Unauthorised use of credit card by Princess

kbeanz

We had a few unpaid excursions in our "cart" on the Princess website. We were undecided what we wanted to do and just left them in there.

Noticed yesterday that Princess went ahead and processed one of the excursions with the credit card on file. They had no authorisation and business doing this and it's caused quite an upset.

Anyone else experienced something like this? What's the recourse here?

Did you inform Princess to cancel prior to the excursion starting? If not how was Princess to know you did not attend the excursion? Good Luck on your efforts.

The excursion isn't for another 45 days. Cruise hasn't even happened.

You should be able to cancel the excursion, and get a refund, right?

We are hoping so - lives are a little busy and we will be calling today. Just totally shocked that this could happen and makes me a little weary giving out credit card details moving forward.

We are hoping so - lives are a little busy and we will be calling today. Just totally shocked that this could happen and makes me a little weary giving out credit card details moving forward.

If you're so busy, why waste time here on CC when you should be calling Princess. They are the only ones that can reverse the charge. :confused:

If you booked online...we would suspect it was more of a software error (cruise line web sites all have their issues). But its simple enough to correct. As others have said, simply call Princess. If you do not get immediate satisfaction from Princess contact your credit card company and put that item in "dispute" which will get you the money (credited back immediately) while the issue is under review.

Hank

Now that I think about it. You added the excursions to your cart which means you want to book them. A while back, I heard they were charging people when they put them in their cart but someone said they had so many complaints that they discontinued the charge. I can see charging people a week before the cruise but I bet they have cancelations right up to the last minute with people finding a better deal. But Why did you add them to your cart if you weren't sure you wanted to go or did you want to do it before they sold out.

We like to eat at the specialty restaurants and on several cruises were told that they were completely booked up. One night the head waiter told us to check back at 7pm if we were still interested. We did and only half the tables were full. He said they were all "no shows". People are getting terrible about this. Why can't they call and say the changed their minds. I told him they should start charging for no shows. OMG - can you imagine how many people would complain about that!!!!! Damn Princess - they are so money hungry - I can just hear the comments.

We just booked a lobster boil for next week with some friend and we're required to pay upfront. They fly the lobsters in the morning of the dinner and I completely under and have no issue paying ahead. I bet that is a new policy because they probably had no shows in the past.

You added the excursions to your cart which means you want to book them. But Why did you add them to your cart if you weren't sure you wanted to go or did you want to do it before they sold out.
we put stuff in Amazon and Walmart.com carts all the time while we are making up our minds, but they don't charge us for the items until we actually click "place order" button. Duh...

In a regular store you walk around with a cart and put stuff in it. You don't PAY for each item as soon as you put it in the cart, do you? You can still change your mind before you leave the store.

Just because somebody puts something in a cart does NOT mean that they will go through with the booking.

We just booked a lobster boil for next week with some friend and we're required to pay upfront. They fly the lobsters in the morning of the dinner and I completely under and have no issue paying ahead. I bet that is a new policy because they probably had no shows in the past

bad analogy. I am sure OP paid for this cruise in advance, but he made NO booking for the excursions - he just merely put them in a cart. Not the same as making an actual reservation. Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Their cart and Amazon's cart are two different things. Read their policy before booking. Putting it in the cart for the tour means you want to book it.

I still think the Op should have called Princess first and if they would not cancel the tour, then come here and complain.

OP, look under the excursion FAQ's for their cancellation policy. You should have no problem getting a refund.

Their cart and Amazon's cart are two different things. Read their policy before booking. Putting it in the cart for the tour means you want to book it.

I still think the Op should have called Princess first and if they would not cancel the tour, then come here and complain.

OP, look under the excursion FAQ's for their cancellation policy. You should have no problem getting a refund.

I put an excursion in the cart and didn't click "reserve" or whatever it says. Two days later I got an email reminding me that they were in the cart and would expire if I didn't click the accept button. I didn't click, they expired, no issue.

OP probably had some kind of computer glitch or pushed the accept button without realizing it.