Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Catching up after a fun weekend in the Finger Lakes. Was only gone a day but the cooler was very busy!

MLeh, thanks as well for the info you sent prior to the trip.

M, that crater lake in northern Quebec looks spectacular!

J, great news on the Torp2.

Early to bed as we are both on call this week.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

So glad you enjoyed it Isk! If I may be so bold....which continent are you living in now? Tried to guess based on when you tended to post. :)

I'm another who's in England.

I'm from a Scandinavian country originally but moved here many years ago. I'm very happy here plus I do get to go back 'home' very often.

Greetings Coolers!

JP...glad you enjoyed your Finger Lakes jaunt!

Thanks Isk! Sounds like you have the best of both worlds.

Today's funny.....

34667628_1726662444047446_3572764379059322880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=5037159b86fa954a15fe0d25ef75661b&oe=5BACBB6C

Blockbuster was a video rental chain which exists no more.

Have a great day all!

I'm glad they returned happy ... ....

http://www.businessopportunityplus.co.uk/the-utility-warehouse-is-a-mini-adventure/

Andy & Imi also qualified (along with 198 other Distributors and their partners) for a luxury six star cruise with Silver Sea’s, aboard The Silver Whisper, returning sun tanned and happy just a few days ago.

Glad that Esther enjoyed the Owners Suite ...

http://esthercallis.com/?page_id=79

https://www.facebook.com/yourpurplehome/

34645112_2419223971436512_9076561907124535296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f669b893ddd393efb4a1c3359dabc500&oe=5BEC6D13

210 Partners getting ready for the Cruise of a Lifetime on the luxury 6* Silverseas Whisper ship. And of course everyone got to bring a plus one for the all-expenses paid trip.

99% of them have other jobs or businesses but have chosen to partner with us in their spare time from home to build an additional income in order to have the choices to have more free time with family, build up a retirement fund, support their kids through university, reduce their working hours, leave a legacy, have a challenge, and many more worthwhile reasons!

In this picture alone there’s nurses, coppers, retirees, hairdressers, printers, singers, driving instructors, stay-at-home mums to name just a few!

And congratulations to all who did that extra bit more and qualified for this luxury cruise!

Still not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement let alone a reply from SS. Edited by UKCruiseJeff

J...that just seems to add insult to injury! :(

Well there was 20 odd people in that piccy. Now Imagine ten times that number. And not all as quiet as that bunch ....

Just seen on their Instagram site

Poor old @silverseacruises don't realise there's 210. Super proud!! #qualified #excited #team ...

Their Instagram site gives some idea of the language we were listening to 24/7

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/utilitywarehouse/

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Mysty, love today's funny. I have about 3 video cassettes that I want to save in DVD format, there's a guy locally who does it for a reasonable price but have to wonder how long will DVD be around?!

Yes, I'm very lucky that I do have the best of both worlds, I'm grateful for it every day.

Jeff oh my, I'm about to read your links. I wonder how many of them are needing a detox this week?;)

We are in much the same boat in terms of media/film storage Isk. Our wedding (1978) and honeymoon in Greece were captured on Super 8 home movie film. We also have early days of our kids on the same format. I'm not sure what we will do with them. Things change so very quickly!

Good afternoon all. Hope you all have a dandy day.

I’m sorry you’ve not heard anything from them yet Jeffers (if not surprised).

Looks like the purple people had a great time anyway.

I’ve had a very interesting chat this morning with a guy from the BBC that works on the Rip Off Britain programme. They are running a special programme soon called Rip off Holidays and are looking for stories to feature. It was quite easy to find the phone number for their office in Dock house, media city, Salford.

Good Morning Dave,

I guess I have mixed feelings about contacting the Beeb, at least at this stage. A long time ago I did some work for what was then called BBC Overseas ........

You were subject to blackmail and objected to it, and I guess that it's important if one does end up in court that one is at least seen to behaving with a degree of propriety, reasonableness and being measured as against the unreasonable treatment we have both so far received - or in my case so far - no treatment at all.

Don't do anything now that might seem rational today but might irritate a judge in the future is my advice. When the process is complete is of course a different matter. Keep your powder dry for another day - you cannot go far wrong :)

Hi Coolers......crikey Jeff those articles etc just add insult to injury!!

