Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

I just posted the truth - you are a gentleman that does not put up with nonsense. Should have mentioned what a great cook you are:)

Jackie,

You wrote the post on that other thread because you knew it were probable I wouldn’t have read what was being said about me and I was enormously touched by what you said. It would have been far easier for you to have shrugged and not posted and move on,but you felt an injustice had been done and sought to correct it. Rare.

May I buy you a cocktail of your choice. :)

Jackie,

You wrote the post on that other thread because you knew it were probable I wouldn’t have read what was being said about me and I was enormously touched by what you said. It would have been far easier for you to have shrugged and not posted and move on,but you felt an injustice had been done and sought to correct it. Rare.

May I buy you a cocktail of your choice. :)

Jeff,

Thank you for the very kind words. If you sail on Regent, I'd love to buy you a cocktail of your choice!

Jackie

Sakaara...that looks divine!

JP...I would do pool dining too! Humidity is killer here!

DW....we have limited options for lamb here. Some from Australia, New Zealand, the US and very rarely from here in Canada.

Welsh lamb is the best in the world! Especially now its not radioactive.

We serve masses of it in my hotel, except in early spring when everyone has driven past the babby lambs bounding around in the neighbouring fields. Then the beef suddenly becomes very popular.

Getting cold here. 2.5C (32F) this morning. Apparently coolest start to winter for quite a few years. It has been so wet the golf course has been closed due to flooding. It was built on wetlands so to be expected!

We have been here nearly 4 weeks and had minimal furniture in our lounge room while waiting for new couches. They arrived yesterday and now the room looks small. Not sure I’m happy with them but I’m sure they will grow on me!

We fly to the Hunter Valley for some wine tasting at the end of the week. Should be fun.

A lot of our friends are heading north for the warmer weather, but our holiday to France and Italy is in September so we are staying here till then.

Good Morning all!

Early mornings aren't the same without the Voddy. I miss it. :)

JP - where are the burger piccies. After all these years wifey has finally said that the favourite burgers are the cheapest Waitrose ones in Ocado brioche buns. All those years of scratch making them for the illusive perfection wasted.

Dave, quite understand if you don't wish to expand ... but you have a hotel ...!? Sounds interesting.

Jilly - shame you can't join us for our birthdays in Vienna in September. Vienna is better than France and Italy. ;) There will be beer and pork and life doesn't get much better.

Saks - were those onions and peppers flamed rather than roasted? Always inquisitive about important details. :D

Some Netflix I think.

Yes J,

A pile of old granite dropped here by Sir James of Savoy in 1282. Llewelyn the great was buried on this site. I Trained at the Savoy (at the same time as Silversea CEO of butler services) following onto the Lanesborough and then here. Quite fascinating if you’ve got time. I Post this picture of my home on the explicit understanding that nobody has permission to reference it in any way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk96ad04fb6a3bde0ac15505249384000f.jpg

Dave,

That place looks so perfect, for a moment I thought it was in the Babacombe Model Village.

Do you find it a fun occupation?

I wouldn’t swap my life for anyone’s. That’s why I went for 10 years without a day off or holiday. But after enduring 6 months of rewiring an 1850 property that was never designed for such luxuries as lights in your bathroom, I felt I deserved a well earned relaxing, rejeuvenating ultra luxury break.

I wouldn’t swap my life for anyone’s. That’s why I went for 10 years without a day off or holiday. But after enduring 6 months of rewiring an 1850 property that was never designed for such luxuries as lights in your bathroom, I felt I deserved a well earned relaxing, rejeuvenating ultra luxury break.

It most certainly is a beautiful place...funnily enough when DW mentioned where he was in NW it was the first place I thought of!! Four paws and l will have to come and see you!! 😊

Yes J,

A pile of old granite dropped here by Sir James of Savoy in 1282. Llewelyn the great was buried on this site. I Trained at the Savoy (at the same time as Silversea CEO of butler services) following onto the Lanesborough and then here. Quite fascinating if you’ve got time. I Post this picture of my home on the explicit understanding that nobody has permission to reference it in any way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk96ad04fb6a3bde0ac15505249384000f.jpg

Awesome looking place. You should be rightly proud of it.

Good Morning all!

Early mornings aren't the same without the Voddy. I miss it. :)

JP - where are the burger piccies. After all these years wifey has finally said that the favourite burgers are the cheapest Waitrose ones in Ocado brioche buns. All those years of scratch making them for the illusive perfection wasted.

Dave, quite understand if you don't wish to expand ... but you have a hotel ...!? Sounds interesting.

Jilly - shame you can't join us for our birthdays in Vienna in September. Vienna is better than France and Italy. ;) There will be beer and pork and life doesn't get much better.

Saks - were those onions and peppers flamed rather than roasted? Always inquisitive about important details. :D

Some Netflix I think.

Morning Jeff,

The peppers and onion were roasted separately to the lamb on skewers on the bbq.

I have just bought some wooden Alder planks for Seabass fillets on the bbq which is also very successful. Charred flavour, and so quick.

Such a welcoming thread.

Hi,

Welcome to you from the Regent boards.

Don't believe everything persistent trolls have written over on that board. The Cooler is a particularly welcoming and no harm is ever intended. The cartoon was meant to cheer me up having been shocked to read a couple of awful posts about me on your home board. I think it was simply poking fun at the troll in order to raise my spirits rather than the great man himself. Any decent fair minded person who read the posts would not have approved of them particularly knowing I would have been unlikely to read them and defend myself. The behaviour here is somewhat better than was indulged on that thread and considerably more welcoming.

Even us Brits who are Royalists poke fun at our Royal family and I'm sure most if not all take it in good fun and always presume that no offence is intended. Sometimes one needs fun particularly when things are dire. :)

By all means hang around if you wish - your first drink is always free.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Thanks Dave,

It strikes me - as a rather lazy person - that your chosen path looks like it is going to be a 365/24/7 occupation that only ever stops when you sell up! I guess your cruise meant you have a manager?

What is the most difficult aspect of running a "hotel" you own?