Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

Jeff, read your review....and although had told us what happened, that review makes me feel so sad...….:(

Just getting back from my cruise and it was the totally opposite experience...….I had a wonderful time:D

• Administrators

Hi folks!

In order that we are able to continue to provide this special Watercooler opportunity the original reason for creating it must be adhered to....that is, it is for OFF TOPIC and conversational discussion not related to Silversea cruises.

Therefore, any and all discussion about Silversea -- no matter what it is -- needs to be posted on the main cruise line forum.

Of course the exception is ROLL CALLs and TOUR SHARES, which belong on the specific roll call for your sailing.

Thank you,

Laura

PS: I've subscribed to the thread and I'm enjoying the funnies and mostly all the food pics!

Hi folks!

In order that we are able to continue to provide this special Watercooler opportunity the original reason for creating it must be adhered to....that is, it is for OFF TOPIC and conversational discussion not related to Silversea cruises.

Therefore, any and all discussion about Silversea -- no matter what it is -- needs to be posted on the main cruise line forum.

Of course the exception is ROLL CALLs and TOUR SHARES, which belong on the specific roll call for your sailing.

Thank you,

Laura

PS: I've subscribed to the thread and I'm enjoying the funnies and mostly all the food pics!

Thanks Laura, welcome - appreciated but confused.

As the Cooler originator I have sent you an email to seek clarity.

I guess that in order to ensure this doesn't make Host Dan's life even more problematic we remind ourselves that ALL CC guidelines apply but with the exception that things can be both on and off topic
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39470485&postcount=1

• Administrators
Thanks Laura, welcome - appreciated but confused.

As the Cooler originator I have sent you an email to seek clarity.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39470485&postcount=1

That's fine, I'll look for your email.

You said "I guess that in order to ensure this doesn't make Host Dan's life even more problematic we remind ourselves that ALL CC guidelines apply but with the exception that things can be both on and off topic"

And again, you may have written that eons ago, but that isn't something I wrote (probably should have been corrected at that time). So, off topic only here in the Watercooler. No Silversea posts.

Anyone who'd like to discuss this further should email me directly. Please do not post in this thread.

Thank you!

Laura

That's fine, I'll look for your email.

You said "I guess that in order to ensure this doesn't make Host Dan's life even more problematic we remind ourselves that ALL CC guidelines apply but with the exception that things can be both on and off topic"

And again, you may have written that eons ago, but that isn't something I wrote (probably should have been corrected at that time). So, off topic only here in the Watercooler. No Silversea posts.

Anyone who'd like to discuss this further should email me directly. Please do not post in this thread.

Thank you!

Laura

Definitely gave you something new to talk about...

Good afternoon from officially the hottest day!

Interesting interview from Emliy Maitlis I thought I’d share. She sometimes anchors BBC Newsnight.

I know how tough it is to be judged on one stupid phrase

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/emily-maitlis-on-sean-spicer-i-know-how-tough-it-is-to-be-judged-on-one-stupid-phrase-zxxrvlm29?shareToken=3d60b04434458280fa8b4ee9eaf2c1d7

Well we've just been to see Mamma Mia. Lots of people told me to take tissues. Decent enough film but the only reason you'd need to take tissues is to wipe the dribble from the side of Chers mouth as her face seems to have now been totally paralyzed with cow poison and she seems to have lost the power of both speech and song.

Yes I know she's 72 and hasn't got a line on her face but she looks like a bloated bladder wearing Miss Piggies hair. Am I the only person that is traumatized by having to look at people whose faces have been butchered, rearranged, stretched and immobilized? I'd rather grow old disgracefully.

Beautiful J! And your meal looks awesome! And "a plaice for you"....witty!!!! :)

I agree, I finally saw what he did there, but it took me a minute. Jeff is a witty one!

Off to see the brothers and sisters this weekend, at least 3 of 4. My other brother is back in Denmark "working" this week - he got home Tuesday, and had a "conference" in Bonn for the last two days. The only "working" that I saw was a group of them drinking Kolsch at an outdoor picnic table. That's the kind of job I want!

Hamburgers on the grill last night. I finally took a picture for Jeff. Served over a slice of Vidalia (sweet) onion, and topped with melted cheddar. And some nice frites! No pictures of the empty Malbec bottle though.

i-FfC8W2m-L.jpg

Does anybody watch The Big Bang Theory? Chris had watched a few episodes on planes, and said that I'd probably like it. Now we've been renting the DVDs from Netflix. We are halfway through the fourth season and find it hilarious.

Morning all.

We're still enduring our 'heat wave' here on the west coast. I have all the windows open for now and it is very pleasant 22°c (albeit 6:30 in the am).

JP: I enjoyed the first few seasons of Big Bang Theory but have tapered off watching over recent seasons.

Jeff: I saw what you did there.

I'm not very good at image insertion (I don't have a place to host pictures) so you'll just have to imagine our back yard and back porch, where we go to escape the heat in the house. Right now I'm listening to a raven croak and caw in the back yard through my office window. They have an amazing range of sounds. He's sitting atop our 70' pine tree back by the barn. It is the quintessential 'west coast' sound. Nothing quite beats the sound of the wind rushing over their wings when they fly overhead.

Yesterday's wine of choice was a "Little Straw" Pinot Rosé - 2016 vintage. Little Straw is a small winery in the Okanagan, in West Kelowna. Most of their wines come from their own grapes. We can't get their wines in the official government liquor stores, so every once in a while we'll do a wine run to the Okanagan and fill up the back of the car.

We try to go to a number of small boutique wineries, from West Kelowna, to Penticton and the Naramata Bench, right down to Oliver & Osoyoos, that don't produce enough wine to be carried by our government monopoly. (It's a good excuse to let the ponies have a good run too.)

It's essential to go for tastings though, because there have been known to be 'good years' and 'bad years'. The best year overall was 2012 (See Ya Later Ranch had an outstanding Pinot Noir that year), but 2016 seems to be a close second. We're hearing that the 2017's are going to be good too. The years the Okanagan has fires the reds tend to be a bit smokier in flavour, so will expect that in the 2018 vintage when they are released.

Hope everyone is having a good day.