DW...great move to get media coverage....

Just trying to catch up with all the posts...have been down to Henley in Arden for the weekend to a party so currently trying to catch up on some rest....builders in again today but thankfully outside finishing off my front driveway.

Happy Day 😊

The voice of reason, as ever, Jeff. It’s just another option to consider if they continue to refuse to deal with this reasonably.

Has your TA had any further contact with them Jeff?

No, nothing.

Have you been aware of how many hits this thread has had over the last few days?

Channel 4s Cruising with Jane McDonald features the Silver Muse this week.....

........would have been a different programme if it had been filmed on our cruise.

Dont think Silversea would have been sending out postcards telling us to watch.

Got mine this morning!!!!!!!!.......but still no acknowledgement of my email

Really says it all

Is she still miming badly to an appropriate ballad at the end of each episode? Any suggestions for what this weeks song should be?

I’m sure they chose the cruise that they were sending her on very carefully swindy. They wouldn’t dream of having her on with such a party. Shame SS didn’t extend that courtesy to their paying guests.

Ps good job I re-read before posting. Autocorrect had renamed you swingy!

Channel 4s Cruising with Jane McDonald features the Silver Muse this week.....

........would have been a different programme if it had been filmed on our cruise.

Dont think Silversea would have been sending out postcards telling us to watch.

Got mine this morning!!!!!!!!.......but still no acknowledgement of my email

Really says it all

When the staff of a company loses interest in it's customers it is normally an extraordinarily good indicator that they have also lost interest in their company.

Is she still miming badly to an appropriate ballad at the end of each episode? Any suggestions for what this weeks song should be?

I’m sure they chose the cruise that they were sending her on very carefully swindy. They wouldn’t dream of having her on with such a party. Shame SS didn’t extend that courtesy to their paying guests.

Ps good job I re-read before posting. Autocorrect had renamed you swingy!

Jane is a personal friend of mine and has done such an excellent job of promoting the various cruise lines resulting with her BAFTA win....

Please don’t be sure of anything without knowing the facts.

S😊

Jane is a personal friend of mine and has done such an excellent job of promoting the various cruise lines resulting with her BAFTA win....

S😊

I've watched all episodes of Jane's programme with a good lady friend of mine. My friend says every time we watch that she thinks Jane comes across as being such fun and she'd love a friend like her.

I've very much enjoyed all of the programmes even though most of the ships haven't been ones I'm interested to sail on. Loved the Iceland one though! The last two weeks of Australia and New Zealand have inspired me to consider a cruise there.

Silver Muse this week then eh? Looking forward to that one.

S

Can you get me her autograph please MissSophia? I’ve never missed an episode yet but I do have to switch off the last 2 minutes when they make her sing! (Apart from recently when she did Kylie).

Me and The better 1/2 were saying after last fridays episode what a shame she wasn’t on our cruise. She certainly would have added a bit of life to the proceedings. These southerners have got no idea ow to av a right good time

She begged me for some carbs ......

7f5df258786c87ce000a5fce284b9820.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Jeff - haven't visited this thread to see your food in a while. This photo reminded me about how great beans are in the U.K. Just bought six cans of "Heinz Beanz" from England for my DH.

Hope that things are going well with you and your wife.

Jackie

Jackie,

Welcome back, and thanks. Beanz in this case was Waitrose. Far better.

Can I just thank you for your defense of me on the Regent thread, which I see has just been pruned. I have sometimes been the target of some personal attacks and normally one just shrugs, but the diatribe on there about me from one poster, I found really shocking. I thanked you for your kind words and your principled defence, but you may have missed it and I was anxious you knew of my appreciation.

:)

S[emoji4]

Jane is a neighbour of ours super fun girl ideal for the Cruise programme.

Enjoy and laugh along on the Muse programmes coming up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jackie,

Welcome back, and thanks. Beanz in this case was Waitrose. Far better.

Can I just thank you for your defense of me on the Regent thread, which I see has just been pruned. I have sometimes been the target of some personal attacks and normally one just shrugs, but the diatribe on there about me from one poster, I found really shocking. I thanked you for your kind words and your principled defence, but you may have missed it and I was anxious you knew of my appreciation.

:)

I just posted the truth - you are a gentleman that does not put up with nonsense. Should have mentioned what a great cook you are:)