Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Four

CCHelp

G'Day.....

Happy Birthday to Chris and safe travels to you both...hope you have a lovely trip.

Great to have the reports from Cam...I'm doing a similar route in November on the Spirit.

Good to hear from the TTS's....lovely photo of Mrs T....pleased to know the Spirit is in fine form.....funny the mention of the majority of Brits on board....found this on the December voyage also...it appears that certain readers offers are coming up with some good deals...many complaints though so maybe not good....

Had to trawl into town this morning.......the older l get the more I've begun to hate going into shops where the service is hit or miss and folk seem to wander around with their cell phones attached to their ears notwithstanding those who block aisles or doorways chatting away with total disregard for anyone else......but needs must on occasions!!

😊

Hi Sophia,

I cannot tell you how pleased we are to have things delivered - particularly Ocado compared to our Waitrose. And it is saving us a lot of cash as well as the grief.

The only thing is that I wish they'd make baby walkers for adults because my knee is playing up. I'd like one of those. I know they do, but I prefer kids ones ...

kids-embrace-batman-baby-walker-p887-9265_image.jpg

Hi Jeff.....yes home delivery is so much better and cheaper!!

Sorry to hear of your bad knee...not easy....

Bedroom/kitchen fitters just left after measuring up...will be interesting to see the plans! Early start tomorrow with plumber and electrician....no doubt I'll be manning the tea trolley!! 😊

Jeff, that walker for an adult would be hilarious!

We are now in Antigua. Went to town this morning and the tour vendors swarmed on us relentlessly. We understand the precarious economies of these islands and have contributed by spending good money on lots of presents for our relatives, but we don’t feel comfortable with so many vendors’ aggressive in your face selling. We are now seated in Seabourn Square, where any desired kind of coffee is prepared at your request, and you enjoy it in a library setting. Tonight we will try the TK restaurant again and the Dover Sole has been recommended.

Entertainment:

Although Roberto did not much enjoy the Tim Rice show, I do like Broadway melodies and found it... entertaining. The next night was Mario D’Andrea, a one man show that we both liked. He is well known in the Vegas circuit, funny, very good voice, and wonderful electric guitar playing. Last night we had the funniest magician, which made the Grand Salon roar. Now, for us, this variety in entertainment offerings is preferred to the SS Voices’ nightly shows. Tonight is a deck dance party, which I’m looking forward to.

The food (especially lunch) and service continues to please us as well as the pleasant passenger group. Will continue.

Hi Cams, glad you like me new walker and good to hear the cruise is going well ....

You may remember last year we mentioned that Sir Tim Rice was in our cabin on our BA flight to Singapore when he was on his way to launch this music programme on Seabourn. He was extremely enthusiastic and friendly and was not at all snooty and chatted to all. And he snored. My wife now claims that she has slept with Sir Tim Rice! :D

Although I'm not a fan of his music I can see how talented he is.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51934126&postcount=72

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51943371&postcount=80

My wife now claims that she has slept with Sir Tim Rice! :D Although I'm not a fan of his music I can see how talented he is.

Super great and funny line by your wife!! Love it. BUT, with all due respect, I have really enjoyed lots of Sir Tim Rice's music and theatre success. Very memorable and enjoyable for my tastes here in the Colonies. Understand those knee challenges. Have a knee issue going to the old days in high school when I played our version of football here.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 221,659 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

We are now in Antigua. Went to town this morning and the tour vendors swarmed on us relentlessly. We are now seated in Seabourn Square, where any desired kind of coffee is prepared at your request, and you enjoy it in a library setting. Although Roberto did not much enjoy the Tim Rice show, I do like Broadway melodies and found it... entertaining. The next night was Mario D’Andrea, a one man show that we both liked. Last night we had the funniest magician, which made the Grand Salon roar. Now, for us, this variety in entertainment offerings is preferred to the SS Voices’ nightly shows. Tonight is a deck dance party, which I’m looking forward to. The food (especially lunch) and service continues to please us as well as the pleasant passenger group. Will continue.

