Cheers prepaid tips question...

boowaaccaa

But how much is given? I paid 15% on $100 (between my hubby and I) but got more like $150 in drinks. It would be just the $15 that is pooled not 15% on the drinks we ordered?

I am asking because one of the cash tips I gave, I said, thank you blah blah, you have been so good to us AND she said, no you have been so good to us. This was our first tip, so I wasn't sure what she was referrng to.

My experience on our last cruise was that a little cash went a long, long ways to ensuring excellent service. Find a bar you like, find a bartender/server you like, find out if they work there everyday (i.e. they will be there next time you come back) give them a good solid tip to start off the relationship and they will ensure you receive nothing but excellent service the remainder of the cruise. You then follow that up at the end of the cruise with a thank you tip. I call this the embarkation and debarkation tip sandwich. (and yes I just completely made that up.)

My experience on our last cruise was that a little cash went a long, long ways to ensuring excellent service. Find a bar you like, find a bartender/server you like, find out if they work there everyday (i.e. they will be there next time you come back) give them a good solid tip to start off the relationship and they will ensure you receive nothing but excellent service the remainder of the cruise. You then follow that up at the end of the cruise with a thank you tip. I call this the embarkation and debarkation tip sandwich. (and yes I just completely made that up.)

Absolutely! We did this on the Serenity Deck on Victory in August. The bartenders were so fabulous I was happy to tip extra. They remembered our names, brought us our drinks if we were not right at the bar and QUICKLY gave me another drink when I turned mine over. (OOPS!)

I don't know this for a fact, but I would imagine that the amount of gratuities that get paid on the packages are pooled and split. Whether that means that everyone gets a share or they some how allocate by amount of drinks served is a different story. It could mean that the servers get less money than they would if the grat was per drink, but that depends on usage. Plus, its more steady tip income than the per drink, which has some benefit. Like I said, I don't know this for a fact, so I could be wrong, but this is the most logical way of doing it.