New menu in the main dining room?

snoope

... Just for arguments sake, I can technically order "everything" on the menu? Or are there restrictions, like only 1 appy, 1 entree, 1 dessert? Would it be awkward and rude to order 1 appy, 3 entrees and no dessert? Will they ask you to finish 1 dish before you add more?

No restrictions in the MDR, you can have multiple of everything. Nor do they ask you to finish anything. However, they do prefer if you order everything at one time, as opposed to making the waiter go back to the kitchen 5 times during your dinner.

On cruises longer than 7 days, do they have additional menus or are the previous menus rotated?

Additional menus. I've been told they have at least 14 different menus, though you might see some repeat entrees.

Hi there, this October will be my first cruise ever and was previously under the impression the boats were buffet, all day every day. I was very pleasantly surprised to find this "MDR". The menu looks enticing, how is the food quality? I read a few pages from here and there seems be a consensus that the "old menu was better" ... but as mentioned this will be my first cruise so I don't really have any standards to compare it with. I just hope it's yummy!

I eat, a LOT. Just for arguments sake, I can technically order "everything" on the menu? Or are there restrictions, like only 1 appy, 1 entree, 1 dessert? Would it be awkward and rude to order 1 appy, 3 entrees and no dessert? Will they ask you to finish 1 dish before you add more?

Many folks will get 4 courses (2 apps, 1 entree, 1 dessert), so in your case, I would ask the waitstaff to deliver 1 entree with 2nd apps, 1 entree with the entrees, and 1 entree with dessert. Usually, if you make your thoughts known, you can be accommodated in a sensible way...

Have they removed the Linguini with red sauce that was offered every night? It was my go to when I didn't care for anything else. I don't see it?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Yes, they removed the everyday pasta from the menu which we also liked as a backup. We were able in April on GR to get pasta made for us but we had to work through the headwaiter who arranged it with the chef. It wasn't the same, but it was good.

On cruises longer than 7 days, do they have additional menus or are the previous menus rotated?

Yes, we were on a 9 night in April/May and while a couple of items repeated, the entire menu did not. That's how the old menus worked also.

I was on the Ovation in May and will be on the Adventure in February. The food on the Ovation was the worst thing about the cruise and people say that is because it was Asia. There were 1600 Asians on this cruise of 4900 people. We would have had no objection to good Asian food, but it was not. There was not an abundance of Asian food, but there was an abundance of very mediocre food. I am curious as to how it seems possible thevthe food quality varies so much within the fleet. Can anyone explain?Thank you.