Michael's Club?

39august

Many, many people would like to see this. Not too much incentive to sail long enough to move from Elite+ to Zenith.

My personal thoughts are that as 'Suite Class' was created after the last amendments to Captains Club suite passengers effectively are now missing out in the loyalty club.

Whilst it offers great benefits to many passengers I agree with the comments above that it needs rethinking and an additional level between Elite + and Zenith does need including.

Celebrity need some original out of the box thinking so that Captains Club membership can benefit suite passengers more particularly those in top tier suites.

How you'd achieve this could be an interesting discussion, but maybe start with shore excursion credits as it's one area completely omitted from the current plan and would appeal to most pax I imagine.

I'd also add that the propensity for offers and "inclusions" has diluted the benefits of Zenith as well.

Phil

I think to a lesser degree you could argue that the Go Best and similar promotions have diluted the benefits of all lesser tiers too to varying degrees.

But you highlight what is probably the biggest problem for Celebrity with introducing an additional loyalty tier in between E+ and Zenith excluding costings obviously. If they do it, how will it impact the desirability and prestige of the zenith tier? Will they need to increase the zenith offering? If so, how?

And at how many points would people introduce a new tier?

My personal thoughts are that as 'Suite Class' was created after the last amendments to Captains Club suite passengers effectively are now missing out in the loyalty club.

Whilst it offers great benefits to many passengers I agree with the comments above that it needs rethinking and an additional level between Elite + and Zenith does need including.

Celebrity need some original out of the box thinking so that Captains Club membership can benefit suite passengers more particularly those in top tier suites.

How you'd achieve this could be an interesting discussion, but maybe start with shore excursion credits as it's one area completely omitted from the current plan and would appeal to most pax I imagine.

Mynki- Agree with you completely as the 4 perks with a suite overcome any CC perks offered. My personal view is that all CC members could get more cruise discounts or even free cruises somehow linked to an escalating point scale as an alternative option to the standard CC benefits. If you do something only for suites, the suite envy crowd will be out in force here.

Mynki- Agree with you completely as the 4 perks with a suite overcome any CC perks offered. My personal view is that all CC members could get more cruise discounts or even free cruises somehow linked to an escalating point scale as an alternative option to the standard CC benefits. If you do something only for suites, the suite envy crowd will be out in force here.

I think you raise a very valid point and it was something I considered when writing my post. But the suite envy crowd need to realise that zenith members booking a PH or RS are paying for premium beverage packages and other 'perks' in their cruise fare whereas zenith members booking an inside cabin are not. This doesn't seem fair to me.

But yes, I agree some kind of discount on cruise fares across the board for the most loyal CC members would work. I'd love to be in the meeting with CC management and bounce ideas around with them when considering a new tier etc. You'd then have access to the hard data used to make such decisions that sadly we don't. But I'm sure passengers could still also make very valid contributions.

There are a number of Zeniths who only book Suites. I've never heard any of them complain that they are paying for benefits that they are already receiving. They just want the space and Luminae and don't care about price or the diluting of Zenith benefits. One cruiser made it to the Zenith level in just 14 cruises by booking the PH as a single with double points. I understand that they still only take the PH. It's non Suite people like me that talk about diluting Zenith benefits.

Sorry for the mistake, when I was giving that little history I was going to write that I thought some higher rollers of the Blue Chip club were allowed into Michaels. I seem to remember reading that and wondering if you knew the answer. Thanks.

You are correct I am Sapphire level in Blue Chip and have full access to Michaels

Sent from my iPad using Forums