Your time dinning

Fastfredcruise

Can you request to be seated at the same table in order to establish a rapoir with the staff.

In our Alaska cruise with the family it was nice that the staff knew all our names, including the grandchildren. Made them feel grown up.

It is also easier to reward for excellent service.:)

Yes, we have done this multiple times when we liked our waitstaff. On occasion we had to wait a few minutes for a table, but not often. Of course, we eat rather early, so later diners may have a different wait time.

absolutely, first night we had a waiter in a serious rush, we wanted to order a drink and he said, no he needed to take our order. The next night we had a wonderful, happy lady, who we we knew we wanted every night. We noted this to the hostess and had her the rest of the cruise.

Also interested in this as it will be our first time trying Your Time Dining. We plan to eat later maybe around 8 or 9 how will be the wait be for a table for 2? We will be on the Freedom in 8 days.

We almost always eat later and request a table for 2 and after 8pm, the dining room is not as busy as between 6 and 8 pm. We have never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes. The last night seems to be a very busy night on most cruises, so you may have a bit more of a wait on that night.

We usually eat around 6:30 p.m. or around 8. We have never had a wait when we have chosen to eat around 8 and the longest I remember was 20 minutes for a table for six. Just enough time to go out to the lobby bar and have a cocktail and take another one in with us.

Yes, you can get a good waitstaff and a not so good but we have never had a "Bad" waitstaff in YTD. We have had a few in traditional.

Take care,

Mike

It has been my experience that they know where you sat previously and automatically try to give you a table with the same wait staff. You don't even have to ask.

However, since we like to sit in different areas of the dining room, we have to explicitly tell the host that we'd like a table somewhere else. In our experiences, we've found that all wait staff tries to give excellent service, so having a table in the back one night, a table by the window another night, etc. is more preferable to us than sitting in the same area just because the staff knows our names and drink orders.

It's just our preference and one of the reasons we always select YTD and go for dinner as early as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You absolutely can request to be in a certain waiters section when you check in each night. I always have YTD when I cruise since I love the flexibility, and once I find a waiter we like that is where we request to be each night. Just bare in mind the request may come with a longer wait time if his/her section is full at the moment. I would also suggest remembering what table # you had the night before as there could be multiple waiters with the same name.

Can you request to be seated at the same table in order to establish a rapoir with the staff.

In our Alaska cruise with the family it was nice that the staff knew all our names, including the grandchildren. Made them feel grown up.

Yes! For us that’s what makes this the “best of both worlds”. And in the off chance you don’t click with your dining crew, you can change it up.

Yes! For us that’s what makes this the “best of both worlds”. And in the off chance you don’t click with your dining crew, you can change it up.

Agree. Makes it like you are in total control of your dining experience.

You may not get the exact same table but you can certainly request to be seated in a particular wait team's area so you end up with the same servers each night. They will definitely honor that request.

If you're planning to eat late, there shouldn't be much wait. Most folks aim for the 7-7:30 slot....which almost always means a wait for someone!

Eating early has always been positive for us too! We aim for whenever the dining room opens, unless port gets in the way, we’ve never waited more than 5/10 minutes max.

That's what regular dining is...our recent Sunshine cruise the any times had to register on deck 4 and got a beeper. Dining rooms were on deck 2&3.

You may not get the exact same table but you can certainly request to be seated in a particular wait team's area so you end up with the same servers each night. They will definitely honor that request.

This is correct and being flexible and not insisting on the exact same table assures you receive that wait team's next available table assuming there is not a wait list for their section when you arrive at the host stand.