Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

No need to explain J! :) I don't want any more grumpy people than we have already! What an interesting job you had! Vending machines? I would have been hard pressed to generate any kind of enthusiasm for that job. But....free crisps? That would do it for me. I no longer crave sweets and have moved on to craving salt. Might be a problem somewhere with my body chemistry and I am OK with that! :) Not sure what Jaffa cakes are though.

M, really? No Smiths crisps, No Jaffa cakes?

I’m starting to think Canada is a bit more 3rd world than I thought.

Only teasing, I so want to visit Canada. Coast to coast in a big fat Winnebago I think is the way to go.

Canada, geographically, is very similar to Wales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daveywavey70

Greetings Coolers!

Thanks DW for the info and pic of Jaffa cakes! I think I would have loved them in my youth! :) Many Canadians have not seen much of Canada. It would make an interesting trip in a Winnebago. You could fly into an eastern province, (probably not Newfoundland as that would add time to your trip with the ferry) rent a vehicle and head west, flying out from there at the end of your journey. I think you would need at least 2 weeks, most likely 3 if you want to stop and smell the roses. C'mon over! :)

Today's funny.....

35552138_1738115996235424_6717940527301394432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8de8de78afebd9f8d5f460d90343b14e&oe=5B778B6D

Have a great day all!

Just treated myself to another Torp ... for Seaside! A blue/grey one. I have a red one here.

It has nothing at all to do with them selling my favourite Austrian lager. The Balcony and draught Gosser @2centigrade. Life doesn't get better. :)

the-sub-grey-edition.jpg

goesser-zwickl-torp.jpg

So disappointed this isn’t available in Ireland yet.

So disappointed this isn’t available in Ireland yet.

Hi .. these are wonderful. The small print is really import. 2c is perfect. It is very cold. So you are basically getting what tastes like very fresh perfect draught beer/lager/pils at home. Because Heineken own so much of world brewing they are constantly adding Torps to the range.

https://uk.the-sub.com/beers/

M ....

Lovely funny!

We are going to have to find Dave a proper role on the Cooler Committee. What do you reckon? Have anything in mind? :D

Yes J! Absolutely a cunning plan. :) We do have a number of vacancies currently. We could suggest a few and ask him to make a choice.

A. Curmudgeon (although he may have to share duties with our other curmudgeon)

B. Cooler Person At Arms (verifying Cooler Membership and IDs)

C. Financial Reprobate (this does involve some facility with numbers)

D. Cooler Bouncer (this involves shift work and may interfere with his day job)

E. Resident Poet (he does have facility with the written word)

F. Cooler Sentry (this involves keeping Cooler members off the newly refinished bar top)

G. Cooler Stool Warmer (this involves keeping bar stools warm for Cooler members while they are traveling or otherwise engaged in nefarious activities away from the bar)

Please feel free to add your own suggestions. This is a democracy and other Cooler members do get to contribute. :)

A lovely range of suggestions. :D:D:D

D might prove a bit demanding as several of our members dress up as women (some of them even are women ..... ) and insist on dancing on the bar in their stilettos. Scrumming them to the ground might be a bit dangerous.

Which job do you fancy Dave? :)

Good morning, not sure if FATHERS DAY is an "around the world" holiday or not...….but it is Father's Day here in the states today.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's, Grandad's, and all those who are in that capacity. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday:D

th?id=OIF.t9r5gQflUDWdESRfXO987w&w=206&h=197&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

th?id=OIP.J_ZdAqM37-BKHZYfEMMSHwHaEK&w=300&h=168&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

Hi .. these are wonderful. The small print is really import. 2c is perfect. It is very cold. So you are basically getting what tastes like very fresh perfect draught beer/lager/pils at home. Because Heineken own so much of world brewing they are constantly adding Torps to the range.

https://uk.the-sub.com/beers/

Forgive me, but I'd never heard of a Torp.....When I looked at Jeffy's first picture, I first thought it was some sort of shellfish steamer. Guess not!

OIC.

In that case it looks a lovely lunch!

I was a bit worried as I think I’ve probably been burnt at the stake a couple of times already!

Dave - you need have no worry about that.

The Cooler is here because of the existence and nature of "elsewhere". It is simply lovely to have one place at least where there is an antidote to some of the comments of what you have found and you have made generally elsewhere. I think here we all enjoy posts that are made when the poster has a smile on their face or is genuinely trying to be friendly and as you can see anyone and everyone is welcome to join. It is weird how after a few years you think of many people being genuine friends even though you haven't actually met. You feel you know them even if you may not be able to picture them. The sympathy I received for example after my recent trip I guess was a surprise but lovely.

The farthest north I've ever been in Canada is Charlevoix and La Mal Baie. Gorgeous territory!! Roberto was summer resident and instructor at Domain Forget. We walked through the loveliest trails and enjoyed the St. Lawrence, close to its mouth towards the sea. We were taken to see whales and it was quite a spectacle! Canadians are justifiably proud of their beautiful country.

I've visited the Charlevoix and La Malbaie areas too. Agree about the whale watching.

Furthest north was the gulf of St Lawrence on a cruise, (SB) and we visited the fabulous Iles de la Madeleine. Just off the coast from Mysty in PEI ! We didn't call at PEI but we did call in to Nova Scotia.