Diamond drink ideas for a lightweight

I’m glad you asked those questions. My DH & I aren’t big drinkers either. We also are not soda drinkers. The appropriate responses are helpful. It’s good to know there are drinks available to try, other than wine.

Thank you! Would you believe we will be on the same cruise? We are on the Freedom on November 11. So, see you in the Diamond Lounge! I'll be the one looking like I don't know what I'm doing...

We are getting ready for our first cruise as Diamond members. I have done my research and have the list of our three free drinks. I am not a big drinker, beyond a margarita or a mojito, so I'm hoping someone can suggest some ideas of drinks I can order from the Diamond menu. I'm assuming we can get more than just shots of the liquor listed on the menu, right? And, will our 11 year old daughter be able to get a kiddie cocktail of some sort? Do kids get the three drinks as well? Thanks, everyone!:)

no children do not get vouchers. but they can utilize the lounge. they will happily do a Shirley temple or rob roy, plus soda and juice.

my go to is a Poinsettia. mimosa made with cranberry juice. they can make it as strong or as weak as you wish. my preferred ratio is 2:1 juice to sparkling wine.

simple mixed drinks.. JD and coke is DHs unless we sail out of Galveston in which case its Jim beam the first night. I have seen things like cosmos too.

Do they have plain cranberry juice or non-alcoholic fruit punch for those of us who do not drink alcohol? Also, specifically for the Anthem is the DL open while in port or in a tender port?

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

any of the usual mixers are available. definitely cranberry and OJ. the DL is accessible 24/7 cocktail hour is between 430/500 and 8/830 depending on when the MDR seatings are. outside of those hours, what is available varies by ship.

For those who like alcohol:

Campari is a very under utilized liquor on the list that is one of my favorites.

Manhattan drinkers try a Boulevardier

Gin drinkers try a Nigroni or Paper Airplane

Or a Campari and Soda or Sprite.

For those who prefer virgin:

Cranberry, lime and splash of Club, Soda water or Sprite

Any juice w a splash of Sprite/Club Soda

Cranberry, Orange Juice and Sprite/Club

Pineapple Juice and Soda Water or Club and Grenadine

Being very much a light weight myself I ask the waiter to go easy on the alcohol. I like lemon drops with sparkling water for a carbonated affect and rum punch. I also like margarita's on the rocks. ask your waiter to surprise you. They will outdo themselves trying to give you something new you will like. We had a friend on a recent cruise that had a waiter bringing her some new concoction every night. Some were good, some not so much.

I've never had a Lemon Drop, but had a Blueberry Lemon Drop at a local restaurant recently. Absolut Citron, blueberry puree, fresh sour mix and a sugared rim. Really light and tasty.

Not sure they'd have the puree on the ship, but maybe something similar. I usually order a margarita on the rocks as my go to drink. I think next month, I'll try the lemon drop or something similar to that while in the lounge.

Anyone going on the Christmas sailing on Anthem? I've talked with the M&M group, but wondered if anyone else is heading out.

It's like telling them to try Beverly at Disney World ;)

Oh my! I was wondering what Campari was, but if it's comparable to the Beverly, no thank you!!!!!

The Beverly is my favorite prank to play on unsuspecting Disney newbies. Hmmmm, maybe that was the posters intention... Shame on you Foodluvr!:p

Thanks everyone, for the great answers. We cruise the day after tomorrow, so I will be thinking of you all with my new drinks in hand.

Oh my! I was wondering what Campari was, but if it's comparable to the Beverly, no thank you!!!!!

The Beverly is my favorite prank to play on unsuspecting Disney newbies. Hmmmm, maybe that was the posters intention... Shame on you Foodluvr!:p

Thanks everyone, for the great answers. We cruise the day after tomorrow, so I will be thinking of you all with my new drinks in hand.

Actually, Campari is a great ingredient--it's just a shock if you're not accustomed to it. It belongs to a popular class of bitter, Italian herbal liqueurs known as amari. Campari is on the lighter end of the spectrum, sweeter and less bitter than others. The Beverly is a fun (and apt) comparison, but Campari turns up in lots of cocktails (classic and contemporary).

Campari is nasty, but I tried it in the lounge. That's what's good about the lounges, if you don't like it, order something else. Your only out a buck

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My grandfather and older aunts and uncles drank it straight, but I don't know anyone who does that anymore. Mostly I see it used in Amricanos and Negronis. Kudos if you drank it straight up,

My grandfather and older aunts and uncles drank it straight, but I don't know anyone who does that anymore. Mostly I see it used in Amricanos and Negronis. Kudos if you drank it straight up,

Campari and soda with a slice of orange is very refreshing and a great aperitif.