Lunch Options on Freedom for 1st Day of Cruise

Hi,

There will be 7 of us on the Freedom, Jan 6th. What are the best options for lunch on the 1st day? Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks

Options: Windjammer (buffet), Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Johnny Rockets (extra cost).

Options: Windjammer (buffet), Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Johnny Rockets (extra cost).

Thanks Bob. Which would you recommend? My kids spouses have never cruised and I want to start this trip out as relaxing and non stressed as possible. There will be 7 of us. Thanks for your input.

Thanks Bob. Which would you recommend? My kids spouses have never cruised and I want to start this trip out as relaxing and non stressed as possible. There will be 7 of us. Thanks for your input.

Also check the Cruise Compass for day 1 when you get on board. Some ships have Chops open for lunch now. That would be extra cost, but the most relaxing and least stress.

Is Johnny Rocket opening for lunch at Freedom a new thing? In looking back at my old daily cruise compass from last December, JR didn't open until 5 PM on day 1. I'm not a JR fan so they could be open for lunch on day 1 and I wouldn't know about it, but just want to double check we have the correct info for OP.

To OP, if you want to go to WJ, just board the ship early and head straight to WJ (do not pass Go and collect $200) and you should have no problems. These are the pictures from our cruise and they showed how empty the WJ is if you arrive early. There are tons of empty tables.

First one taken at 11:44

enhance

This one at 11:47

enhance

• 2 weeks later...