Any freebies from NCL?

zitsky

Does NCL give you anything before the cruise? Viking gave us a toIletry size bag one year then a zipper bag for documents the next year. And blankets. It was a choice from several items.

Not traveling on Haven or anything like that. Just an ordinary cruiser.

River cruises and higher end cruise lines (Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal) do give really nice free items, I've seen everything from wine kits, to backpacks, in flight amenity kits, real leather document holders, blankets, beach towels, and if on an expedition style cruise arctic expedition jackets that you get to keep, etc.

Unfortunately no freebies with NCL unless your travel agency is running some type of a promotion...

Does NCL give you anything before the cruise? Viking gave us a toIletry size bag one year then a zipper bag for documents the next year. And blankets. It was a choice from several items.

Did you pay more for your Viking cruise versus your NCL cruise? I've gotten a few free things on Crystal, but I pay a whole lot more for a cruise with them then I do my NCL cruises.

I guess NCL could raise all our fares and give us some freebies, but not sure folks would be very happy with that.

Edited by NLH Arizona

River cruises and higher end cruise lines (Seabourn, Silversea and Crystal) do give really nice free items, I've seen everything from wine kits, to backpacks, in flight amenity kits, real leather document holders, blankets, beach towels, and if on an expedition style cruise arctic expedition jackets that you get to keep, etc.

Unfortunately no freebies with NCL unless your travel agency is running some type of a promotion...

Nice items to get but let's face it, you aren't getting them for free. You're getting them with a much higher sailing fare.

Did you pay more for your Viking cruise versus your NCL cruise? I've gotten a few free things on Crystal, but I pay a whole lot more for a cruise with them then I do my NCL cruises.

I guess NCL could raise all our fares and give us some freebies, but not sure folks would be very happy with that.

Viking is $2000 or $3000 more for similar cruise and shorter trip. Last one was 8 days plus 2 days in Prague.

Edited by zitsky

Viking is $2000 or $3000 more for similar cruise and shorter trip. Last one was 8 days plus 2 days in Prague.
I guess Viking can afford to give away freebies. Hopefully NCL doesn't get pressured into giving freebies, because I would personally like their fares to stay low.

I guess Viking can afford to give away freebies. Hopefully NCL doesn't get pressured into giving freebies, because I would personally like their fares to stay low.

Freebies can generate good will and can create good business. The cost of my Viking freebies is a small percentage of cost. But I do get your point.

If it is 'free' stuff that you desire...on NCL just participate in all of the Organised Staff Activities, and collect 'signature's' for participating (one for participating, two or more for winning). At the end of the cruise, 'cash' these in for free logo merchandise....:cool:

If it is 'free' stuff that you desire...on NCL just participate in all of the Organised Staff Activities, and collect 'signature's' for participating (one for participating, two or more for winning). At the end of the cruise, 'cash' these in for free logo merchandise....:cool:

Same could be said about the freebie packages NCL throws at everyone. Your fare could be lower without them.

Very nice to be on Viking with 200 people. Not taking 2 hours to get on and off a ship.

Nice...but I don't need all those freebies ( ones I don't really need quite frankly) because in the long run you are paying for it all in your cruise price.

Sorry... but Viking is a totally different operation. And while we are at it, they have river cruises and ocean cruises. Similar but different.

Viking does everything different. We have sailed both. It is all a matter of what you are after and what you want to pay.