Are neighborhood balconies no longer classified as balconies for diamond discount?

CP3o

Maybe it’s getting coded by ship or c&a reps getting trained on it ahead of IT getting it implemented. Or varies by sailing? Allure I was getting a different rate logged in but not on Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What date and ship are you not getting the discount on?

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Being logged in no longer matters.

You must enter your C&A number under the exclusive rates section (on the page where you select number of cabin occupants) for every booking that you do.

The discount does appear.

I just did this! Went in - and was signed in - and the price was higher. Then, I went back, and entered in the C&A number - and viola! the price is $170 lower. Exact same cabin.

This seems a little "slight of hand" to me, as I would never have known... and now I do!

I just tried to make a booking online (logged in) and it didn't show my D+ discount...I had to call to make the reservation for it to apply.

Did you enter your C&A #. I was having the same problem, until "Blackshirt" recommended the following:

"Even if you are logged in, it may not automatically show the C&A discount like it used to. You may have to click the “see if you qualify for discounts” link and enter your C&A number to get that discount applied."

Did you enter your C&A #. I was having the same problem, until "Blackshirt" recommended the following:

"Even if you are logged in, it may not automatically show the C&A discount like it used to. You may have to click the “see if you qualify for discounts” link and enter your C&A number to get that discount applied."

That's what Ken (Ourusualbeach) keeps trying to tell everyone!!!

She's already figured it out.

On Oasis May 27,so inside 6 months, something else going on b/c no difference in price neighborhood balcony or oceanview. I'm sure it's RCCL giving me the "best" rate. :rolleyes:

It was just strange that I hadn't heard of any new rules for neighborhood balconies and this C&A rep was very sure, said he'd just had training and mentioned April 2018 (cruises after? effective on?)

Maybe it's nothing and he's confusing it with something else.

On Oasis May 27,so inside 6 months, something else going on b/c no difference in price neighborhood balcony or oceanview. I'm sure it's RCCL giving me the "best" rate. :rolleyes:

It was just strange that I hadn't heard of any new rules for neighborhood balconies and this C&A rep was very sure, said he'd just had training and mentioned April 2018 (cruises after? effective on?)

Maybe it's nothing and he's confusing it with something else.

Something not right about that particular date. The 27th shows no CAS discount, but if you select the May 6th sailing, it shows up. I'd be calling again

Thanks RCI for making another thing not matter and one more additional step to get correct pricing :(

I disagree. There may be other preferable promotions that can’t be combined with the C&A discount. Under the old way, you had to log out to get that instead of the C&A discount. Now you have a choice or rather now you can see the pricing either way much easier.

They paid

They paid $200 more total but got $75 p/p OBC more from TA on a $600 p/p cruise! You do the math!