Any freebies from NCL?

zitsky

There's a huge difference between riding in a "cab" and riding in a "limo". It's not all that hard to figure out!

I say Viking is the limo.

Viking is pretty good but it's not like they hand you a glass of champagne when you board. I like Ncl's romance package, flowers, champagne etc

God, I really miss the Viking forums. I feel like I'm sailing with the rifraff of the oceans. What have I done?!

/s

Maybe cancel and go back to Viking.

When I started cruising, I tried a couple of lines and settle on Crystal (who I still love to this day). After many, many years, I added Celebrity to the mix and cruised on both. Was Celebrity a downgrade from Crystal, sure, but I didn't look at it that way, I looked at it that a vacation is what you make of it and over the years, I've made some fantastic cruising buddies. After many more years, I added NCL into the mix, cruising all three, because I could do more cruises. I had heard a lot of stores about NCL and was a little aprehensive on my first couple of cruise, but found out that there were just as amazing folks cruising and I had a great time and didn't have to drag my formal gowns along. A cruise is what you make of it. One can go with the flow and meet great people or folks can keep their nose in the air and wish about what they would be doing on the other line.

I have crystal glasses from Crystal (they have never been used) and more bags from Celebrity that I would like to count, but all three gave me something that I won't forget...memories and they are much better than freebies.

Edited by NLH Arizona

You have to face facts. NCL gives nothing other than the trip and the meals! I had enough when I booked the Owners Suite with the two balconies aboard the Dawn, last April. Actually, I also booked the connecting rooms, one a Penthouse Suite, and the other a regular balcony cabin. On past cruises over the years, we often received four to six hundred dollars OBC for a week long cruise. On a triple back to back in Europe, the total OBC was $1600!:o On the Dawn cruise in the Owner's Suite in April, my wife and I each received $12.50 each OBC!:mad: I am done, finished, toast with NCL! FDR killed what used to be a fun cruise line!(n)

You have to face facts. NCL gives nothing other than the trip and the meals! I had enough when I booked the Owners Suite with the two balconies aboard the Dawn, last April. Actually, I also booked the connecting rooms, one a Penthouse Suite, and the other a regular balcony cabin. On past cruises over the years, we often received four to six hundred dollars OBC for a week long cruise. On a triple back to back in Europe, the total OBC was $1600!:o On the Dawn cruise in the Owner's Suite in April, my wife and I each received $12.50 each OBC!:mad: I am done, finished, toast with NCL! FDR killed what used to be a fun cruise line!(n)

"FDR killed" Who or what is FDR?? :confused:

I got $250 OBC from my TA for a 14 day cruise. I'm OK with that.

.... On a triple back to back in Europe, the total OBC was $1600!:o On the Dawn cruise in the Owner's Suite in April, my wife and I each received $12.50 each OBC!:mad: I am done, finished,....

I do NOT know the particulars of this cruise and am not speaking directly to the poster.

But, I do know people that would have been happy to book a similar cruise for $2,000 more and then get $1,500 in OBC and free booze in cabin and be very happy.

Sometimes it is more about perception than reality.

Same could be said about the freebie packages NCL throws at everyone. Your fare could be lower without them.

Very nice to be on Viking with 200 people. Not taking 2 hours to get on and off a ship.

I don’t think Viking can ever compare to NCL. Yet I’ve never spent 2 hour (nor an hour at most) to get off a ship in NYC which is what I’ve cruised.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t think Viking can ever compare to NCL. Yet I’ve never spent 2 hour (nor an hour at most) to get off a ship in NYC which is what I’ve cruised.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok. If not 2 hours. How long to get off the ship, and how many pax, if you don't mind?

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes::confused:I received more obc than that even on my first cruise this year in an inside cabin from the ta.

On more than 5 cruises with NCL and I can tell you the “freebies” are few and far between and having an extensive background in marketing they are shooting themselves in the foot. On our second sailing we had 12 people going to every activity possible on a 14 night cruise and accumulated a few ships activity cards to redeem for prizes in the end. I was hoping to get a little trinket for each of the five kids in our family party. We were able to trade them all in for...wait for it...3 can cozies.

So on my next cruise I purposefully packed my awesome Royal Caribbean beach tote I got for filling one activity card 10 years ago. Yes, I don’t want junk and no, I don’t want my fares to go up, but NCL really misses the boat in not making their loyal customers walking billboards for their product.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On more than 5 cruises with NCL and I can tell you the “freebies” are few and far between and having an extensive background in marketing they are shooting themselves in the foot. On our second sailing we had 12 people going to every activity possible on a 14 night cruise and accumulated a few ships activity cards to redeem for prizes in the end. I was hoping to get a little trinket for each of the five kids in our family party. We were able to trade them all in for...wait for it...3 can cozies.

So on my next cruise I purposefully packed my awesome Royal Caribbean beach tote I got for filling one activity card 10 years ago. Yes, I don’t want junk and no, I don’t want my fares to go up, but NCL really misses the boat in not making their loyal customers walking billboards for their product.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

3 cozies!!! LOL Now that's sad! But at least I now know not to bother.

NCL really misses the boat in not making their loyal customers walking billboards for their product.

When we are out on our land travels around Europe cruise passengers with ships’ logo baseball caps, windcheaters, sweatshirts, umbrellas, tote bags, etc. stick out like sore thumbs and make themselves prime targets for pickpockets and rip-off merchants. It’s usually better to blend in than stand out!

NCL really misses the boat in not making their loyal customers walking billboards for their product.

When we are out on our land travels around Europe cruise passengers with ships’ logo baseball caps, windcheaters, sweatshirts, umbrellas, tote bags, etc. stick out like sore thumbs and make themselves prime targets for pickpockets and rip-off merchants. It’s usually better to blend in than stand out!

We wear our [purchaded] Princess gear whilst on NCL cruises.

Ok. If not 2 hours. How long to get off the ship, and how many pax, if you don't mind?

It did take us close to that long in NYC in April and that was after the 2 hour delay in clearing the ship. We were planning on being off around 9:30 and ended up getting out of the terminal about noon or shortly before; not many happy faces that morning, but stuff does happen.

It did take us close to that long in NYC in April and that was after the 2 hour delay in clearing the ship. We were planning on being off around 9:30 and ended up getting out of the terminal about noon or shortly before; not many happy faces that morning, but stuff does happen.

NCL recommends giving yourself 6 hours from ship arrival time to flight time. But that may not be enough.