Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

I just got home from the 11-26 to 12-03 sailing on the regal. We had the medallions and basicly nothing worked. We traveled with two other couples and we all wound up just leaving the medallions in the cabins.

The tag along screens just showed general information such as what was available on each deck or sales promos. The last day I saw some screens that showed tag alongs but they were just generic demos.

Cabin access worked for one person out of 7.

Social Ocean worked for a few people but not us.

Ocean Ready never worked

No one was able to order anything through their smartphone or tablet.

Everyone who had a medallion at check in was given a lanyard to replace the wristband. The lanyard had a holder for the Medallion and a sleeve for the cruise card.

This is basically the condition the Regal was in when we were on the 2-day inaugural voyage November 13th. The only difference was that you said one person was able to gain access to the cabin with the medallion. At that time, no one could use the medallion to gain entry.

The tag-along screens in the elevator areas were showing the same information as you cited. Doesn't look like they have made any progress since then. Not good.

Hi, I have summarised and provided pics of our boarding experience when collecting our Medallions at Port Everglades for this first Ocean Medallion cruise if anyone is interested.

I have finally finished our account of our onboard experience from the first Ocean Medallion cruise (we were on a post-cruise road trip and have just arrived back in the UK)

Sandra

I have finally finished our account of our onboard experience from the first Ocean Medallion cruise (we were on a post-cruise road trip and have just arrived back in the UK)

Sandra

Thanks for doing this Sandra. We were on that same voyage but not as medallion passengers. Actually, your photo of the live Q&A with Jan Swartz captured the back of my wife's head. We knew we weren't part of the medallion experience when we booked the voyage at the last minute, but going to Nassau and a fare of $49 a day plus OBC and SB was good for us. Added to this was that there were only 1,000 passengers on board made this an unique experience.

We had just booked a voyage on the Regal for the end of February next year thinking we would be part of the experience, but no such luck.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm on the Dec 17 sailing and just called this evening. I had to be transferred to customer relations, and then bluntly asked for them to do something. They then credited the account $100 OBC pp as a goodwill gesture. That was my experience.

You called Princess? I tried through my booking agent without success.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just booked the 30 day on the Royal leaving 2/21/19 while on the Regal repo. We were surprised how many cabins were already booked for 2019

R U on the same one?

Howard

If the cruise can be sold in segments, each segment or combination of consecutive segments will have certain cabins allocated to it. If you look at what is available for the part you are trying to book, all the cabins assigned for other segments will appear sold to you. If you look at other segments, the cabins for the sailing you want will not be available even if not sold yet.

So, chances are relatively few cabins have been sold so far.

There are many possibilities but have to get the dimensions or an actual medallion to work with. My next cruise is 12/08/2018 so it may be awhile.

Just off the Regal this past Sunday, did not have the medallion but did not hear any complaints from those who did. We were impressed with the internet service, much faster to get on & how fast the system is now. Only complaint on that sailing is the cocktails at the Captains circle party when ordering brezza marina`s & chairmans which were anything but..I Doubt if I will even bother going to the party on this cruise & head to a lounge.

i dont understand at all how the new system will track you better than the old one. what 'activity' could you do without a card in the past that the new system will track better?

Now they will know when you are in the bathroom if you have your medallion with you.

There are 2 medallion sensors in the cabin, one of n the ceiling above tHe desk area and 1 on the bathroom wall near the shelves

were any of the ***** passengers able to order drinks to be delivered using the ***** technology that was/has/is been so heavily promoted? Or is this part of the ***** that still needs to be 'refined' and enhanced?:cool:

Guess I am puzzled about this use of the ***** (if it ever works). When recently (last month) on the Regal I simply handed my cruise card to the waiter when I ordered our drinks. I do understand that with the *****, in theory I would not have to hand him a card (my goodness, how will I deal with this major change). On the other hand, if 10 folks are crowded around a table in a bar and everyone orders we wonder if the technology will help a waiter keep everyone's drink straight (or will it make it more confusing). I am still in the mode that says that the ***** will be a great tracking/marketing device for the cruise line but be of minor use to the cruiser. We are waiting to be convinced otherwise. Meanwhile, it is nice to know that Princess will now be able to track everyone's time in the bathroom :).

Hank

So, will the cabin lights go out when the husband takes both medallions out of the cabin?

But why is he taking both medallions out to begin with? That's what I'm struggling to understand if each person is supposed to be wearing one, then just keep it on. If he wants to buy two specialty coffees, one for you and one for him then just take his own and charge it to his account. Y'all would most likely share an onboard charge account so there really is no point for taking two just to order them separately. Am I missing something?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Forums mobile app

yes, yes you are - if both passengers have the PBP

Is that Princess Beverage Package I assume? Never sailed princess, just a big proponent of Ocean and can't wait to see what it does to the cruise Industry

But why is he taking both medallions out to begin with? That's what I'm struggling to understand if each person is supposed to be wearing one, then just keep it on. If he wants to buy two specialty coffees, one for you and one for him then just take his own and charge it to his account. Y'all would most likely share an onboard charge account so there really is no point for taking two just to order them separately. Am I missing something?