Appreciate this excellent continued reporting by Cams and the nice details. Very helpful and honest in reflecting how different cruise lines have their varied strengths and weaknesses. In doing our first cruise in 2006, it was with Seabourn, their "deck dance party" was lots of fun in a scenic setting off the Turkish Coast. Have not yet been to Antigua, but understand those "challenges" when getting swarmed by the vendors. Not fun!! Keep up the great sharing!!

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 54,800 views for these postings.

Hello. I've not died, just been busy floating around off the coast of the Eastern Cape. Maputo today. If you get the chance to visit - don't! All good on the Spirit. Ship full but only 65 US on board, nearly 400 (yes, you read that right) Brits and a few assorted others. Dined with Capt Palmieri who is a hoot and as top days sailed getting invites to all sorts of dinner, lunch and cocktail things. .

Appreciate these great updates, details and follow-up by Tothesunset. Agree that Maputo has its challenges, but I enjoyed seeing and experiencing that "diversity" of cultures, history and styles there. Interesting that on this sailing that there are so few from the USA on your sailing. BUT, it is easier to get down to Cape Town from the UK compared to flying from California, Midwest, etc. Keep it coming! Look forward to reading more travel highlights from this part of the world. Glad you are in good hands with your experienced ship Captain. And was able to enjoy dinner with him.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 36,490 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

As we were ready for our sail-away from Durban two years ago, here is Ship Captain Palmieri shown without wearing his normal ball cap. But, he had his great blue glasses frames. In June 2017, while guiding the Silver Spirit from Lisbon to Rouen, he had switched to dark brown frames.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see picture larger!)

Africa2016PixsA9_zpswv8msunj.jpg

Hi folks, Belated Happy Birthday Chris:), sorry I missed it.

Not sure if I updated ya'll.......I am having the kidney stone removed on Tuesday..........got a call from the Hospital today

for "PRE-Registration"

Nice gal, gave her all my information, including insurance and all that stuff............at the end of the call she says

"APPROXIMATE" patient responsibility is 3 grand and do I want to make a payment?:eek:.......I had to ask her to repeat herself.........I said, I am not pre-paying this surgery.......the hospital can send me a bill and they can bill

Blue Cross and THEN bill me............who pre-pays for surgery?:eek:........what if, (God forbid) something happens? I am

not paying a penny ahead of time.:rolleyes:.............I think she just has to read from a pre-printed form or something.

Fix me first, then I will pay.

And on Friday afternoon I have to go to the hospital for pre-tests...they take blood, etc.

I am having the kidney stone removed on Tuesday..........got a call from the Hospital today for "PRE-Registration" Nice gal, gave her all my information, including insurance and all that stuff............at the end of the call she says

"APPROXIMATE" patient responsibility is 3 grand and do I want to make a payment?:eek:.......I had to ask her to repeat herself.........I said, I am not pre-paying this surgery.......the hospital can send me a bill and they can bill Blue Cross and THEN bill me............who pre-pays for surgery?

Good luck to Lois for your Tuesday kidney stone procedure. Yes, understand those pains and challenges!!! After my return of kidney stones in early November and December, I hope that today I finished up this "stage" of that process. Had another re-checking x-ray done this morning and then the urologist took out the stint that he had placed inside me in early November. Fortunately, the stint was not too much of problem for me during that nearly two and a half month period.

On hospitals and billings, YES, agree 100% that they can be very "aggressive" in seeking advance payments. NO!! Don't pay!! And, when they send out the bills, do NOT pay too quickly, either. It takes time for the insurance people to work out what are the correct billing amounts. If you send them money too quickly, you end up being the loser.

Lisbon, NWSpain, Bordeaux/Brittany: Just finished June 2017 sailing from Portugal to France along the scenic Atlantic Coast, plus great pre- and post-cruise experiences. Many interesting pictures and details on history, food, culture, etc., from my live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2511358

I wouldn't trust a surgeon who wants his/her money 'up front'. :confused: It leads one to think his/her success rate may not be very good. :eek: Remember - half of all doctors graduated in lower 50% of their class.

Good luck Lois.

Edited by Bill B

I wouldn't trust a surgeon who wants his/her money 'up front'. :confused: It leads one to think his/her success rate may not be very good. :eek: Remember - half of all doctors graduated in lower 50% of their class.

Good luck Lois.

