 more since then (one per week) and called and left a message this morning. To be fair, handling issues for customers like Jelayne who have final payment issues are probably a higher priority - but as I am within 30 days of my sailing, I would hope they would be providing me with the itinerary updates soon...

Joan (Jelayne) - so glad everything got sorted out for you! Enjoy your time on the Reflection!

Thanks! I've done this and also tried to use the 'check in' option from the main page as well - both get me to a version of my reservation that I otherwise cannot see - but order history only shows the tour I booked in San Juan (which will no longer be applicable due to the itinerary changes that I heard about yesterday via my CC Roll Call). Nothing for bev package or OBC (but OBC amount shows as available when purchasing excursions and add-ons.

I am going to try to call Celebrity to confirm my 'Go Best' - just not sure if they will answer my question because I booked through a TA. :(

SaveSave

Well -

Joan (Jelayne) - so glad everything got sorted out for you! Enjoy your time on the Reflection!

SaveSave

It isn't sorted out. No word back from the gentlemen I spoke to yesterday. Seems the email address he gave me had problems so I got a different address to send the info to- hope that one works.

• 2 weeks later...
I am pretty sure I was using the same agency for the past 11 years. When I saw what in my mind was chaos in the agency after the owner passed suddenly and my fav TA there let go I got proactive in having my bookings removed.

I contacted agencychanges@rccl.com and was able to transfer. I am quite certain this agency looks after both bookings for RCI and Celebrity. Actually emailing this address was a quite a simply process and my request without going through the agency was honored. I simply said the two agents I used were not longer with the agency.

I had 6 bookings with this agency and I was able to transfer them to another travel agent with a different company even though the 60 days window had passed.

Good Luck

Emmy, I think you were connected to the same agency we used. I pulled 2 cruises from them and you are correct, that site is both RCI and Celebrity. It took me days to get a straight answer from Celebrity but in the end I succeeded in gaining control of both cruises. We have one in April of next year but it was put on a "group" plan so we had to stick with the original TA but that is the last and final one. The person let go there is still great and doing well. Sad since this company was wonderful when the owner was with us. Celebrity is well aware of what is going on and after talking to quite a few reps. there they will work with you so anyone who has had issues contact them. No matter I hope any one having issues are corrected and taken care of.

Emmy, I think you were connected to the same agency we used. I pulled 2 cruises from them and you are correct, that site is both RCI and Celebrity. It took me days to get a straight answer from Celebrity but in the end I succeeded in gaining control of both cruises. We have one in April of next year but it was put on a "group" plan so we had to stick with the original TA but that is the last and final one. The person let go there is still great and doing well. Sad since this company was wonderful when the owner was with us. Celebrity is well aware of what is going on and after talking to quite a few reps. there they will work with you so anyone who has had issues contact them. No matter I hope any one having issues are corrected and taken care of.

I am in contact with the agent I used there who is with another company now. Just have not had an opportunity to send a booking her way YET LOL What I did with my Celebrity booking is canceled it with the agency I used for years. I then found another agent who had group pricing for the same ship EDGE so used him. Happy Cruising to you :)

Since I am the OP and said I would update how we did. After about 2 weeks of trying and the ball being dropped we received a email from Celebrity that our 2 bookings have been moved from the TA.

Since we are currently in the Atlantic on the Reflection I have not phoned X yet. But today I received a automated email from the TA reminding me that final payment is due and as I suspected the invoice includes a the erroneous $1260 charge. Now I will have to try get Celebrity to corrected the price to what I booked.

I have also pulled my 3 cruise booking from the "sky" as I have not been able to reach them by phone for the past 2 weeks -- celebrity is aware of the problem but I do not want to deal with it anymore -- its a shame to pull down such a good travel agency but future cruises I will be looking elsewhere

I have also pulled my 3 cruise booking from the "sky" as I have not been able to reach them by phone for the past 2 weeks -- celebrity is aware of the problem but I do not want to deal with it anymore -- its a shame to pull down such a good travel agency but future cruises I will be looking elsewhere

Glad you got yours moved. Just a FYI, make sure that you call Celebrity and have the email info & phone # on your reservations changed to your info and not the phone/email of that TA. I was not the phone with X today making final payment for 1 or our 2 bookings and the rep went to confirm the email I wanted the paid confirmation send to and he noticed the contact info was that of TA.

Celebrity removed the erroneous $1260 charge that the TA added but the reservation had been repriced by the TA. Not sure when that happen I found out when I got a new invoice from the TA just about the time the reservation was being taken from them.. It appears that they changed our fare from a group rate to the prevailing rate - so we are paying more that we originally booked but at this point we are glad we have this behind us and can move forward to a wonderful cruise.

That is terrible not to respond to people in 2 weeks. It was hard for me to remove my 6 bookings from them in May but it is not the same 'sky' :(

Just boarded Equinox yesterday. They have no record of the promised OBC from Sky........ We brought our invoice with us in case of potential problems. A nice guest relations staff person promised to check with head office and let us know today or tomorrow. Wonder what Celebrity will do. Will let you know.

Just boarded Equinox yesterday. They have no record of the promised OBC from Sky........ We brought our invoice with us in case of potential problems. A nice guest relations staff person promised to check with head office and let us know today or tomorrow. Wonder what Celebrity will do. Will let you know.

Judi, I hope the TA comes thru with the OBC but based on our recent experience I'm not optimistic. I doubt X will do anything as the OBC comes from the TA forfeiting a part of their commission. That TA added $1260 for the Go Best which was a Suite perk & included in our original fare and then to add to that just before the final payment date they changed our pricing by $400pp.

Let us know the outcome-I really want to hear some good about this TA.

Judi, I hope the TA comes thru with the OBC but based on our recent experience I'm not optimistic. I doubt X will do anything as the OBC comes from the TA forfeiting a part of their commission. That TA added $1260 for the Go Best which was a Suite perk & included in our original fare and then to add to that just before the final payment date they changed our pricing by $400pp.

Let us know the outcome-I really want to hear some good about this TA.

I did not take OBC from this agent, she gave me a price reduction on my cruise. I switched from one cruise to another and the price reduction stayed the same. I got $700 off my cruise and still have all my perks from Celebrity. Our upcoming cruise is on Dec. 10 on Eclipse. I have 3 more booked with this agency and the next one has a final payment in December with a price reduction in lieu of OBC , certainly hope it stays the same.

Pat

Update on day 4 of cruise. Customer relations on board has turned this over to shore people at Celebrity who have NOT been able to contact Sky....... either. They will keep trying but we've pretty much given up on this.

We've used this agency since early 2000's and had a good relationship. All downhill since Lori died. Our backup there, Non P, is also gone. We'll never call them again. A shame. How not to run a business.