Caribbean-like European Vacation

notthatpaulyd

Hi there -

I’ve cruised to the Caribbean 5 times in the last six years and love it. My last three have been with NCL.

This upcoming year my wife and I would like to visit Europe - but we love beaches and warm weather.

Are there any European cruise itineraries that NCL offers that you would consider similar to a Caribbean vacation?

I know this is an odd question - but I appreciate the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there -

I’ve cruised to the Caribbean 5 times in the last six years and love it. My last three have been with NCL.

This upcoming year my wife and I would like to visit Europe - but we love beaches and warm weather.

Are there any European cruise itineraries that NCL offers that you would consider similar to a Caribbean vacation?

I know this is an odd question - but I appreciate the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want beaches a itinerary to Canary islands is probably the best. I'm not sure if NCL has any cruises there next year.

I don't consider it similar to a Caribbean vacation but that's probably the closest you can get in Europe.

I agree with Greek islands for warm weather ..although I have never gone to a beach there. The islands are beautiful and the people have been very friendly. We love to wander around shopping and taking photos. I think an itinerary out of Venice to the Greek isles is a great first choice for a European cruise. You can DIY several ports so will not have exorbitant excursion costs and Venice is also a wonderful walkable city..with the exception of arriving and departing. Water taxis are expensive but we found it worth the cost both for the convenience and experience. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would go with the spirit. Epic docks mostly in cities or miles from cities. Star does many ports where you can get to beaches but not easy to reach without cabs. If you're coming to Europe though I would urge you to mix and match and see some of the wonderful places.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you want beaches a itinerary to Canary islands is probably the best. I'm not sure if NCL has any cruises there next year.

Though the Canaries are part of Spain, they are located just off the coast of Africa, so not really European in character.

Though there are beaches in Europe - I would not consider that as part of our cruising. Europe is so full of unique cities, culture and history. So much to sees

I go with garycarla. Do you have a special reason for wanting to travel to Europe for the beaches? One of my favourite beaches is Viareggio in Tuscany Italy, accessible from Livorno and close to Pisa, Lucca and not too far from Florence. However, unless you are doing an overnight it is unlikely you would have enough time for the beach and sightseeing in any destination.

For the best of both worlds, what about a pre or post cruise stay to get some time on the beach plus sightseeing and culture during the cruise.

Though the Canaries are part of Spain, they are located just off the coast of Africa, so not really European in character.

Because of all tourists they are very European in character, I think. If they want European tourists areas the Canary Islands are perfect.

If they want a more genuin, and not very "touristic", European experience the Greek islands may be better even if some areas are very "touristic" there too.