Hi Bill, it is not the Surgeon's office who called......it was the hospital. And the guy who is doing it, they are a very well

known place......I don't think it is because he is not good:eek:

Great food Jeff! We've been wandering around Brussels today since about 1. Flight got in a little before noon and we hopped a train to central station. From there about 5 minutes walk to our hotel. It was only 12:20 or so, and the room wasn't ready yet so we grabbed lunch (and beer).

After check in and a shower we went sightseeing. The city center is compact so we knocked off most of that today. Easy... Dinner was a ridiculously tasty 4- course meal with matching wines. That plus jet lag. Time for sleep!

More tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We've been wandering around Brussels today since about 1. Flight got in a little before noon and we hopped a train to central station. From there about 5 minutes walk to our hotel. It was only 12:20 or so, and the room wasn't ready yet so we grabbed lunch (and beer). After check in and a shower we went sightseeing. The city center is compact so we knocked off most of that today. Easy... Dinner was a ridiculously tasty 4- course meal with matching wines. That plus jet lag. Time for sleep! More tomorrow.

Appreciate these fun updates from J.P. and Chris. Glad that things are going well in Brussels. Is it still charming and historic in their main downtown? I am sure it is. Keep it coming!! Looking for more details. YES, the beer is great in Belgium. Below are two of my pictures from being there in 2007. Did Brussels as a part of an overnight day-trip from Paris to Bruges, Ghent, etc.

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting, dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 36,490 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Lots of great architecture, history and style to enjoy in Belgium, especially here in Brussels as shown in my visuals from 2007.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger!)

July%202017A%201641_zps9omu3ceh.jpg

July%202017A%201640%201_zpswasxx1os.jpg

Yes, more bad weather is coming for this weekend. See the AccuWeather map for what is headed our way in the midwest and for the northeast. Seems like a good time to be in south Florida and enjoy more sunshine and warmer temperatures. Right, Spins?

Panama Canal? Completed Feb. 28-Mar. 15, 2017, Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco adventure through the Panama Canal with our first stops in Colombia, Central America and Mexico, plus added time in the great Golden Gate City. Lots of fun, interesting pictures!! Those visuals start on the second page, post #26. See more at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2465580

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-11%20at%205.35.39%20PM_zpsemuz7v9h.png

Dear Cooler friends,

Yesterday Seabourn regaled us with a beach party at Carambola Beach in St. Kitts. It was a bbq lobster extravaganza and very well organized and carried out. The beach was beautiful; we swam in calm, clear waters and so much enjoyed it!!! The display of food was splendid and we ate too much.

Roberto was tired afterwards, but I stayed awake until the usual show time (9:45pm) to see the Irish Soul offering. Again, the dancers were so good! The song selection I guess could have been better...

Today we are in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. We walked for about an hour under a fierce sun and are now relaxing at the pool deck, awaiting lunch.

Happy thoughts for all of you; wish you were here.

Dear Cooler friends, Yesterday Seabourn regaled us with a beach party at Carambola Beach in St. Kitts. It was a bbq lobster extravaganza and very well organized and carried out. The beach was beautiful; we swam in calm, clear waters and so much enjoyed it!!! The display of food was splendid and we ate too much. Roberto was tired afterwards, but I stayed awake until the usual show time (9:45pm) to see the Irish Soul offering. Again, the dancers were so good! The song selection I guess could have been better... Today we are in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. We walked for about an hour under a fierce sun and are now relaxing at the pool deck, awaiting lunch. Happy thoughts for all of you; wish you were here.

YES! YES!! We wish we were there with you. Especially with the cold weather and snow coming our way for this weekend. Appreciate, Cams, this great update and these wonderful details. Sounds so nice as to much of what Seabourn has been offering and doing. Keep it coming!!

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 193,522 views for this posting.

Hi, glad everyone is having fun on their cruises:)

I went to the hospital today for pre-tests......they took blood, did an EKG and a chest X ray........so now it is all about

Tuesday:eek:.......I also had to fill out paperwork and the nurse asked me all kinds of questions.....the last time I had

surgery? I think I was about 10 and had my tonsils taken out..........so that was almost 50 years ago:rolleyes:.....as many

health issues as I have had lately, I guess I have been very lucky overall........