Live from the Regal Princess First Ocean Medallion Cruise November 13 2017

mcg1313

When we were there it was all Medallion people as we were being held to board until we had our backup cruise cards. We are Platinum so have usually been in the preferred lounge since that’s one of our perks too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the pictures.

The Elite/Suite lounge was separate from the Platinum area in the past. I would assume that this is the Elite/suite lounge???

Thank you to all onboard who are posting your experiences. This is very interesting.

Question to Sandra and Chris: What are "navigators?" It sounds lke they are Princess personnel who are looking for passengers who may need help with the medallion.

Jan Swartz is here and will be doing a talk at 3:45 on the new technology. According to the people I talked with, neither cruise this week is sailing full. Wednesday still has a good amount of openings but no great price drop yet.

Kris

There were still so many cabins left for today's sailing and I was hoping they would lower the price but they didn't. surprised me that it wasn't a drop & go fare to fill up the ship.

Thank you to all onboard who are posting your experiences. This is very interesting.

Question to Sandra and Chris: What are "navigators?" It sounds lke they are Princess personnel who are looking for passengers who may need help with the medallion.

I'm not Sandra but the navigators are hand picked Princess employees who are here to help with the transition to the new technology. They will be here for at least two weeks and another team might come after hat. They'll help you get set up for using your medallion as well as hooking up to the new apps and medallion.net. All very friendly and they wear a bright royal blue polo shirt.

Kris

All of the chosen cabins are part of muster station B if that helps.

Just to clarify, I was on the 11/5 Regal cruise and got off yesterday; not on now. I spoke with the suites concierge, who is the person who gave me the info on medallion. We were out on the pool deck yesterday waiting to disembark and the ***** people (about 20 of them) were playing "team building" games on MUTS with controllers. There were many IT people and installers all over the ship and they were the ones who were quite upset - we overheard them talking with one another.

Hope it all goes well. Frankly, I was happy to be on the last cruise that didn't have the medallion. ;)

That's what happens with ours and we are on the 12/3 sailing. It's only available on the google play store however, not for iPhones yet.

Did you find it on the computer?

Odd. I downloaded to my iPhone last week. Did they yank it temporarily?

The talk was very informative. I'll put more up later after muster. Looking to have all of the regal live by December 18 and will look at other ships after the regal is completely done. Very personable and willing to answer all questions that we had.

Kris

Princess hasn't flipped the switch on the new Medallion-Net - will do that 11/13

will be like sitting at your desk speed, right?:evilsmile:

I don't know what kind of speed you get at your desk... If you have DSL you can get "up to" 5Mbps down. At my desktop at home I get 180Mbps down and sometimes more. There is no way in the world you are going to get anything like that at sea.

To all of you who are posting how it is going: BIG THANKS!

I am in a selected cabin for the 11/26 sailing, so I appreciate any forewarning you can give.

Sounds like they brought in the big-guns (Jan, et.al.) to add to the decorations.

I am so excited to go, but I think I will spend time hiding form the people who weren't selected since many of them are really upset and I don't want me having fun with it to make me a target for their anger.

Odd. I downloaded to my iPhone last week. Did they yank it temporarily?

Play Ocean and Social Ocean are available. I downloaded those. But Ocean Ready isn't in the app store for the iPhone. That's the one that will need to be used for the medallion.

The talk was very informative. I'll put more up later after muster. Looking to have all of the regal live by December 18 and will look at other ships after the regal is completely done. Very personable and willing to answer all questions that we had.

Kris

Thanks Kris. Looking forward to reading it.

Bon Voyage and enjoy every moment!

We are booked on Caribbean Princess March 18. That will be the first ***** cruise for that ship. I'm hoping they learn what to do and what not to do during this current roll-out. It would be nice if they had things working and the staff had a clue when we sail in March.

Kris took detailed notes (thanks for doing that!) for the chat/Q&A that Jan & Jon did. b4c606277c12951a0eacd73c0697ff89.jpg

guess they didn't want anyone in there that didn't have the medallion or it would have been mayhem with people annoyed!

Kris

Oh, that's exciting! We leave on the Regal Dec 17 (kind of odd for them to start mid-cruise but I'm not complaining!!). The sailing does have a stop in San Juan where passengers will embark, but that's not until Dec 20...

We (My DW and I) are on the Regal Princess and are in the "Muster Station B" Group - AKA the Ocean Medallion Testers!

It has been an interesting day here for us. First, the terminal was so quiet - eerily so - when we arrived at 11:30 am. With no one leaving, it was especially so. There was also less people embarking than we normally see.

Our door has been an adventure - at first my medallion would not work but my DW's did. The cards that they gave did not work. Then, both medallions worked but the cards didn't. Now, nothing works as we are getting an access denied message!

Social Ocean is not working currently but I won't be able to do it on my phone anyway as it has chosen now to act up (the "keyboard" does not show up and it reboots for no reason at all).

There seems to be as many employees as passengers honestly on this cruise and there clearly are many interested parties on how things are going. We will take it in stride - as we have told several of them - we are "Happy Guinea Pigs".

A note about the MedallionNet internet - I just streamed a part of a sporting Broadcast (GAA/AFL International Rules game for those who know what that is) and it streamed - for the brief test - smoothly and in HD. So far so good with that improvement!!!

We (My DW and I) are on the Regal Princess and are in the "Muster Station B" Group - AKA the Ocean Medallion Testers!

It has been an interesting day here for us. First, the terminal was so quiet - eerily so - when we arrived at 11:30 am. With no one leaving, it was especially so. There was also less people embarking than we normally see.

Our door has been an adventure - at first my medallion would not work but my DW's did. The cards that they gave did not work. Then, both medallions worked but the cards didn't. Now, nothing works as we are getting an access denied message!

Social Ocean is not working currently but I won't be able to do it on my phone anyway as it has chosen now to act up (the "keyboard" does not show up and it reboots for no reason at all).

There seems to be as many employees as passengers honestly on this cruise and there clearly are many interested parties on how things are going. We will take it in stride - as we have told several of them - we are "Happy Guinea Pigs".

Hope you are able to get in soon!

Where is Muster station B? That's what they told me when I spoke to them, that everyone would be in muster station B.

A note about the MedallionNet internet - I just streamed a part of a sporting Broadcast (GAA/AFL International Rules game for those who know what that is) and it streamed - for the brief test - smoothly and in HD. So far so good with that improvement!!!

MedallionNet is certainly zippier so far. Will see how speeds hold up once we’re out at sea. Since we’re Platinum loyalty level, we get free internet during this preview cruise. So we’ll certainly test it out!