Small Clothes Steamer

Emmasnana07

Have taken one last 2 cruises and never had a problem, will do again Saturday. Hope no problem again. We just use it first day then hide it.

That’s the way, just put everyone’s life in danger. You’re way too important for dumb rules like this.

I brought an iron on our first cruise, in 2003. I had no clue it was not allowed. I am sure it was in the "small print" somewhere- but I guess I never read that. The only reason I remember that I did bring it was that I remember ironing on the bed for dinner. I had every intension of bringing one on our next cruise and was shocked to learn that it was prohibited. So I left it at home and figured out how to find the laundry room and use one of the ones provided. Since then- I have acquired a "cruise wardrobe" with MDR acceptable clothing that requires no ironing.

I have wondered about the steamer in the past too- that is what I use at home now instead of an iron. I don't understand why they are not allowed- but I don't get to make the rules... just follow them.

I will say that I have used my flat iron to smooth out collars before! Hahaha!!

While a steamer and hair curler may each have heating elements, there may be a difference in the amperage drawn. The higher the amps, the more heated the wiring gets. Ships wiring is not like home residential, so where is Chengkp to explain this all again in terms we all can understand???????

In close to 50 cruises, I have never found a need to iron anything. I've learnt to pack simple, non wrinkleable clothing, and I pack the night before a cruise, not weeks before as some describe here in "when do you start packing" threads. The longer a garment sits folded, the more likely it is to get creases, especially if there are other articles pressing down on it.

I use the wrinkle releaser, this helps a lot. When the wrinkles are tough, I spray the wrinkle releaser and then immediately use the hair dryer on the item and this helps a lot. Try to pack clothes that are wrinkle resistant.

Have taken one last 2 cruises and never had a problem, will do again Saturday. Hope no problem again. We just use it first day then hide it.

But then there is always those that put the rest of us at risk. Rules do not apply to them.

Every cruise

Every time

Hubby is in charge of steaming any clothing we cannot have time to steam in the shower or get the wrinkles out on the balcony. :)

Oh goodie, another special person who rules don't apply to.

Have also taken one every cruise for past hhmm 20. I did lose one once, and that was the one time i put it in my carryon. Purchased another , pack it, and not an issue.

Concerning putting everyones life in danger... interesting note... watch each night as the pixels staff get set up for taking photos, they steam their backdrops with .. you guessed it... a clothes steamer...

so while Carnival may say they are not permitted, i am not certain steamers are putting peoples lives in danger.. if such was the case.. pixels wouldnt be allowed to use them regardless of their need for them.

Pixels staff cant have open flames, neither can we, they cant smoke on balconies, neither can we... they can however, have steamers... we cannot... not sure it falls in the put our lives in danger category... AND

lets say it does.. why then, are we allowed curling irons straighteners for hair.. and other similar items? .. dealing only with the thought that those items put lives in danger.... the have the same heating element which supposedly is a danger... Just sayin' cant find the consistency no matter what way i look at it

steamers - some can have them on board, some cant

curling irons - we all can, but same heating element as a steamer...

dont get it

Per leaf.tv ( google search)

Curling Iron: They have an on/off switch, preset temperature settings and the metallic heating element that actually does the work of curling the hair.

Per https://electronics.howstuffworks.com ( google search)

Search Results

Do Clothes Steamers Work? - How a Clothes Steamer Works ...

A typical large or medium steamer consists of a water tank, heating element and long metal rod, as well as a rubber hose with a brush attached to remove hair .

Because it is against the rules. How would you like it if people took candles for their rooms. That is against the rules, but oh well! No need to conform

While i appreciate your noting that they are not allowed, period.. you have every right to make that point and you are correct.

But as for what you pack and when you pack.. i dont think its reasonable to explain how and when you do things, and therefore if everyone followed your idea there would be no need for a steamer.

Firstly, i and many others will not buy a whole new wardrobe consisting of materials that ' you' have... and therefore have no worries about wrinkles. Our clothes is our clothes, and while many will purchase an item or two prior to a cruise, i dont see a huge line up to purchase a new wardrobe based on your recommendation of what type of clothing to pack.

secondly, as for when to pack... there are times i left my home on a sunday evening, to be working on the road as an auditor thru to Friday, only to return friday evening and fly saturday to catch a cruise. If my clothes is not packed prior to leaving for work, well i guess i wouldnt be going. So i also dont think you have a right to suggest to people when to pack, and reference the other threads as to when people start... everyone has their own reasons, and not everyone is sitting at home counting the hours until the time arrives to leave... some work to the last minute.

I do think I only said what I do. I don't think I've told anyone what they should do.