Chardonnay

Tiggipaws

You could also consider a stop at Bev Mo--excellent wine selection and very good prices. It's possible a Bev Mo might be better located for you than the Total Wines store (not saying anything against Total Wines, just adding another option).

I don't d rink chardonnary but a few of my friends like B erringer and Kendall Jackson.

For On my recent Veendam cruise, my friend was having pinot grigio wine and when I tasted it, I like it. the brand she had was Ruffino and i I think it is in the moderate price range. My DH and I used to have Santa Magherita pinot grigio and I liked this Ruffino almost as well.

You might like that as a crisp white, not too sweet but also not too dry . IMO

Edited by sail7seas

I will also vote for La Crema or Kendall Jackson chardonnay. Pino Grigio is a lovely wine, but if one want chardonnay, then pino grigio won't do it

When DH wanted a glass of white he would get either but by the bottle, he got the pinot.

He liked the Berrringer chardonay.

But, he also liked cloudy bay, and santa maria sauvignon blanc. :)

Not a wine expert but do enjoy nice wine. Fortunately we live in the heart of the Northern Calif. wine country. Napa, of course has some fine wines, but we are finding some even better ones from the wineries in the Sacramento area, Alexander Valley, and even down-state in the Paso Robles area. Hard to go wrong with so many to chose from. Personal feeling-- I feel about chardonnay the same way the guy in "Sideways" felt about merlot!---totally personal pref.!!

You might want to ask the staff at Total Wine. I've heard good things about their recommendations.
Yes. Good idea. OR ask tthe wine steward if orderring a bottle in MDR

We have a new total wine which opened in our area some months ago and people here like this one as the one in FLL with which many of us are familiar.

I often order Dreaming Tree Chardonnay in the MDR from the Navigator wine package and I really enjoy it. I am not much of a wine expert, but I have had others at HAL's wine tastings give it very good reviews.

If someone from your group is a 4 or 5 Star Mariner, the cost of the Navigator package is quite reasonable (about $20 per bottle totally) and actually is less expensive than bringing your own wine and paying the $18 corkage fee. Even without the Mariner discount, the package comes out to about $35 per bottle (includes tip).

Thanks for the replies. At home I normally buy Austrailian Chardonnay for some reason. I don't like dry white wine. My husband doesn't drink, it will only be me. I don't know if I will want wine everynight as I would like to sample the cocktails. I'm not a big drinker, so I'm wondering if it would be better to buy by the glass. I don't want to end up taking bottles of wine back to the UK.

You might want to ask the staff at Total Wine. I've heard good things about their recommendations.
They do have solid recommendations. Just tell them if you like oak, malolactic fermentation (the "buttery" Chard), or if you prefer stainless aging.

Using a "screen' of Price <=$30, Score 90 - 95, and Cases produced/imported > 5,000 and reviewed in the last 12 months -- Here's a shopping list:

Wine Vintage Score Release Price

La Crema Chardonnay Russian River Valley 2015 92 $30

Matanzas Creek Chardonnay Sonoma County 2015 92 $26

De Wetshof Chardonnay Robertson Limestone Hill 2016 91 $20

Viña Errázuriz Chardonnay Aconcagua Coast Max Reserva 2016 91 $20

Hahn Chardonnay Santa Lucia Highlands SLH 2015 91 $25

Kendall-Jackson Chardonnay California Vintner's Reserve 2015 91 $17

Buena Vista Chardonnay Carneros 2015 90 $25

Chalone Chardonnay Chalone Heritage Vines 2013 90 $30

Concha y Toro Chardonnay Limarí Valley Marques de Casa Concha 2015 90 $22

Hess Select Chardonnay Monterey County 2015 90 $12

La Crema Chardonnay Monterey 2015 90 $20

Mer Soleil Chardonnay Monterey County Silver Unoaked 2014 90 $24

Using a "screen' of Price <=$30, Score 90 - 95, and Cases produced/imported > 5,000 and reviewed in the last 12 months -- Here's a shopping list:

Thank you POA1, really appreciate you taking the time. Great list, will have a look at my local supermarket and see if I can buy a few bottles to see which I like. Hows Poohby Joe ?

Thank you POA1, really appreciate you taking the time. Great list, will have a look at my local supermarket and see if I can buy a few bottles to see which I like. Hows Poohby Joe ?
He's doing well. He's sporting a little Santa suit for the holidays.

I chose the 5,000 cases number so that you'd have an easier time finding the wines. I did not cross reference to the Total Wine inventory, but you can do it on on their site. 23373b424b3df8a10777cce74164cfde.jpg

He's doing well. He's sporting a little Santa suit for the holidays.

I chose the 5,000 cases number so that you'd have an easier time finding the wines. I did not cross reference to the Total Wine inventory, but you can do it on on their site. 23373b424b3df8a10777cce74164cfde.jpg

Awwwwwwwww, he so cute, who's his little friend?

I often order Dreaming Tree Chardonnay

I've never tried the Chardonnay - I'm not honestly a big white drinker - but I really like the Dreaming Tree Crush and Cab wines. If my wallet was able to support a $12-13 wine as our everyday dinner accompaniment, their wines would certainly be in contention.

Nice list, POA, but you left off the Berrringer. :)

Personally I have never met a $30 chardonnay that I did not like! But I second another poster's advice to ask the staff at Total Wine. I have my favorites, but have been pleasantly surprised when I have taken some suggestions from Total Wine staff and tried their recommendations.