Does the Royal Princess have the Ocean Medallions yet?

Princess18

Our Feb 2018 Royal sailing is marked as ***** cruise ... with the slow/selective rollout on the Regsl, we're not holding our breath ... in any event, we'll likely take along some aluminum foil to wrap around the device to block the signal ... the tracking seems creepy even tho that feature can be disabled, supposedly.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Forums mobile app

Our Feb 2018 Royal sailing is marked as ***** cruise ... with the slow/selective rollout on the Regsl, we're not holding our breath ... in any event, we'll likely take along some aluminum foil to wrap around the device to block the signal ... the tracking seems creepy even tho that feature can be disabled, supposedly.

They have the sensors all over the, corridors foyers, dining rooms. Everywhere. 2 in your cabin, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the cabin area itself

They have the sensors all over the, corridors foyers, dining rooms. Everywhere. 2 in your cabin, 1 in the bathroom and 1 in the cabin area itself

The sensors may be all ovef the ship ... but I suspect foil or an RFID-blocking envelope would make the medallion undetectable.

Wondering if the Royal has the medallions yet, or if anyone knows when they will be installed?

The January 19, 2018 sailing was scheduled to be the first Medallion cruise on Royal. Now all Medallion sailings through the spring are preview Medallion sailings, with only some rooms with the new technology.

The sensors may be all ovef the ship ... but I suspect foil or an RFID-blocking envelope would make the medallion undetectable.

That reminds me of those stories back in the day of those people who wore tin foil hats to prevent the aliens from intercepting their brainwaves. It seems reality has caught up with science fiction! I hope you're not going to wear your foil covered medallion on a lanyard! 😳

It is my limited understanding that you can turn off all the features EXCEPT - the 'security' feature that allows Princess to track your every movement, but 'maybe' not your other cruise habits

yeah right - turn it off???

Kind of creepy that they will always know where we are.

But then they could locate those hiding from the muster drill, and those on a B2B who don't think that letter telling them to meet somewhere to be zeroed down doesn't apply to them...Or they wouldn't have to call cabins over the PA when there are passengers missing when you are ready to leave port. They would at least know they are not on the ship. I can think of more reasons it would come in handy. EM

Why not just get a regular card instead of the *****?

Why not just get a regular card instead of the *****?

Sure, we likely can get a standard card ... but at some point, I surmise Princess will phase those out. I have yet to figure the real value to me of the ***** system ... seems like a lot of marketing hype selling me on what Princess claims I need or want. Princess can't possibly be sinking so much time, energy and money into creating a better experience for me ... unless there is alot in it for Princess.