Has anyone Done British Isles

Pitapie67

We have taken several British Isles Cruises.

The ports are not all the same and vary by itinerary.

If you have booked a cruise it would be helpful if you list out your stops.

I would also be posting this on the British Isles Ports Of Call Board at:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=233

Keith

do some research for each port & see what interests you

Not everyone wants to see old castles or go to a distillery etc

Once you decide what you want to see look at ways to get there eg: ship's tour, local guide, public transportation

Check the British Isles forum for ideas

Need to know what r some must see and what not to waist money on ? Help

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The British Isles are a big county w lots of things to see. You have provided us w absolutely no information about your trip plans. Your question is the equivalent of saying "I am visiting the USA and I need to know what I must see and what not to see". The answers you will get will be totally useless.

DON

The British Isles are a big county w lots of things to see. You have provided us w absolutely no information about your trip plans. Your question is the equivalent of saying "I am visiting the USA and I need to know what I must see and what not to see". The answers you will get will be totally useless.

DON

I’m so sorry for the lack of details we will be in Scotland Edinburgh and Ireland, Dublin, Belfast , cork, and England Southampton. I thought the ships go to the same ports . Thank for any ‘tips

Pita

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A lot would depend on personal preferences. When in Dublin, we saw and very much enjoyed the Book of Kells and the Carnegie Museum. But, I bet many would prefer a pub crawl.

The Scottish Military Tattoo is super enjoyable, but it is only there a limited time. There is also on a limited time basis in Edinburgh the Fringe Festival.

We had a great time on a Princess cruise to the British isles this past summer. We did a variety of things--a couple of excursions booked ahead of time with tour companies (to Blarney Castle from Cobh (Cork) and Loch Ness from Invergordon). We did hop-on/hop-off buses in Dublin and Glasgow. I bought tickets to Edinburgh Castle in advance.

Book of Kells in Dublin was on my must-see list, and it did not disappoint. Buy those tickets ahead of time if you can.

Edinborough-- I was perfectly happy walking up and down the Royal Mile, and poking my way through the Castle.

I loved Blarney Castle out of Cobh. I even leaned out and kissed the stone! The poison garden was also a real treat.