Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Well, speaking of trial and error... Not quite - just feeling blase after a week of work and trying to figure out what to cook for dinner! I grabbed a piece of flat iron steak from the freezer, and Chris asked me to make lomo saltado. Problem solved!

It's a Peruvian dish but it's a mishmash of different cuisines. We first tried it in the Sacred Valley of Peru the day before we visited Machu Picchu, and since then we've made the dish a few times, and had several different chefs' personal versions. It's basically a stir-fry of meat and French fries served over rice. Other vegetable ingredients can vary

Our home version starts with a brief marinade for the meat - in oil, ground coriander, ground cumin, and garlic. Then it's stir-fried with red onions, whatever peppers we have on hand, and then a few tomatoes at the end to make it juicy. The french fries are fully cooked separately, and folded in at the end with either fresh parsley or cilantro. Here's a wokful, with extra for lunch next week!

i-ZX8jcrv-L.jpg

Serve with extra chopped hot peppers, hot sauce, soy sauce, rose wine, etc. Enjoy! Even better when the hot peppers and the tomatoes are from the garden.

i-PXQPjPM-L.jpg

Tonight might be a hot tub night while we sip wine and watch it rain. The lawn really appreciates it after all those scorching hot days. Hope we'll have a chance to get outside at some point this weekend. I need to get back into shape for all the adventures that Chris has planned for us next month.

Hi everyone, JP, I don't do "hot peppers" but I would gladly eat that dish without them:D…….I agree with Mysty,

your dish looks absolutely delicious:)