Captain's Club one category upgrade

warmwinds

Can you do this yourself if you book online (if you have in your CC number, and pick an A1 cabin, will it give the A2 Price?) or do you have to call in to make the reservation?

Sometimes I find a cabin I want in the middle of the night :rolleyes: and am afraid it might be gone by morning.

Not sure if you can do it completely online. If you see a cabin that you want in the middle of the night, you can put a hold on that cabin without actually booking it. I do it. Hold a cabin free for 24 hours....or longer. If you hold, you may get a phone call or email before the cabin is released. The next day, I call my TA who picks up the booking.

I don't think you can do it with an A1 though. In fact, my TA told me yesterday he couldn't do a C2 to a C1. I'm not sure if that's new, always the way it is, or a restriction on the black Friday/cyber Monday promo they have going on right now.

Aqua A2 to A1 is allowed. C2 to C1 is specifically excluded in the upgrade rules. Upgrade can’t be done online. As said if you can’t get through put a 24 hour hold on the cabin you want and call Celebrity or your TA before it expires. Online when you get to the payment page, select Courtesy Hold instead of paying.

I don't think you can do it with an A1 though. In fact, my TA told me yesterday he couldn't do a C2 to a C1. I'm not sure if that's new, always the way it is, or a restriction on the black Friday/cyber Monday promo they have going on right now.

That’s due to their sales. I’m on booking #3 with the same agency and they can’t ever offer upgrades with their sale rates. I think there are restrictions even within the same category but that is not one of them under normal rates.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One addition rule - that some may not know - to get the higher price cabin at the next lower cabin price (e.g. book an A1 at the A2 price) both cabin levels must be available for booking. I ran into this earlier this year when there were plenty of A1 cabins available, but had to wait until an A2 became available. When I finally saw an A2 become available at 1:00am, I put a 24 hold on both that A2 and my desired A1 - then had my TA take care of it the following day.

OP, thanks for starting this thread. I forgot all about the Captain's Club upgrade when I booked on Tuesday online. I called the Captain's Club today and got a $200 discount - booked an A1 and received the A2 rate.

With the new refundable vs. nonrefundable deposit choice, I chose the refundable deposit, which increased the price of my cruise by $200. It was sweet to get the Captain's Club discount today and "recoup" that $200. :D

vt, it's nice that they gave you the discount after you booked - technically it is supposed to be "at time of booking" so glad it worked out for you.

We haven't booked a cruise in a while so will have to navigate all this new deposit info!

I thought that too, so asked the rep if it was too late. She looked at the booking and said she was happy to do that for me and when she was done she asked what else she could do to help me. Great service!!