First night on the Allure

tink218

I was an Allure last week and they offered the drink card from day 5 onward for $85.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is that $85 for only two days ? Can you share that card ?

Thanks

We cruised Allure in June and saw Mama Mia. It was fantastic! Was the singing the same quaility you would see on Broadway? No. However, the cast was wonderful and the tunes were so catchy that my teens want to download some Abba now! One of the most entertaining shows we've seen at sea.

Thank you for taking the time to review and answer questions. Is the Samba Grill equivalent to the Sabor on Harmony? Have fun on the helipad for sailaway. We were invited to do that on Oasis and it was totally cool!

Have fun and enjoy that suite!

When where you on oasis? I asked about a sail away on the helipad but Frederick told me not on oasis. Sailed on allure and had sail away on helipad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Day 4 is Jamaica, once again we are staying on the ship to enjoy the solarium and what the Allure has to offer. Yesterday Jim had a massage and enjoyed it. Dinner last night was in Chops and we both really loved our meals. I had the Caesar salad and rack of lamb with the apple pie for dessert. The lamb was cooked a perfect medium and the flavor was delicious. Jim had 2 shrimp cocktails and the New York strip. He said the steak was so flavorful he could eat another one! He, too had the apple pie for dessert. We are eating there again on Thursday evening.

Tonight we will dine in Coastal Kitchen. We have the headliner show tonight. We are really enjoying our trip. Every crew member we have come in contact with has been very friendly and greeted us. We are impressed with all the ship has to offer, but I don’t think we are mega ship people. We still have a few more days to enjoy this beautiful ship and all it has to offer. I will say, it does not seem crowded.

We have been invited to the sail away on the helipad at 4pm today and are planning on attending. Will try to post more later. I am still on the watch for the drink card.

How does one get invited to the helipad? [emoji848][emoji847]

Day 5 we are at sea today. It is a little rough today and cloudy. We ate in Coastal Kitchen last night and once again it was delicious. I had the salmon and the piece was a good size and very flaky. I cannot say enough about the servers up there. They are all fantastic and very friendly. I just love Nancy and Dexter too. They are always there with a smile and ready to answer any question and ask about your day.

Does not look like it will be a very nice day today so, I think it is going to be a reading and relaxing day. I have not seen any signs for a drink card, maybe today.

I haven't seen Diamond included in the invites for helipad sailaway.
Just full suites and pinnacles.

Oasis does not do sail away(which we love) they have a captains reception in sl with snacks and drinks. Not as good and fun as the sail away on the helipad that allure does.

Do they do this on the Oasis? We're in a GS next month and would love to do this Bob. D+ status hasn't got me the invite yet. clear.png?emoji-grin-1677
Unfortunately not on oasis. Meet n greet with captain on first sea day in sl. Drinks and hot apps were served.

Our final day on the Allure is here. We are at sea. While we have enjoyed the cruise very much, Jim and I have decided mega ships are not for us. They are just too big. We enjoy the intimacy of a smaller ship. We do enjoy the being on the Liberty of the Seas also.

Now, my take on Allure. I loved being in the Grand Suite. The ability to enjoy the Coastal Kitchen, was the best perk ever. We enjoyed our meals there and met some wonderful people in the lounge up there also. We spoke with many pinnacle members and never felt like they were talking down to us. We also dined in Chops twice, great service and food. Samba grill was picked by my husband and he regretted his decision, as did I.

The concierges, Nancy and Dexter were fantastic and went out of their way to help with everything. Yes, this is what they get paid for, but they truly enjoy their jobs and it shows. They are so friendly and greet everyone by name and with a smile.

This is all my opinion and we will sail on Royal again, got our very heavy paper weight gift for our Diamond Plus on this cruise, just not on their mega ships.

Our next cruise is in February on the Celebrity Silhouette. We have been on that ship many times and enjoy it quite a bit.