Quick Anthem of the Seas questions

Hey everyone! Sorry for a new thread, I tried searching but on the mobile site I got results for everything but Anthem!

Anyways my wife and I are having to switch cruises around because of me taking on a new job. We are looking at the Bermuda cruise on Anthem and I have 3 quick questions:

1. Where is the smoking location? We are looking at a balcony and we want to avoid the smoking side of the ship.

2. Is this trapeze class included for no extra cost? It looks really fun!

3. Anything else I should be aware of on Anthem? This will be our first quantum class ship, having previously been on Freedom and Allure.

Thanks!!

There's an outdoor and covered smoking area on the port side of deck 6.

Can't answer the trapeze question.

Shows are pretty obvious- try to see them. The iFly is really fun, even if it's only 60 seconds of flying. North Star is pretty cool in the right spot- we've not tried- but apparently you can walk up and get on when in New York.

And if you try a JS or the other suites, Coastal Kitchen rocks.

Hey everyone! Sorry for a new thread, I tried searching but on the mobile site I got results for everything but Anthem!

Anyways my wife and I are having to switch cruises around because of me taking on a new job. We are looking at the Bermuda cruise on Anthem and I have 3 quick questions:

1. Where is the smoking location? We are looking at a balcony and we want to avoid the smoking side of the ship.

2. Is this trapeze class included for no extra cost? It looks really fun!

3. Anything else I should be aware of on Anthem? This will be our first quantum class ship, having previously been on Freedom and Allure.

Thanks!!

Hi, I would try and get a balcony the opposite side of the ship if you are not a smoker, there is a covered area on deck 6 and (IMO) it seemed to amplify any sounds of people in there.

The trapeze class was free as was Northstar and ifly, both had good standby lines while we were onboard so we got to do it more than once.

Shows to see are Spectra and we will rock you, the gift was ok, would not rush back to see it.

We loved the ship.

There's an outdoor and covered smoking area on the port side of deck 6.

On the 3 Anthem cruises we've done, last was this past January, the covered smoking area was on starboard side rear promenade of deck 5 under the balconies for cabins 6674 to 6684.

The covered section on the port side promenade of deck 5 is an outdoor section of Jamie's Italian restaurant.

Thank you for the responses! Just so I have this right, the outdoor smoking section is on the port side of the ship?

The smoking section is on deck 5 STARBOARD side under the deck 6 cabins referenced by the other poster. (

6674 to 6684)

There is also a smoking area at the outdoor pool - port side

On the 3 Anthem cruises we've done, last was this past January, the covered smoking area was on starboard side rear promenade of deck 5 under the balconies for cabins 6674 to 6684.

The covered section on the port side promenade of deck 5 is an outdoor section of Jamie's Italian restaurant.

Never really noticed- but I thought I saw people out there smoking one day....

We didn't spend a lot of time out on the promenade (just got off this past Saturday), so I very much could have been seeing things.

Still, I'd also suggest going higher than deck 6, unless you want to be one flight from the Via area and two from the Esplanade.

Ok 2 places I have to worry about. Looking at the deck plans I think port side aft will be the best place for our balcony. Doubt any smoke from the pool deck will be noticeable from the back of the ship on sea days.

We did a port side balcony towards the aft and got the smell from people smoking on their balconies.

Never really noticed- but I thought I saw people out there smoking one day....

We didn't spend a lot of time out on the promenade (just got off this past Saturday), so I very much could have been seeing things.

Still, I'd also suggest going higher than deck 6, unless you want to be one flight from the Via area and two from the Esplanade.

I also recall seeing on a very few occasions staff members, who appeared to be from Café two70 and Jamie's restaurant, smoking (sneaking a smoke ) outside the employees door at the extreme rear of the port side promenade area of deck 5 but I don't think it was an smoking area. We had the first balcony on deck 6 of the rear port side jump out section and that was the least of our problems. Lots of late night under the cabin noise and very inconsiderate cleaning staff on the promenade deck below were a lot more of a problem. Luckily we were able to change our cabin to a much better location.

You are correct about both locations and I would avoid both, if possible. We just sailed in 7272, which overlooked the Jamie's location. I thought the light was on out on our balcony but it was actually the lighting from the outdoor Jamie's location. There is also a lot of noise when the restaurant is open and people are out there eating. Granted, leaving from Bayonne at this time of year only allowed for dinner out there a few nights, but we tried to sit out on our balcony one night and have a drink, between the bright lights and the noise, we didn't stay out there very long, I liked the deck 7 location, but would go a little farther aft to get away from the lights. The noise really depends on the diners and the night we were out there, a very loud child was running around yelling during dinner.:rolleyes: We never saw anyone out there smoking though.

You are correct about both locations and I would avoid both, if possible. We just sailed in 7272, which overlooked the Jamie's location. I thought the light was on out on our balcony but it was actually the lighting from the outdoor Jamie's location. There is also a lot of noise when the restaurant is open and people are out there eating. Granted, leaving from Bayonne at this time of year only allowed for dinner out there a few nights, but we tried to sit out on our balcony one night and have a drink, between the bright lights and the noise, we didn't stay out there very long, I liked the deck 7 location, but would go a little farther aft to get away from the lights. The noise really depends on the diners and the night we were out there, a very loud child was running around yelling during dinner.:rolleyes: We never saw anyone out there smoking though.

We are in this same cabin (7272 and 7274) on the Dec 14th Sailing, Do they turn out the lights when the restaurant is closed? We really didn't have a choice in cabins as we wanted 2 side by side and these were the only 2 that the TA could find for us. Just grateful we are on the non-smoking side. Will be nice to be close enough to run one deck down and through the secret door to 270.

-Sean

We are in this same cabin (7272 and 7274) on the Dec 14th Sailing, Do they turn out the lights when the restaurant is closed? We really didn't have a choice in cabins as we wanted 2 side by side and these were the only 2 that the TA could find for us. Just grateful we are on the non-smoking side. Will be nice to be close enough to run one deck down and through the secret door to 270.

-Sean

I know they are on until around midnight or so, not sure when they go off. We like to sit out on the balcony at night and just chill, the lights just killed the atmosphere. It wasn't terrible, I just wouldn't pick that cabin if I could pick one a little farther down the cabin. We had a dirt cheap, balcony guarantee, so, all and all, we did well not getting a DO on deck 6. 7272 is at the very left edge of the Jamie's outdoor area, 7274 will be after it, but the lifeboat davit top is kind of between the two cabins. They are in a really convenient area, close to the elevators, but not too close for lots of noise. If the cabin steward is still Desmond, he is the best cabin steward we have ever had. He worked his butt off sanitizing everything during our cruise which was one of the noro cruises.

I would book that cabin again if I didn't have many to choose from, because it is a lot better than the creaky, noisy cabin we had on our February sailing on Anthem. 7272 is quiet at night without crazy popping walls like we had before.