Transportation from San Juan to terminal

I have seen a few recent posts about Royal Caribbean providing free transports from the airport to the terminal. Does anyone know how long this is going to last and if this indeed is happening? We cruise mid January and was wondering if it would still be provided then. If not, we have no problem grabbing a cab! :) Thanks!

I recommend grabbing a cab anyway. The free shuttle will not leave the airport until it is full. That means you could you be waiting a while if you're not one of the last people to get on it. Cabs are plentiful at the airport and will cost you only about $25 to the pier. Another thing to consider, when you arrive at the pier on the shuttle, you are arriving with a lot of other people at the same time. That could add time to how long it takes to board the ship. If you take a taxi to the pier, you might have a shorter wait to get on the ship.

Just returned for the Summit in SJ cruise 11/18. And yes, Celebrity did offer a free shuttle service from the ship to the SJU airport at the end of the cruise. The four of us decided to take a cab anyway, just easier with elderly parents. Cost was $26 for four persons and four bags, plus tip. No bad. No idea if they will continue the free shuttle. Sure the local cabbies are hurting with the loss of business

I recommend grabbing a cab anyway. The free shuttle will not leave the airport until it is full. That means you could you be waiting a while if you're not one of the last people to get on it. Cabs are plentiful at the airport and will cost you only about $25 to the pier. Another thing to consider, when you arrive at the pier on the shuttle, you are arriving with a lot of other people at the same time. That could add time to how long it takes to board the ship. If you take a taxi to the pier, you might have a shorter wait to get on the ship.

That is a good point about waiting for it to fill up. We will be getting there at 2:05 in the afternoon and will be ready to get the to ship so we will definitely just hop in a cab! I agree also about them needing the revenue! (y)

Thanks everyone!

Agree.

I have seen a few recent posts about Royal Caribbean providing free transports from the airport to the terminal. Does anyone know how long this is going to last and if this indeed is happening? We cruise mid January and was wondering if it would still be provided then. If not, we have no problem grabbing a cab! :) Thanks!

I'd take a cab from the ship to the airport. We were told that they send the bags by separate vehicle, and that did not appear to us.

Royal did a Brilliant job with the free transfer a van followed your bus to the airport with the luggage , it was unloaded there in front of you everyone just lined up and claimed their own it was very well organised:

We just got off the Jewel of the Sea yesterday, in San Juan. We were given a form, mid cruise, if we wanted a FREE shuttle to the airport with several times available. Since we had a late flight we opted for the last shuttle time of 10:15. When we disembarked, we had to get our luggage (we used a porter and there were plenty of them). They took our luggage to a truck where it was loaded on. We were then ushered to one of several buses, which took us to the airport. When we arrived we were told to just wait there and the luggage will be delivered to that location, which it was. sorry guys, but NO STRESS,. just a great offer from RCI.

We did a TA and most passengers were flying out that day. We waited exactly 10 minutes for the bus to fill up and off we went. There were many other busses. as one filled up, another was there for the next group. No numbers, just go maybe 100 yard to the bus and off you go. MUCH EASIER that a cab.

Just a heads up, we flew Southwest. When we got our luggage, we again used a porter. So he took our luggage right up to the front of the HUGE line waiting to check in for SW. It was worth the tip to avoid the hour wait on line.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13