Daily Laundry Package

chucknmarilyn

Laundry and dry cleaning need to be sent in separate bags, and I would label the dry cleaning very obviously. (A friend once had a sports jacket, clearly marked 'dry cleaning' laundered. :confused:)

The laundry is washed, pressed if appropriate for the garment, and either put on hangars or folded. I like to have the last wash folded for packing, and otherwise on hangars.

If you send by the bag, it is cost-effective to stuff that bag until the seams strain. But if you have unlimited, you can toss a couple of things from that day in there when you change for dinner, then send it off with little in it. I find the less in the bag, the faster it seems to come back.

Used unlimited laundry in Oct. on the Kdam and fell in love with it. No problems. I asked that everything be folded and just dumped it back in the suitcases. No more 5 hr. laundry marathons when I go home. Can't beat that for a deal!!!

Make sure you count is correct. If you have a wrong number of an item or (s) they will return the bag not laundried. It happened to us on our last cruise on the last laundry they would do on that cruise, so we sadly took home dirty clothes. It was not a problem for us, but if it had occurred earlier in the cruise it could have been. You have to correct the list and call to have the laundry picked up again to be done. Lesson learned for next cruise.

Years ago a shirt of DH's was lost and I was asked to describe -- I couldn't remember which shirt it was. After that I took pictures of everything that was sent to the laundry and/or cleaners.

I do the same as you, take a photo of everything laid out on the bed before stuffing it into the bag. A couple of cruises ago, they misplaced (I think it may have been delivered to the wrong cabin) my white short sleeved shirt; fortunately I had taken a photo, so could show them what it looked like and they could also see it was listed on the laundry sheet. The gold buttons on it made it stand out from regular white shirts, and they were able to locate it for me a few days later. Once the laundry is returned, I simply delete the picture from my iPhone or iPod.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

We have a 24 day T/A cruise coming up next year. I wondered if we can purchase the laundry bag for only the 2nd cruise? We didn't book it separate as a b/2/b.

Unless you change your clothes several times a day, you will be fine with the $20 a bag deal, rather than every day.. You can fit a lot in the bag, getting it back the next day if you have it ready in the morning. You don't sign up for it in advance - just do it when needed.