Hairdresser on boards

AmberLarson

I am going to make a cruise with my family members :D We are only on the stage of choosing the direction, but have begun to think about small details. I am almost sure there are hairdressers on board. But what is their quality at an everage?:confused: Or can we take with us some own tools for hair?:confused:

There is a salon on most ships offering a wide range of services. They will cut hair and/or shampoo and blow-dry it.

Just like home some are better then others.

The vast majority of cruise lines use either Steiner's or Canyon Ranch to operate their salons and to hire all of the personnel.

Keith

Most ships have a full service spa/salon. More expensive than most people are used to paying. No problem bringing your own tools/products.

Most people, but the cuts and colors onboard are cheaper than my local salon. Average cut and blow out are $60+ here.

Sorry, I can't resist.

The average hairdresser on a cruise ship is average.

That snarky comment being made, I can report that my wife did get a cut on a cruise ship about a year ago, and she was very pleased. I don't think it cost much more than she usually pays.

I am going to make a cruise with my family members :D We are only on the stage of choosing the direction, but have begun to think about small details. I am almost sure there are hairdressers on board. But what is their quality at an everage?:confused: Or can we take with us some own tools for hair?:confused:

overpriced for anything from Supercuts to Nick Chavez Beverly Hills level stylists

most styling tools are permitted.

the appoints for formal nights go EXTREMELY fast for wash, set/style. no way would I ever get anything like a cut, perm or color on board.

a crappy hair dryer is supplied in the cabin. bear in mind that you will most likely NOT be able to use the bathroom at all for such things as the only plug in there is rated for shavers only. the hair dryer is typically in a drawer at the desk, which also usually has a magnifying mirror and good lighting.

...which also usually has a magnifying mirror and good lighting.

Please tell us what cruise line/ships you've found good lighting and magnifying mirror at the desk! Every cabin we've had lately only has overhead lighting and no magnifying mirror! I usually end up standing by the balcony window holding my mirror in one hand and trying to put on makeup with the other!

Please tell us what cruise line/ships you've found good lighting and magnifying mirror at the desk! Every cabin we've had lately only has overhead lighting and no magnifying mirror! I usually end up standing by the balcony window holding my mirror in one hand and trying to put on makeup with the other!

Lousy lighting but have had magnifying mirrors in the bathrooms on Princess and Carnival.

Princess has a nice desk I turn into my makeup / hairdressing station. I bring my own lighted magnifying mirror. (I’m over 50, I don’t go anywhere without it!). But it works out nice. I shower first and then move to the desk while the hubster does his shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only had my hair done once on a cruise - cut and blow dry on a Celebrity cruise. I drew a young lady from Ireland who had multicolor hair sticking out all over. She approached my head with open scissors and started slashing away - uh, oh. Well, it was probably the best haircut I've ever had - before or since. Everything fell perfectly in place and stayed that way with no "tools" required (I hate tools). The cost was quite in line with what I was paying at home. I really wanted to stuff her in my suitcase.